• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Pay Attention 007....2nd Bond coin on sale tomorrow

Ducat916

57 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

When I called The Royal Mint this morning to confirm payment of this second coin in the series, the representative did illicit that the last coin would be out in October. I wasn’t in the mood to get the exact date as it was an international call.

That doesn’t give us long to save up now does it 🙄 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

That doesn’t give us long to save up now does it 🙄 

No...I thought...”oh, $#!+”. We will see if they actually commit, but I am starting the savings regardless. (i.e. not buying anything for the next month)

10 hours ago, CadmiumGreen said:

No...I thought...”oh, $#!+”. We will see if they actually commit, but I am starting the savings regardless. (i.e. not buying anything for the next month)

Is this the time when apocalypse hoarding would have been a good idea? A room full of canned food, a few sacks of rice, fully stocked chest freezer so you can save up faster, armed to the teeth so you can take out anyone who shows an interest?

Mox Metals Logo Small.jpg  moxmetals.co.uk

Ethically sourced, 100% recycled .999 silver bars & other precious metal coins, bars and collectables.

(Mox, crowned The Silver Forums number one hairy chest in the Northwest - as voted for by @CazLikesCoins, a lady who's seen more than her fair share, allegedly...)

51 minutes ago, Mox said:

Is this the time when apocalypse hoarding would have been a good idea? A room full of canned food, a few sacks of rice, fully stocked chest freezer so you can save up faster, armed to the teeth so you can take out anyone who shows an interest?

Already there. Just not to the point of being too ludicrous.

3 hours ago, Paul said:

i see the 1oz gold is still available on a mintage of just 350

Not exactly an instant sell out :( 

Poor demand ? 

folk skint? 

poor design with the Back to the Future / Delorian on it ?

My first thought was “what a steaming pile of s**** that is” then I saw how it works with the other coins. Still, not a great design but I ordered the 3x 1oz with a box to be in with the Bond crowd as I was feeling a bit left out 🙁

Ethically sourced, 100% recycled .999 silver bars & other precious metal coins, bars and collectables.

(Mox, crowned The Silver Forums number one hairy chest in the Northwest - as voted for by @CazLikesCoins, a lady who's seen more than her fair share, allegedly...)

5 hours ago, Paul said:

i see the 1oz gold is still available on a mintage of just 350

Not exactly an instant sell out :( 

Poor demand ? 

folk skint? 

poor design with the Back to the Future / Delorian on it ?

They keep emailing me asking if i want to complete my purchase.

hhhhhmmmmmm not sure what’s happening here but it seems like the payment for the 2oz has been cancelled. It’s been pending since I bought the coin but now it’s disappeared and the balance is showing back in my bank account.

Anyone had this happen? I even emailed to confirm and had a reply that the order was processed and to allow 5 days for delivery. 

1 minute ago, damok666 said:

hhhhhmmmmmm not sure what’s happening here but it seems like the payment for the 2oz has been cancelled. It’s been pending since I bought the coin but now it’s disappeared and the balance is showing back in my bank account.

Anyone had this happen? I even emailed to confirm and had a reply that the order was processed and to allow 5 days for delivery. 

Thats disconcerting, you would think they would treat highly valued customers who spend lots of money with them a lot better than that. I hope you get your order sorted, good luck.

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

9 minutes ago, damok666 said:

Oh dear, my payment is still “pending”. I’ll let you know if I get any emails etc.

10 minutes ago, damok666 said:

If it's card payment it's debited upon dispatch, unless things have changed with RM 

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

If it's card payment it's debited upon dispatch, unless things have changed with RM 

I have another payment for the smaller gold and silver which is still showing in my bank as pending. Hopefully you’re right. This was a Debit card not Credit.

Added 0 minutes later...
16 minutes ago, jackflash123 said:

Thats disconcerting, you would think they would treat highly valued customers who spend lots of money with them a lot better than that. I hope you get your order sorted, good luck.

I’ve had no emails from them so I suppose I’d better make a phone call in the morning. 

24 minutes ago, damok666 said:

I have another payment for the smaller gold and silver which is still showing in my bank as pending. Hopefully you’re right. This was a Debit card not Credit.

Added 0 minutes later...

I’ve had no emails from them so I suppose I’d better make a phone call in the morning. 

My past experience is like @Paul says, the RM don’t take the payment until despatch. If they are not shipping within 10 days, they usually take the hold off your chosen payment method, and you will pay for the item once it’s shipped to you.

The RM are extremely poor at explicitly updating you throughout the purchasing process.  As long as the items are still showing as an ‘open’ order then you have purchased- the status changes to ‘closed’ on Despatch- if the item disappears altogether from your account, you didn’t get the item.

9 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

My past experience is like @Paul says, the RM don’t take the payment until despatch. If they are not shipping within 10 days, they usually take the hold off your chosen payment method, and you will pay for the item once it’s shipped to you.

The RM are extremely poor at explicitly updating you throughout the purchasing process.  As long as the items are still showing as an ‘open’ order then you have purchased- the status changes to ‘closed’ on Despatch- if the item disappears altogether from your account, you didn’t get the item.

That's great to have some solid info as to how they operate, at least it may offer peace of mind to those waiting to find out if their orders have been successful or not. 

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

8 minutes ago, jackflash123 said:

That's great to have some solid info as to how they operate, at least it may offer peace of mind to those waiting to find out if their orders have been successful or not. 

I may have ordered 3 by mistake 😂 😬 😮 

Hopefully I receive 3 and just pay for one 😆 

Just now, MancunianStacker said:

I may have ordered 3 by mistake 😂 😬 😮 

Hopefully I receive 3 and just pay for one 😆 

That would be amazing, it may even be possible. Let us know if you get 1, 2 or 3 coins. I'm watching this space to see what transpires and quietly hoping they do send you 3 coins 🙏 🤞

2 minutes ago, jackflash123 said:

That would be amazing, it may even be possible. Let us know if you get 1, 2 or 3 coins. I'm watching this space to see what transpires and quietly hoping they do send you 3 coins 🙏 🤞

😂 maybe in all the confusion - anything is possible. 👍🏻 

Thanks for the best wishes 😉 

2 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

😂 maybe in all the confusion - anything is possible. 👍🏻 

Thanks for the best wishes 😉 

Here's hoping, and your welcome of course 😊 

28 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Just checked and it is still there as an open order. 

1 hour ago, damok666 said:

This was a Debit card not Credit

The cc protection a card affords you should always be used. Couple that with whatever takes you fancy avios points? Air miles? Next to zero cash back? Nectar points? May as well get a little bonus if you have the cash

Weird, I ordered the 3x1oz with free case and it said they would all be dispatched together. Got an email yesterday saying order had been shipped, they took payment for 2 of the coins but only one has turned up....

Pleasantly surprised that it looks a lot better in the hand than the pics, not great but nicer than expected. Packaging is average, booklet is quite nice for what it is:

4A55D9A6-942A-45D8-B407-5830CD6A9853.jpeg

6 hours ago, Mox said:

Weird, I ordered the 3x1oz with free case and it said they would all be dispatched together. Got an email yesterday saying order had been shipped, they took payment for 2 of the coins but only one has turned up....

Pleasantly surprised that it looks a lot better in the hand than the pics, not great but nicer than expected. Packaging is average, booklet is quite nice for what it is:

Thats exactly how I felt when I got the 1st coin (what seems a lifetime ago!) , not so great on the photos but in hand I was very pleased. I think it's those big fields, it just works better in the 'flesh' and if honest I think I prefer the three coin set to the 5oz special issue (now). Well I'm going to put this out there, I think these are really good and I think once complete they will look fantastic as set.

Archived