• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Pay Attention 007....2nd Bond coin on sale tomorrow

Ducat916

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do hope so

Got an email from the mint today saying they would be dispatching my replacement shortly and also bunging me the money back for the postage of the dud I originally received. Fingers cross my second gold will be a decent one and not need to be returned again

Third attempt at a 1 oz proof silver arrived today. 

Reverse looked OK, minor dent to the mirror finish below the car but was going to live with it as they've been grinding me down

Had a look at the obverse - two greasy finger marks which somebody has tried to then wipe off either side of Lizzie!

Cheers Royal Mint and your amazing quality control. Yet another return 😭

Maybe @Paul was right and I did get somebody else's return 😂 fingers crossed for the gold...

How can they hold out Proof as their highest quality work and deliver 💩 like this?

IMG_9726.jpeg

IMG_9725.jpeg

IMG_9724.jpeg

30 minutes ago, BrumChris said:

Does anyone else find that there's no joy in receiving a RM delivery now? I just feel apprehension for how much will be wrong/damaged.

Yes, I have customer services on speed dial now.....

I just ordered one of these this morning, they State still awaiting stock, yet a few hours later today I had a order dispatched notification in my email inbox. 

I’m hoping it does not have the same imperfections as @Clockpuncher but who knows, I had a difficult time deciding what I wanted to buy for my Birthday and ended up buying all three items (one of which was a bank note so not worth mentioning much about but a very scarce bank note it was). 

im probably thinking that they are trying to get rid of the returns before they sell the freshly minted stock, so if you have returned that coin there is a high chance I might end up with it, so I suppose we are all on the return stock merry go round. 

So a United States Mint 2020 Silver Proof set (with Reverse Proof Jefferson Nickel) and this lotus esprit 1oz coin Has been quite a good autumn for me so far, and another set of coins I’m going to send to Numi for grading. 

saying that I wish I could use the backyardbond code on the coins and have the it covered the whole bond range. 

90E4EAE3-A617-4E51-8DD0-E25C81B71CD7.jpeg

70CA63B9-AE7A-4B20-A997-F04ADC44B2D6.png

099D5597-B4D1-4F4C-8740-8EC4F1718CCF.png

29 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

I see all the 007 prices have gone up now on the RM website. For example :

2oz silver proof £250 (was £235)

1/4 gold proof £620 (was £590)

Good thing I bought at least some as a group of 3.

No doubt to account for returns postage...

5 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

I see all the 007 prices have gone up now on the RM website. For example :

2oz silver proof £250 (was £235)

1/4 gold proof £620 (was £590)

Good thing I bought at least some as a group of 3.

I have just seen this, it was £88 for the 1oz Silver Proof,  I was lucky to purchase super early in the morning before they raised the prices later in the day yesterday. As a plus I have the slight bonus of being 1 hour ahead of the U.K. now I’m in Germany. 

To be honest I don’t think I would have made the purchase after the price went up I don’t think I could have justified making that kind of purchase at that price for just 1oz even if it was proof. 

No 2oz gold proof for me!  ☹️

Got the below email on the 30th, but refund issued a couple of days before!!??🤔

Dear Mr Clockpuncher

Thank you for your e-mail, apologies for the delay in my reply.

I can confirm receipt of your return and replacement will be sent shortly, a refund of £xx will be issued back to you for postage.

Kind Regards

XXXXX

Customer Services

Will they not just take payment again when they send out the replacement? I think my payment has been charged 3 times now and then reversed and I haven’t received anything yet. 
And they must like you because they’ve put lots of kisses on the bottom of the email. 

21 minutes ago, damok666 said:

Will they not just take payment again when they send out the replacement? I think my payment has been charged 3 times now and then reversed and I haven’t received anything yet. 
And they must like you because they’ve put lots of kisses on the bottom of the email. 

That would be great if they did, albeit the lady I spoke to today said that it was sold out and there was no way they would be able to give me a replacement - which directly contradicts the last person I spoke with who said they were restriking them and that mine would be on its way soon!

The mind boggles

1 hour ago, Clockpuncher said:

That would be great if they did, albeit the lady I spoke to today said that it was sold out and there was no way they would be able to give me a replacement - which directly contradicts the last person I spoke with who said they were restriking them and that mine would be on its way soon!

The mind boggles

Very confusing as you have it in an email that a replacement will be sent out. 🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

Could this mean coin 3 will get delayed also? 

7FA305FB-2F4A-4BB4-AD37-2BDB8F70786F.jpeg

Dont think so as I got an email last week saying my next coin was being sent this week... I'm expecting it to arrive any day next week.

Sent RM an email today for update on 2oz gold Wet Nellie - expected reply time stated 3-5 working days

3-5 days ! jeez in my own business all clients get replies or call returned in under 30 mins 

1 hour ago, EddieC said:

Dont think so as I got an email last week saying my next coin was being sent this week... I'm expecting it to arrive any day next week.

Get ready for Monday morning at 9am for the big 3rd coin release that I’ve not had an email about 😂

Royal Mint are just shocking. 🙄 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

17 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

Get ready for Monday morning at 9am for the big 3rd coin release that I’ve not had an email about 😂

Nothing would surprise me - useless company 

If it wasn't for the chances of banking in some potential profits in future - i wouldn't use them

1 hour ago, MancunianStacker said:

I got three identical EMails from them in seconds to the same EMail address. Possibly I have yours 😀

Archived