• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Pay Attention 007....2nd Bond coin on sale tomorrow

Ducat916

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite the one I was hoping for, but the silver 1 ounce proof arrived for me today.

Would you guys be sending this one back? I was a bit disappointed with it:

• Malformation in the mirror finish on the reverse 6/7 o clock position
  • Scuffing to the edge of the frosted face 1-2 o'clock
  • Missing frosting at the edge of the 7  near 3 o'clock. (this is quite noticeable to the eye when holding as it is a really shiny glint in a matt area)

Obverse completely fine

IMG_9184.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Clockpuncher said:

Not quite the one I was hoping for, but the silver 1 ounce proof arrived for me today.

Would you guys be sending this one back? I was a bit disappointed with it:

• Malformation in the mirror finish on the reverse 6/7 o clock position
  • Scuffing to the edge of the frosted face 1-2 o'clock
  • Missing frosting at the edge of the 7  near 3 o'clock. (this is quite noticable to the eye when holding as it is a really shiny glint in a matt area)

Obverse completely fine

IMG_9184.jpeg

Yes mate, id be sending back for replacement. Sorry to hear 😕

The way I see it, if someone in the secondary market wanted to charge me top money for a coin would I pay it with those issues.. no. You deserve a good one.  Grade wise its what, a 66 maybe? Not good enough 👍

I would send back..... I had a proof (Frankenstein) coin which had marks around the Queens head sent it back and today got its replacement which has the same marks DOH... just called them and sent pictures... will probably be sending that back as well

The first 1oz turned up today and after seeing the comments above I thought I would check the 2nd as it looked fine at first glance. There is a line, on the queens neck (no, not a wrinkle), I don’t know if I can be arsed to send it back, it’s not noticeable below her neck to the naked eye but you can see the bit on her neck but not much. Should I do something about it?

557176E0-29BF-431C-9B73-EF27C69F60AC.jpeg

Mox Metals Logo Small.jpg  moxmetals.co.uk

Ethically sourced, 100% recycled .999 silver bars & other precious metal coins, bars and collectables.

(Mox, crowned The Silver Forums number one hairy chest in the Northwest - as voted for by @CazLikesCoins, a lady who's seen more than her fair share, allegedly...)

2 hours ago, Mox said:

The first 1oz turned up today and after seeing the comments above I thought I would check the 2nd as it looked fine at first glance. There is a line, on the queens neck (no, not a wrinkle), I don’t know if I can be arsed to send it back, it’s not noticeable below her neck to the naked eye but you can see the bit on her neck but not much. Should I do something about it?

557176E0-29BF-431C-9B73-EF27C69F60AC.jpeg

Why not if you're unhappy with it - this will always be there in the back of your mind and you've paid top dollar for a proof!

I just called the RM - they issued a prepaid tracked & insured return label and will exchange it no problem.

11 minutes ago, Clockpuncher said:

Why not if you're unhappy with it - this will always be there in the back of your mind and you've paid top dollar for a proof!

I just called the RM - they issued a prepaid tracked & insured return label and will exchange it no problem.

I guess so, and yes, it would annoy me forever. Just needed someone to tell me to get off my fat arse and do something about it 👍🏼

Mox Metals Logo Small.jpg  moxmetals.co.uk

Ethically sourced, 100% recycled .999 silver bars & other precious metal coins, bars and collectables.

(Mox, crowned The Silver Forums number one hairy chest in the Northwest - as voted for by @CazLikesCoins, a lady who's seen more than her fair share, allegedly...)

My 2oz Gold “Bond 2” has made it safely out of South Wales and is on its way to Manchester via Bristol of all places 😁 

Lets hope the quality is up to scratch 😱 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

20 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

My 2oz Gold “Bond 2” has made it safely out of South Wales and is on its way to Manchester via Bristol of all places 😁 

Same here

Lets hope my last silver one took the beatings so the gold comes pristine!

11 hours ago, Clockpuncher said:

Same here

Lets hope my last silver one took the beatings so the gold comes pristine!

11 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

no update on mine leaving royal mint yet :( 

James Bond coin just arrived, excitedly I hurried it inside to have a look...

Packaging nice, coin not positioned correctly or properly in its holder, lid also nearly falling off but OK (first photo below)

The coin is perfect to the eye and under my 10x loupe ------- with the exception of the dent right below Wet Nellie!!!

ARGHHH Royal Mint quality control 🤬🤬🤬

Back it goes...

IMG_9233.jpeg

IMG_9235.jpeg

IMG_9236.jpeg

IMG_9239.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Clockpuncher said:

@Shinus73 @Mike can you share your CoA numbers as I’m going to ask them for a replacement (doubt I’ll get it!) and don’t fancy a switcheroo.

I've agreed with RM account manager that I keep same cert no as it matched my series 1 coin

2 hours ago, Clockpuncher said:

James Bond coin just arrived, excitedly I hurried it inside to have a look...

Packaging nice, coin not positioned correctly or properly in its holder, lid also nearly falling off but OK (first photo below)

The coin is perfect to the eye and under my 10x loupe ------- with the exception of the dent right below Wet Nellie!!!

ARGHHH Royal Mint quality control 🤬🤬🤬

Back it goes...

IMG_9233.jpeg

IMG_9235.jpeg

IMG_9236.jpeg

IMG_9239.jpeg

How on earth does such a massive ding get past QC? 

5 minutes ago, Martlet said:

How on earth does such a massive ding get past QC? 

I have no clue mate. At first I thought 'oh, its just a bubble which hasn't been struck properly' so I googled the coin and realised that there wasn't supposed to be a bubble there at all!

3 of these coins received by forum members today that we are aware of so far - all 3 going back....

Question: Is there a secure postage method that anybody knows to send them back? RM told me to use an insured courier but I looked and doesn't seem anybody insures PM apart from RMSD and even that is only up to £2.5k....

Received mine. Video on YouTube:

Doesn’t look too bad. I’ll chance not returning it. 😬 

Not sure why it keeps flipping into portrait when I took the whole thing in landscape to avoid a tiny sideways video!!!

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Just gave Royal Mint a tinkle on the phone to get an update on mine

For those who dont have theirs as yet, another batch of 2oz gold Bond are getting dispatched tomorrow, the last batch to ship will be next week on Friday 25th he said

1 hour ago, Clockpuncher said:

Question: Is there a secure postage method that anybody knows to send them back? RM told me to use an insured courier but I looked and doesn't seem anybody insures PM apart from RMSD and even that is only up to £2.5k....

I think only Fedex (or UPS if you have frequent account), or you take the risk on RM SD - also be careful if you are relying on the insurance, there was a thread by @BackyardBullion recently which showed that if you pay for insurance up to £2.5k but your item is actually worth more And you’re honest about that, then the whole policy is void and you’d get nothing but perhaps BYB can confirm or someone can link to the thread?

that said, Have you asked RM to pay for the return postage? They will send you a label if you ask (why should you pay!) - that way, if it were to get lost the. there might be an argument to say that it was lost under their shipment, not yours as long as you can prove you posted it 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

I think only Fedex (or UPS if you have frequent account), or you take the risk on RM SD - also be careful if you are relying on the insurance, there was a thread by @BackyardBullion recently which showed that if you pay for insurance up to £2.5k but your item is actually worth more And you’re honest about that, then the whole policy is void and you’d get nothing but perhaps BYB can confirm or someone can link to the thread?

that said, Have you asked RM to pay for the return postage? They will send you a label if you ask (why should you pay!) - that way, if it were to get lost the. there might be an argument to say that it was lost under their shipment, not yours as long as you can prove you posted it 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

Yea, I've seen his thread that its basically a scam if you post anything more than £2,500 - they'll take your money but not pay out if its worth £2,500.000000000001

This is worth £4550 so not even arguable.

I spoke to RM and the lady told me they would refund postage and to use an insured carrier. I explained that they probably have 'goods in transit' insurance but RMSD only do up to 2.5k and that I, as a private individual, don't have access to that sort of thing and she basically told me tough s**t. They will pay the return postage but won't assume the risk.

@BackyardBullion any inspiration for an average bloke?

Archived