• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereign Photo Thread...

1 minute ago, Petra said:

I find the kitchen fluorescent light quite useful🤔😮, unfortunately the results are not quite up to your standards 🤔

Initially I had the devil's own job getting the coins to come out until I had a chat with @Charliemouse about lighting.  The lights in my flat are a bit c**p, and pretty much every window is obstructed by furniture, which makes it next to impossible to get natural light onto anything.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

4 minutes ago, Silverlocks said:

Initially I had the devil's own job getting the coins to come out until I had a chat with @Charliemouse about lighting.  The lights in my flat are a bit c**p, and pretty much every window is obstructed by furniture, which makes it next to impossible to get natural light onto anything.

I do have a half decent camera and was a bit more in to photography, usually more landscape type stuff. Will have to make an effort and get some decent coin pictures taken🤔😮

1 minute ago, Petra said:

I do have a half decent camera and was a bit more in to photography, usually more landscape type stuff. Will have to make an effort and get some decent coin pictures taken🤔😮

Get a basic macro lens if you don't already have one.  The desktop lighting is pretty cheap - the spots are smallrig RM-01s and the panels are Neumowa SA-60A1.  All of the lights are powered by an ordinary USB-C cable off a phone charger.  There are any number of small desktop tripods and articulating arm dohickeys available off Amazon for pretty modest prices. 

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Spotted this on FeeBay and thought i'd share it - design is rather nice  

Picture 1 of 5 

Picture 2 of 5

Picture 5 of 5

I believe this is a product of the Tower Mint and therefore in my eyes a Pseudo-Sovereign!
The Tower Mint has many partners, such as the London Mint Office, CPM Coins and The Westminster Collection. I avoid them like the plague. 
Oddly, the Company was set up by Raphael Maklouf who did the Queens portrait on Sovereigns from 1985 to 1997

What is misleading is the NGC label representing the ‘Modern Sovereign’ using the RMs image of the proof 2017 Sovereign!. Surely that belongs to the Royal Mint?……

Just now, Britannia47 said:

I believe this is a product of the Tower Mint and therefore in my eyes a Pseudo-Sovereign!
The Tower Mint has many partners, such as the London Mint Office, CPM Coins and The Westminster Collection. I avoid them like the plague. 
Oddly, the Company was set up by Raphael Maklouf who did the Queens portrait on Sovereigns from 1985 to 1997

What is misleading is the NGC label representing the ‘Modern Sovereign’ using the RMs image of the proof 2017 Sovereign!. Surely that belongs to the Royal Mint?……

I wouldn't buy it myself, it's not a proper sovereign that's for sure,  was just remarking it was a rather nice design on the eye

I didn't realise maklouf was behind some of these mark up, shake down artists. Thanks 👍 for mentioning 

12 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Both of my sovs on a recent visit to the SDB. Something about the lighting in there makes it look like there is more than 2. octsovs.thumb.jpg.386ee9f5a954820d35d6e77dcb00443d.jpg

🤔🫢😮🚀 very nice selection!🧐

3 hours ago, modofantasma said:

Both of my sovs on a recent visit to the SDB. Something about the lighting in there makes it look like there is more than 2. octsovs.thumb.jpg.386ee9f5a954820d35d6e77dcb00443d.jpg

Wowzers, that was a stack and a half, sorry to hear it was lost in a boating accident! 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

On 03/11/2023 at 19:26, Britannia47 said:

Absolute Belter 😍

26 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

My latest and my oldest so far.

20231104_115824.thumb.jpg.e480407f4b440b88d052af0577c78eab.jpg20231104_115850.thumb.jpg.b46ddec454d425ae128a4ed5c89b1c8c.jpg

A beauty.

See when we buy Gold and it arrives through the post the excitement of ripping it open is just super and once you’ve looked at it in great detail it gets re-stared at throughout the day 🤣🤣🤣until it’s bed time and then again at least a few times every day for a few weeks…😎

6 minutes ago, Sovhead said:

A beauty.

See when we buy Gold and it arrives through the post the excitement of ripping it open is just super and once you’ve looked at it in great detail it gets re-stared at throughout the day 🤣🤣🤣until it’s bed time and then again at least a few times every day for a few weeks…😎

Yeh, i got it on thursday and kept going back to look at it. Sadly its now gone into hiding. Still have a couple of pix on my phone i can look at. Not the same though.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Auronum said:

"Betting on Brilliance" 

Follow Auronum on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for our weekly Gold, Silver and Platinum staged pictures just like this one

Auronum poker picture.jpg

Could you add some crayons to get the attention of some of the members here.

Thank You.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

• 2 weeks later...