• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2021 proof sovereign - available at 9am

Kman
Message added by ChrisSilver,

This is a discussion topic for members and should not be used for dealers to advertise their items for sale. Two different posts have been hidden as have been reported by members.

Dealers who wish to enquire about advertising opportunities on TSF are invited to consider a dealer sub forum section. For more information please contact @ChrisSilver

Page isn't available yet, does appear to have a privy mark but don't they all now

Edit> found it here "the sovereign contains a crown, with the digits '95' below, celebrating Her Majesty's 95th Birthday" https://www.allgoldcoins.co.uk/collections/proof-gold-full-sovereigns/products/2021-queen-elizabeth-ii-proof-full-sovereign-95th-birthday-edition

Special feature lol "95 grain mills instead of the usual 108."

crownsovereign.jpg.1998c093612753bce3841bf97b869b6e.jpg

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

The total mintage would be more than 1,500 right?  Because the Half Sov is also in the other sets?

Yes, I acknowledge this- but only 3200 total including sets- but way less than the Sovereign mintage of 9695 in total. 

7 hours ago, Kman said:

Page isn't available yet, does appear to have a privy mark but don't they all now

Edit> found it here "the sovereign contains a crown, with the digits '95' below, celebrating Her Majesty's 95th Birthday" https://www.allgoldcoins.co.uk/collections/proof-gold-full-sovereigns/products/2021-queen-elizabeth-ii-proof-full-sovereign-95th-birthday-edition

Special feature lol "95 grain mills instead of the usual 108."

Can anyone guess what one of next year's SOTD will be?

And don't forget, Prince Philip should be 100 next year.

50 minutes ago, lightjaw said:

Not special enough to buy. Unlikely to hold premium imo

Agreed, in the short term. 

But thinking longer term, morbidly thinking but with inevitably in mind, Her Majesty will give way soon to the new King.

It’s with certainty that Charles won’t achieve any kind of longevity landmark to allow for any kind of celebratory Sovereign to be issued in his name.  
I know we wince and whine at these ‘special’ privy mark celebratory Sovereigns, but being the longest reigning monarch gives way to celebration- a Diamond Jubilee and a 95th birthday is a worthy celebration, isn’t it? 
The trouble is, is the proliferation of the celebratory Sovereigns marking events such as VE Day, Brexit etc. has unfortunately coincided with landmark events Queen Elizabeth have achieved. 
I think they have been overdone- but there will be very few opportunities to strike a special Sovereign based around Charles’ reign. 
Given the focus of the Royal Mint turning to popular themes, rather than tradition (which I’m not saying is a bad thing, horses for courses...) but to this end, I look forward to the Kim Kardashian 1,000th round of Botox privy or the 10,000 episode of Eastenders Privy. 

I personally think, that in years to come, there will be a lot of interest in the Queen Elizabeth Portrait, particularly the early three Portraits, and latterly the ones celebrating her achievements. 

I think I will get one eventually but I'm going to wait for a while. I suspect the RM will do something similar to 2019 for the SOTD's and have one for Queen Elizabeth's 95th and one for Prince Philip's 100th

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

I collect the halves so this is good news for me. The price is steep but it is the only thing I actually 'collect' so the premiums do not worry me too much. It is steep, but the secondary market is strong, especially with the relatively low mintage. I like the 95th privy and it is nice to follow on from the George III privy last year. I guess it could be worse and they could be releasing a proof version with and without. At least they are not doing that!!

I will have mine in the next three or four days then they're off to PCGS for grading...presuming they are not scratched or damaged or struck through etc.! 

A.

23 minutes ago, Heirlooms said:

I think I will get one eventually but I'm going to wait for a while. I suspect the RM will do something similar to 2019 for the SOTD's and have one for Queen Elizabeth's 95th and one for Prince Philip's 100th

She has two birthdays though - so will there be two special privy releases? If not, which date will they chose? 

1 minute ago, AndrewSL76 said:

She has two birthdays though - so will there be two special privy releases? If not, which date will they chose? 

I was thinking that. I'd think they would choose her actual birthday (April 21st) as they did the same with Victoria. Would make more sense I think

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

1 hour ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I collect the halves so this is good news for me. The price is steep but it is the only thing I actually 'collect' so the premiums do not worry me too much. It is steep, but the secondary market is strong, especially with the relatively low mintage. I like the 95th privy and it is nice to follow on from the George III privy last year. I guess it could be worse and they could be releasing a proof version with and without. At least they are not doing that!!

I will have mine in the next three or four days then they're off to PCGS for grading...presuming they are not scratched or damaged or struck through etc.! 

A.

Is the RM currently the cheapest for the half ?

I'm afraid that's a pass from me.

I'm getting confused with the Royal Mints strategy shouldn't the 95 year birthday be a SOTD sovereign and not a privy mark on the proof? I guess we're going to get them both now.

I do like the low mintage but the number of reeds on the edge and the privy just doesn't make it stand out enough from your normal design and I especially don't like the white and purple packaging.

1 minute ago, xthomasx said:

Do we assume that the 2021 bullion sov (and half sov, for that matter) doesn't have the mintmark? If so, I would need to buy the proof and the bullion 🥴

That's what they've done in recent years, so I think it's a safe bet the design on the bullion will be different from the proof.

Also they normally produce a plain edge SOTD on the actual birthday, guessing the mintage, surely not 95 more likely year of birth 1926? Also doesn't her majesty have 2 birthdays!

Quick question from a newbie to those more experienced: how do they allocate the numbers? Eg presumably if you’re the first to get in there to purchase you won’t necessarily get No.1 of 7,995...but is there some kind of unwritten rule that certain companies/people get the earlier numbers and general sale get the later ones? I’m wonder how many people who have been allocated a low number from a simple online purchase?! 

Question for the buyers; are you going for the full or half? I’m tempted with with half, but my knowledge on proof Sovs is limited and don’t know if the full is worth it as a long, long term investment?

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

3 minutes ago, Yorkshiremanc said:

Quick question from a newbie to those more experienced: how do they allocate the numbers? Eg presumably if you’re the first to get in there to purchase you won’t necessarily get No.1 of 7,995...but is there some kind of unwritten rule that certain companies/people get the earlier numbers and general sale get the later ones? I’m wonder how many people who have been allocated a low number from a simple online purchase?! 

Firstly, I am not that experienced...this is just the view based on my limited knowledge. I do not *think* they issue early CoA numbered sovs etc. to certain groups etc. They have mint runs where they produce X amount and send them out the the buyers....then there are second and third etc. runs. This morning when I ordered mine over the phone I was told that they would be out in 3-4 days for those who had placed the orders soonest and that it could be 10 days+ for the next batch. I am not sure that the CoA reflect this and I doubt very much - and please others tell me if I am wrong - that they allocated the first minted coin to CoA 0001 etc. It is random as far as I can tell/know.

This probably doesn't help - just my view and thoughts based on what I do know!!!

3 minutes ago, creative said:

Question for the buyers; are you going for the full or half? I’m tempted with with half, but my knowledge on proof Sovs is limited and don’t know if the full is worth it as a long, long term investment?

Have a look at what the 2018 and 2019 and 2020 full proof sovs are selling for? That may give you an indication. The 95 privy alongside the other changes to the standard design will make this one stand out a tad more than earlier ones.

As for me, I have only gone for the half. I only collect those. I will be buying the bullion half too, but this is for stacking. The proof is for grading and to go with the date run.

Archived