• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold stackers!

2 hours ago, TommyTwoShots said:

Gold is part of the answer. I buy silver less than spot in 925 form. So easy, so so cheap.

Yup, any junk or .925 silver at spot or less, but focussing on gold right now :) 

(still fond of some hand-poured .999 silver though... it's my weakness)

23 minutes ago, greektony said:

I'm basically only on the gold train now as Brexit (thanks leavers) really doesn't make Silver an appealing investment IMO anymore. Helps that the current spot price of silver is considerably over my average buy in price as well.

Stop looking at the spot price, my price is what I can get a physical ounce for. That's more the true market value.

1 hour ago, ady said:

Stop looking at the spot price, my price is what I can get a physical ounce for. That's more the true market value.

I mean I'd stop looking at spot price if i didnt have to add VAT - and if second hand sellers stopped selling at "VAT included" levels anyway. One person's tax is another person's premium!

Physical gold & Basel 3  If we see the banks hovering up all the physical I'd expect physical gold to become detached from spot like silver is today.  Buying gold at 2-4% premiums will be a thing of the past, 10,15 even 20% could be possible.  If those silver squeezers tried their antics with physical gold it could drive physical even higher as theres far less physical gold around.  

$2,100 per oz is the figure being bounced around for the end of the year.   

11 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Physical gold & Basel 3  If we see the banks hovering up all the physical I'd expect physical gold to become detached from spot like silver is today.  Buying gold at 2-4% premiums will be a thing of the past, 10,15 even 20% could be possible.  If those silver squeezers tried their antics with physical gold it could drive physical even higher as theres far less physical gold around.  

$2,100 per oz is the figure being bounced around for the end of the year.   

Correct me if I am wrong but there is more physical gold above ground 🤔

annual production (dollar value of production, at current market prices)

Gold: 90mln ounces    ($157.5 bln)

Silver: 1,000 mln ounces  ($26.5bn)

Platinum: 8 mln ounces     ($10bn)

Edited by Spark268

11 minutes ago, Smiler999 said:

Gold is the only thing I will be adding from now on, likely just bog standard Sovereign coins too at that lol

Out of interest why just sovs? I'm not a fan of the modern rm stuff but their gold standard is a great coin similar size to a sov and the brits are a stackers heaven too!

Just now, StackemHigh said:

Out of interest why just sovs? I'm not a fan of the modern rm stuff but their gold standard is a great coin similar size to a sov and the brits are a stackers heaven too!

Because I have an ocd of tallying up my stack amount so I need 6 sovs to bring it to 3 decimal points again....

Have the GS and a Lunar too, but Sovs just seem easier to shift on here having been watching the deals

I haven't bought silver for at least 2 years now as I got deep into crypto (what am I still doing on a silver forum aha!) but even before that i'd switched into gold because of the milk spotting issues. The thought of paying that huge premium for the 1 Kg silver QB completer and losing it all due to spotting a few years later grrrr..

I'm getting the urge to buy again though, I think it would have to be junk silver at spot and below for me now.

14 hours ago, metallica73 said:

even before that i'd switched into gold because of the milk spotting issues. The thought of paying that huge premium for the 1 Kg silver QB completer and losing it all due to spotting a few years later grrrr..

This is exactly how I see it.  

Buying at/around £30 an ounce is a risk I am unwilling to take.  Spot has got to double prior to seeing a decent return (on the silver content), and that premium (in my eyes) is gone once the silver spots, or gets tarnished in a few years.

Edited by Nugget

On 12/07/2021 at 21:37, Nugget said:

This is exactly how I see it.  

Buying at/around £30 an ounce is a risk I am unwilling to take.  Spot has got to double prior to seeing a decent return (on the silver content), and that premium (in my eyes) is gone once the silver spots, or gets tarnished in a few years.

May I recommend the Royal Canandian MInt's silver maple leaf, it is created using MintShield technology.  All of RCM's silver bullion using this technology is resistant to milk spotting.  See link below for more information.

link: MINTSHIELD™ Surface Protection

1 hour ago, SilverStorm said:

May I recommend the Royal Canandian MInt's silver maple leaf, it is created using MintShield technology.  All of RCM's silver bullion using this technology is resistant to milk spotting.  See link below for more information.

link: MINTSHIELD™ Surface Protection

That's interesting and I learned something new.  I'm still not paying £30.79 for a bullion one ounce silver coin (price based on 25 from Atkinson just now). Circa 57% premium.

Edited by Nugget