• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The coming Gold crash

Wonger
Message added by ChrisSilver

⚠️Please remain respectful to other members even if opinions differ. The truth is that no one knows what the future price of Gold will be and no one can predict with any certainty what it will be. People can make assumptions and guesses based on what they think will happen but at the end of the day anything can happen.

The future price of gold will either be the same, higher, or lower. So please debate respectfully of fellow members even if they have a different opinion or opposing views to the majority of members. 

No member will ever be banned for having a different opinion to another member but members who are rude and disrespectful do risk their account status. Please be polite and respectful of all members, we wish to maintain a pleasant place on TSF ⚠️

On 05/04/2020 at 11:41, Wonger said:

Personal exposure and desk exposure to short Gold futures at this present time is lets say interesting! 😉

However this is in addition to various other interesting positions that include short 30 TSY (long term) short s&p's (short term) short Bitcoin target $1200, long oil storage TNK, STNG ,LPG, EURN, DHT added Friday medium term, short WTI medium term, Short Silver medium term as is Gold

1 hour ago, Wonger said:

When the US Dollar explodes up to 140 Gold will completely collapse! 

what an awkward position to take?

HH

If you have enough physical for the long haul, no bother. But if not, it is wise to buy physical gold on dips and physical silver due to the gsr ratio. That is my personal opinion for the long haul.....but a simple piece of advice to those new to the scene who may not be in the paper trading game and may hang on every word your good self forecasts here on this thread. Beware of high premiums though when doing so. Hope that doesn’t create an issue here on your thread by saying so.

Edited by Oldun

Being new to this would it be easy (probably not) to say if I should invest in gold/silver now or not for medium to long term investment and possible trading if prices are favourable?

There’s a lot to try and take in and I am trying to learn fast...

Mox Metals Logo Small.jpg  moxmetals.co.uk

Ethically sourced, 100% recycled .999 silver bars & other precious metal coins, bars and collectables.

(Mox, crowned The Silver Forums number one hairy chest in the Northwest - as voted for by @CazLikesCoins, a lady who's seen more than her fair share, allegedly...)

Good luck @Mox All of us have been where you are at some point....but make sure everything is balanced. I go with a 90/10% split of au/ag and no more than 20% of my total worth. Some would say 10%. Pensions say less than 1% over the good times in the last 20-30 years give or take.There is no right answer. Evaluate your own appetite for risk and manage it depending on your own life situation and needs.

Edited by Oldun

21 minutes ago, Mox said:

Being new to this would it be easy (probably not) to say if I should invest in gold/silver now or not for medium to long term investment and possible trading if prices are favourable?

There’s a lot to try and take in and I am trying to learn fast...

consider building an emergency fund that includes physical gold

bullion(probably best to leave out silver for now). from this you

can add items, as and when your increased understanding

allows(bargain hunting).

work on your strategy, recognising what prices 'should be' will

come with experience. 

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

3 hours ago, Wonger said:

When the US Dollar explodes up to 140 Gold will completely collapse! 

If the dollar hits 140 we will be well into deflation and everything would be collapsing not just gold. Therefore it will not happen the FED will print long before that point, it may rise to start with but DXY will be back at 90 before this is over.

18 minutes ago, KDave said:

If the dollar hits 140 we will be well into deflation and everything would be collapsing not just gold. Therefore it will not happen the FED will print long before that point, it may rise to start with but DXY will be back at 90 before this is over.

"everything would be collapsing not just gold" Wrong, the purchasing power of your cash will rocket up, aside from any speculative bets on the collapse, this is why I sold my Gold recently at these crazy premium prices and im shorting Gold, because its going down with everything else

Agree that the Dollar will collapse too, but not before its reached 140 or even higher and destroyed the global financial system first being the last man standing, the higher the Dollar goes the higher it has to go, it will go as it high as it needs destroy everything 140/180/220 take your pick, when your a foreigner and owe $12 trillion in Dollar debt, your only choice is too print your own currency to buy Dollars, thus driving the Dollar even higher 

Edited by Wonger

24 minutes ago, Wonger said:

...when your a foreigner and owe $12 trillion in Dollar debt, your only choice is too print your own currency to buy Dollars, thus driving the Dollar even higher 

Or say f*ck off - can't pay - won't pay - it was counterfeit in the first place.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 hours ago, Oldun said:

If you have enough physical for the long haul, no bother. But if not, it is wise to buy physical gold on dips and physical silver due to the gsr ratio. That is my personal opinion for the long haul.....but a simple piece of advice to those new to the scene who may not be in the paper trading game and may hang on every word your good self forecasts here on this thread. Beware of high premiums though when doing so. Hope that doesn’t create an issue here on your thread by saying so.

This issues is NO one currently knows if gold is high or low currently, Harry Dent is saying gold will fall and Mike Maloney and MANY others are saying gold will go through the roof 

52 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Or say f*ck off - can't pay - won't pay - it was counterfeit in the first place.

Not sure about telling the Zionist ooops US Military to f*ck off, but would love to see it 🤣

Edited by Wonger

2 minutes ago, Wonger said:

Not sure about telling the Israeli ooops US Military to f*ck off, but would love to see it

Wonger, why do you think gold is going to crash when others think it’s going through the roof? Harry dent previously thought gold was going to crumble to $400 or below he has now changed his tune and said around $1000 

Do you own a cat @Wonger Just curious.

15E110BB-5DD9-4F7A-A37C-092F2C1AD8CF.thumb.jpeg.148b93cb3a7b84cda2b4ff535c98cdb0.jpeg

Edited by Mox

Ethically sourced, 100% recycled .999 silver bars & other precious metal coins, bars and collectables.

(Mox, crowned The Silver Forums number one hairy chest in the Northwest - as voted for by @CazLikesCoins, a lady who's seen more than her fair share, allegedly...)

1 minute ago, Minimalist said:

What book is that and whats this about the cat?

Lee Camp: Bullet Points and Punch Lines p86. Ref https://www.forbes.com/sites/frederickallen/2013/01/15/cat-beats-professionals-at-stock-picking/#7e357717621a

19 minutes ago, Mox said:

the experiment was biased towards random luck.

they could make trades quarterly... at the end of the year(results)..

professionals trade when they need to, not just quarterly.

the cat had a 1 in 3 chance of getting lucky as the professionals

were handicapped to being forced to blindly throw the dice.

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

Maybe, maybe not. I would bet on you all taking up the challenge v a cat and expect to win?

15 minutes ago, Mox said:

Maybe, maybe not. I would bet on you all taking up the challenge v a cat and expect to win?

I would bet a professional that was allowed to trade properly

would over many trades(not just 4) beat the cat and students

on average(there's not much you can do if your opponent hits

the jackpot when going all in on a single trade). high risk/high

reward, but there's only so many times that you can get lucky.

set up properly, I would expect the professional to win more

often.

if setup properly how is publishing that professionals beat

students and cats, news worthy?

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

But the professionals would still have expected to beat a cat, if they agreed to the challenge then I assume they were confident of success. And before seeing the result the vast majority would have bet on them winning.

35 minutes ago, Mox said:

Depends on the rules. If we were allowed to purchase any type of asset at our discretion then I would be confident to beat a cat. As @HawkHybrid pointed out there are limits where only four market purchases are given over each quarter making it clearly a bias. If it was say for example £10,000 starting capital and we had until the end of this year leaving 8 months left the cat would obviously lose.

2 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Depends on the rules. If we were allowed to purchase any type of asset at our discretion then I would be confident to beat a cat. As @HawkHybrid pointed out there are limits where only four market purchases are given over each quarter making it clearly a bias. If it was say for example £10,000 starting capital and we had until the end of this year leaving 8 months left the cat would obviously lose.

So, if there had only been one trade and the cat won then you would say it was luck and there should be more. So, there were 4 and the cat won, so you say there should be more. If there were more and the cat won then ‘obviously’ we would need more trades until the professionals won and you could turn round and say “See? Told you so!”. If one has no control over an outcome then the cat can always win, there is no certainty in a game of chance.

6 minutes ago, Mox said:

So, if there had only been one trade and the cat won then you would say it was luck and there should be more. So, there were 4 and the cat won, so you say there should be more. If there were more and the cat won then ‘obviously’ we would need more trades until the professionals won and you could turn round and say “See? Told you so!”. If one has no control over an outcome then the cat can always win, there is no certainty in a game of chance.

Fact remains that the cat was lucky because it has no knowledge and understandings of the markets.

Truth is, the more trades over the length of time/greater scale, you get to see who is the real deal. A cat would be at the bottom of the list.