• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, treetop1280 said:

senior service  and capstan full strength. ciggs of champions ,  good for your heath , as the adverts used to say

My old granpa smoked Capstan Full Strength. I tried one when I was a kid, it made me cough.  Granpa died aged 86 after falling down and breaking his hip. He had survived three heart attacks. Irrelevant and useless information. Back to the thread. What's silver gonna do this week then...Any crystal ball gazers out there..?  Up..?  Down..?  Sideways..?   What...?

Edited by flyingveepixie

16 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

My old granpa smoked Capstan Full Strength. I tried one when I was a kid, it made me cough.  Granpa died aged 86 after falling down and breaking his hip. He had survived three heart attacks. Irrelevant and useless information. Back to the thread. What's silver gonna do this week then...Any crystal ball gazers out there..?  Up..?  Down..?  Sideways..?   What...?

Never trust a Friday move...

Back down to test the breakout above $29.50 and then we'll see - that would put us as something like £23.50

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

What's silver gonna do this week then...Any crystal ball gazers out there..?  Up..?  Down..?  Sideways..?   What...?

I'm guessing correction (down), but by year end we'll be much higher than today's price. 

I know it's true, someone told me in Asda. 

(Well, its my prediction anyway 😊)

Edited by katyc

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, katyc said:

I'm guessing correction (down), but by year end we'll be much higher than today's price. 

Actually, after seeing the latest on war issues, thanks to @Gruff's Gold monitoring thread link, maybe it'll stay higher for a while....

Edited by katyc

25 minutes ago, katyc said:

Actually, after seeing the latest on war issues, thanks to @Gruff's Gold monitoring thread link, maybe it'll stay higher for a while....

There are so many points to consider and just one of them can be a flash point to cause heavy price swings either way.

I said this the other day. Markets and the planet are on tenterhooks. As such we tend to get extremes in both directions. It's almost as if it's only about speed to react to news, rather than digesting it and thinking about how it might affect a market and then reacting.

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

1 hour ago, katyc said:

🤔😮Asda…😮stop being flash..😮😁

20 minutes ago, silvergaga said:

My crystal ball says, up another $1,50 dollars tomorrow, people will have to get used to $2 and $3 daily moves in the up direction.

I bought my crystal ball in Asda, it's a beauty.

So as we’re not in America… how many pence or pounds is that🤔😮😁

29 minutes ago, Petra said:

🤔😮Asda…😮stop being flash..😮😁

To be fair, I don't even have an Asda near me.... 😆

Just now, katyc said:

To be fair, I don't even have an Asda near me.... 😆

Only a Waitrose and Harrods!

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

Just now, stefffana said:

Only drive to the Corner Shop? 😁

200 (21).gif

Haha! Its all Aldi, Lidl and Sainsburys pretty much around here.

Sadly they don't accept silver coins as payment though.

2 minutes ago, katyc said:

Haha! Its all Aldi, Lidl and Sainsburys pretty much around here.

Sadly they don't accept silver coins as payment though.

Same here, we also have Morrisons and M&S. Waitrose I need to go abroad to Kernow for the closest one if I want to see how the other half live :D 

42 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Same here, we also have Morrisons and M&S. Waitrose I need to go abroad to Kernow for the closest one if I want to see how the other half live :D 

You think that's tough, I live up north, if I wanted waitrose I'd probably have to drive south of watford gap.

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

2 hours ago, Petra said:

So as we’re not in America… how many pence or pounds is that🤔😮😁

pence, pounds, cents, dollars, cents, euros, yens all the same toilet paper to me Sir.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

DISCALIMER: This is not just any BS, this is M&S BS

TL:DR -  Final Probability of silver price action on Monday:

• Probability of Silver Going Up: High (70-80%).
  • Probability of a Pullback/Consolidation: Moderate (20-30%).

If you haven't tried the new GTP-4o yet, you should check it out. It can access the internet and analyse uploaded charts and documents. I uploaded these charts below and asked for the probability of whether silver is going up or down on Monday. GPT before the latest iteration was already one of the finest technical analysts in the world (GPT 3.5/4). The new model is definitely an upgrade. Many traders and investment houses are using similar models or even GPT itself to ask the same questions, so, without further ado, here's a monster TL:DR filled with graphs and AI generated content 😂

Screenshot2024-05-19130315.thumb.png.ad17d01799a554bd5b01eb78a1dbdfe1.png

Screenshot2024-05-19125821.thumb.png.817a76ec5cd7d3b07fe3e0fa9d699b46.png

Screenshot2024-05-19131107.thumb.png.8d294bad0a4718445fbcea98fd5ed206.png

Screenshot2024-05-19130916.thumb.png.c3accd617b1d79de9e08535a755ed5bb.png

Screenshot2024-05-19130757.thumb.png.3fdad69bacebaaf67a79c0eb553c8e76.png

Screenshot2024-05-19130454.thumb.png.aecd8bb017c2df5c329cc9a81f8b7c5a.png

Screenshot2024-05-19131157.thumb.png.fa058a774543637c9f57f2079c6562f4.png

Based on the provided charts and technical indicators, it appears that silver has a strong bullish momentum. Here’s a detailed analysis:

Technical Indicators:

1. RSI (14): The RSI value is 88.445, which indicates that silver is in the overbought territory. This suggests strong buying pressure but also indicates a potential for a short-term pullback.
  2. Stochastic (9,6): The stochastic oscillator is at 78.41, which also suggests overbought conditions.
  3. Stochastic (14,3): At 100, it’s highly overbought, reinforcing the possibility of a pullback.
  4. MACD (12,26): The MACD is at 0.463, indicating a bullish crossover, which is a positive sign for upward momentum.
  5. ADX (14): At 72.591, the ADX indicates a very strong trend, likely upward given the current price movements.
  6. Williams %R: At -3.778, it is in the overbought region.
  7. CCI (14): The CCI is at 130.8463, which is also overbought.
  8. ATR (14): At 0.2545, this indicates high volatility.
  9. Ultimate Oscillator: At 78.067, this is in the overbought range.
  10. ROC: At 5.981, this shows positive momentum.
  11. Bull/Bear Power (13): At 1.508, it indicates more bullish power.

Moving Averages:

All the simple and exponential moving averages (MA5, MA10, MA20, MA50, MA100, MA200) indicate a "Buy" signal, suggesting that the price is above these averages, which is a strong bullish indicator.

Pivot Points:

The current price is above the pivot point levels, and the resistance levels are higher, indicating a bullish trend.

Technical Analysis Summary:

• Short Term, Mid Term, and Long Term Trends: All are bullish.
  • Resistance and Support Levels:
    • Resistance: 29.76 (short and mid-term), 29.99 (long-term).
    • Support: 27.46 (short-term), 26.34 (mid-term), 21.59 (long-term).
    • The spread between current prices and resistance/support levels suggests significant room for price movement, especially upwards.

Chart Analysis:

The chart shows a strong upward movement with the price currently at 31.49. The RSI is also in the overbought territory, reinforcing strong buying momentum but also cautioning about potential corrections.

Summary:

• Strong Buy Indicators: The majority of technical indicators and moving averages point to a continued bullish trend.
  • Overbought Conditions: Multiple indicators in the overbought zone suggest the possibility of a pullback or consolidation.

Probability Analysis:

Given the strong bullish indicators across multiple technical metrics and the consistent upward trend, there is a high probability that silver will continue to rise when markets open on Monday. However, due to the overbought conditions, there might be a minor pullback or consolidation before continuing the upward trend.

Final Probability:

• Probability of Silver Going Up: High (70-80%).
  • Probability of a Pullback/Consolidation: Moderate (20-30%).

Given these factors, it’s important to monitor the market closely for any signs of reversal or consolidation due to overbought conditions, but overall, the trend is strongly bullish.

🤔so …. is the price going up or down (one word easy to understand answer acceptable 🤔😮🤷🏼‍♂️)

2 hours ago, silvergaga said:

pence, pounds, cents, dollars, cents, euros, yens all the same toilet paper to me Sir.

Edited by Petra
Spell