• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

1 minute ago, SilverJacks said:

A friend of mine recently handed his PS5 reservation to a friend as he already owned a PS5. Rather than sell on for profit, which would've been quite easy in the run up to Christmas, he allowed someone that genuinely wanted to own a PS5 to buy it instead.

I think this is the argument. The real collectors want to own these coins and those that buy them to immediately sell are taking advantage of the situation. Personally, I think it's harder to apply the logic to coins as it is PS5's.  Unlike PS5's, every collector would want their coins to appreciate in value and get a higher return if/when they decide to sell.

If you're lucky enough to get what you're after at RRP, well done, good luck to you. If not, that's a shame, but those that own them in the face of high demand are free to do what they want with them. Some bought to sell, others may just give in to temptation when faced with quick profit.

I don't think anyone should be judged. Just my take on things. Although, I wonder how my friend would feel if he sees his mate selling the PS5 😂

I'll PM you my number in case he does sell. 

6 minutes ago, Swampy said:

Got to make a living…

I’ve no issue with this and, I suspect, neither do you.  

Unless, of course, the dealer is taking the ‘&/££ and then we don’t use them again 😎

I would do the same so I have no complaints

1 minute ago, dirt94 said:

What seems to be the most in demand denomination or the quickest to sell out tomorrow? Sovereign, Half Sovereign, one of the sets?

I think the biggest demand tomorrow will be a good Internet connection. The next biggest demand will be from thousands of wives up and down the country, wanting to know where the money has went out the savings account. 

3 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

Why'd you ask? 😂

I’m just curious what everyone plans on going for. I’m not in on this one. Don’t worry I’m not your competition until the Great Engravers Series (if I’m lucky) in maybe a couple of weeks.

11 minutes ago, dirt94 said:

What seems to be the most in demand denomination or the quickest to sell out tomorrow? Sovereign, Half Sovereign, one of the sets?

I'd imagine the quickest sell out will be all the sets as they will have a lower mintage and highest flip ability 🤣🤣🤣

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

I'd imagine the quickest sell out will be all the sets as they will have a lower mintage and highest flip ability 🤣🤣🤣

But even if they have the lowest mintage they are made up of coins with higher mintages.

1 minute ago, dirt94 said:

But even if they have the lowest mintage they are made up of coins with higher mintages.

Yeah good point😁 but the box (which can't be purchased separately) is touted to be made out of ivory this year 😅😅

2 minutes ago, goldhunter said:

Apart from the 5sovereign of course

Do they normally sell the 5 sovereign separately as well?

36 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I seem to remember trotting this photo out some time ago:

MO9A3009.thumb.jpg.60d208ad58be71ce140d97aee0fc52a2.jpg.d22703f037c84e13137a3881b077979d.jpg

Pinball Wizard and Flipper Table 😎

You look like your trying to entice someone into your box of circuits.

Edited by danmc82

53 minutes ago, James32 said:

Deep down we are all flippers.

We buy to increase are spending power down the road.

Some choose to do it right away which creates a false market and some individuals get burned badly if the items in question turn out to be slow burners or not liked at all.

Many people buy the hype without even truly understanding what they are getting themselves into then cry fowl if it doesn't work out financially. 

If I'm fortunate enough to get one tomorrow I personally will be holding long term ,but I've no problem admitting if I was offered a nice percentage over what I pay I will sell on without question. 

I know if I was lucky enough to get a 3 coin set I'd be wanting to keep it. I know what I'd sell for though if I was offered lol. What would be your price to part with it? 

16 minutes ago, dirt94 said:

I’m just curious what everyone plans on going for. I’m not in on this one. Don’t worry I’m not your competition until the Great Engravers Series (if I’m lucky) in maybe a couple of weeks.

I'm, pumping for a 5 coin set as it's the only way to get a £5 proof Sov,  will also try and get either a short or premium set along with a single sovereign.  

Biggest problem for many is the next engraver series and won't want to blow their wad on the sovereigns.  I would have liked it if the engraver was before the sovereign, but it's just too big an opportunity to pass up.  I've got a feeling many will buy backwards, make money on the engraver and then end up paying a premium on the 2022 sovereigns as they are all sold out.   

When it comes to the engravers I'm going big as I can and flipping as fast as a pinball machine on North pier in Blackpool! 

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

I know if I was lucky enough to get a 3 coin set I'd be wanting to keep it. I know what I'd sell for though if I was offered lol. What would be your price to part with it? 

Honestly I've no intention off selling but for a bit of fun, anything over 30% inside the first 6 months and I'm throwing in free delivery 🤣🤣🤣

10 minutes ago, James32 said:

Honestly I've no intention off selling but for a bit of fun, anything over 30% inside the first 6 months and I'm throwing in free delivery 🤣🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣. I'd let mine go if I could get a billion sovereign version out of it lol. Whether or not that's too much or too little, that'll be my selling point I think.

29 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

🤣🤣🤣. I'd let mine go if I could get a billion sovereign version out of it lol. Whether or not that's too much or too little, that'll be my selling point I think.

Yeah in that case I'm upping my limit now lol, i was being far too cheap 😁

31 minutes ago, goldhunter said:

If I had not pre ordered one I would be trying for the 5 coin set.

Much was/is the 5 coin set?

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

I seem to remember trotting this photo out some time ago:

MO9A3009.thumb.jpg.60d208ad58be71ce140d97aee0fc52a2.jpg.d22703f037c84e13137a3881b077979d.jpg

Pinball Wizard and Flipper Table 😎

Dont you just hate it when you get your 20p jammed in a 50p machine ( ukin inflation for you)