• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2021 Morgan and Peace Dollars

g33x0r

So as usual, on 5/24, it was a total c**p show.  I managed to get both CC and O privy mark coins into my cart but after multiple checkout fails, the CC sold out.  So by the time I was able to actually get my order processed I ended up with only the O privy mark coin.  Did anyone else get any successful orders through?  I think it's interesting that they delayed the rest of the pre-ordering process for the other four variations, maybe, possibly, are they ACTUALLY going to fix their site to handle the load before they open the flood gates again?  Also, it sounded like they were going to allow phone orders this time, only to call in and through their menu get a message that said this number is not valid LOL.  

I did not try but fingers crossed that a friend stateside managed to get an order in for the O privy mark for both himself and me.  He did not have any luck with the CC one.

I was stuck in a meeting...yet again, work getting in the way. I surmise that I could have just got up, said “Excuse me, I’ve got a CC & O to grab.” And returned 45 minutes later frustrated, disappointed and more my overly disgruntled self...I guess we saved us all in the long run!

On 01/06/2021 at 15:47, kena said:

I did not try but fingers crossed that a friend stateside managed to get an order in for the O privy mark for both himself and me.  He did not have any luck with the CC one.

It's funny, I thought, oh I'll at least go for the O as I bet the CC will be more popular.  I guess I was right, ah well.  I guess I'll go without for the CC for now, I don't want to pay the 2-3x eBay premium haha.  Here's to hoping the next time they do it, it all works better!

I was able to get one CC Morgan, but it took me 20 minutes to complete the order. There website failed multiple times, even during the payment process 😮 

Hope the will fix the problems, before the next coins go on sale. will try to get a peace dollar aswell!!! 

• 5 weeks later...

So they sent an email out stating that they moved pre-sale dates of the rest of the coins in order to beef up their website so this doesn't happen again.  They also lowered the household maximums which I thought was interesting.  We shall see if it happens again, I'm not thinking there will be much improvement but hopeful that there will be.  

• 1 month later...

Today's sale went surprisingly smooth, only had one "page does not exist" error on checkout and I managed to get so the S and D Morgan coins.  Hopefully the next two go just as smoothly.  Hopefully the only one I end up missing is the CC Morgan coin.  

Today's sale went not smooth, took about 15 minutes of "page note found" or "gateway error" responses during the checkout process but I managed to snag both coins!  So just missing the one, still have to wait for the order confirmation email tomorrow though on this one.  

It really is remarkable that the US mint had this sort of problem and disappointing.

My purchases from the US Mint have been smooth (but I was not buying popular issues at peak times).

Would be good to hear what your coins look like when received.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, g33x0r said:

Order confirmed!  Now that I look back I kinda wish I would've ordered multiples of each one that I did manage to get....

Are these not limited to one per household also ??

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

26 minutes ago, Coverte said:

Are these not limited to one per household also ??

3 per household, I've got 12 of 4 types...it made little sense to order just one, my coin dealer would pay me 20% over for each one, he usually offers me deals when I hand them over to get graded..lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, 3 per household, I think the original limit was higher but after the first cluster$%#@ ordering process they lowered it to 3 in hopes it would alleviate some of the pressure on the system.... It didn't work but, I can't complain too much, as I got 5 out of 6!

On 08/09/2021 at 12:06, g33x0r said:

Yeah, 3 per household, I think the original limit was higher but after the first cluster$%#@ ordering process they lowered it to 3 in hopes it would alleviate some of the pressure on the system.... It didn't work but, I can't complain too much, as I got 5 out of 6!

Which one didn't you get.

Never mind I looked back,,,I need cc too...but I got 3 of each of the other two sets after the first release so will trade for them.

Edited by DarkChameleon

49 minutes ago, g33x0r said:

Yeah, that is smart, wish I would have, oh well.  CC is the one I wanted the most too!  

Plopping down $1500 is a bit risky, and with grading your looking at over $500 for a two month turn around with no guarentee of ms 70 across the board, over $2000 for 18 coins is a labor of love or could be.

• 1 month later...