• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

BBP TRADING PAUSED

fireblade4life

I guess they will be reviewing what they have already paid for their existing stock, and what's incoming and have a discussion of where prices might go so they can adjust their sales premiums accordingly, I guess they will be doing this daily.

To be honest and in my option, the way I see it is…. it’s all a gamble really and no one can accurately predict future prices. So if these massive dealers (i.e. they sell bullion by the million) have stock and the price goes down then why are they closing trading? Who cares what they purchased it for in the first place.

Doesn’t seem fair to me. I’m assuming this is all to do with the ‘paper’ and physical markets being so far out from each other 🤷‍♂️

• Founder & Administrator

In General it doesn’t matter to a dealer what the spot price is, as long as they can rebuy the stock for less than they sold it for as soon as they have sold current stock, then it’s fine.

100’s of customers buy different items at the same time and the dealer immediately places orders to restock those 100’s items from the mint. 

The issue is if their suppliers have limited quantities or no stock due to the high demand and can’t currently meet supply. If a dealer can’t rebuy an item of stock, then they would not only take the hit on the original price they paid if stock price were to go up again, they would make an even bigger loss, greatly reducing the total number of items they can stock at one time and severely damaging their business, this is also ultimately bad for their customers as this business is unable to supply them with a high variation of different stock.

Once there is stock available direct from the mint then they can start trading again. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

3 minutes ago, ChrisSilver said:

In General it doesn’t matter to a dealer what the spot price is, as long as they can rebuy the stock for less than they sold it for as soon as they have sold current stock, then it’s fine.

^^ Understood and makes total sense thanks for the explenation. 

6 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Apparently problem with couriers due to virus. I wonder if this is a sign of things to come? I'm waiting on a delivery from another dealer... And I hope postal services won't be impacted, that's obviously essential.

They have always used Royal Mail Special Delivery with me!

3 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

They have always used Royal Mail Special Delivery with me!

Yeah with me too. Every dealer has a different excuse, but I think mostly it's because they don't want to sell us cheap bullion (I see many items out of stock all of a sudden when the prices fell...). Having said that, at BBP you can still order and have it delivered later.

The thing is, we may see a decoupling manifest of the spot price (paper price) and physical price....meaning higher premiums across the board. We can't seriously expect the value of an ounce of silver to be £9... that's paper market manipulation and turmoil.

Am I the only one thinking a Royal Mint signature account is prudent?  I know it may go against the ethos of holding physical, offers a short term vehicle if you believe price will return.  Beats chasing around suppliers with inflated premiums, VAT, and delivery delay.

Just received this email from bitgild.

170909121_Screenshot2020-03-1710_39_32.thumb.png.ad695636bd2cfdee05c10f7a970e9b3b.png

Haven't ordered from them in years but they used to dropship via Coininvest.  Jumped on Coininvest and they have a scrolling banner stating that Covid-19, high demand means there may be shipping delays.

6 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Am I the only one thinking a Royal Mint signature account is prudent?  I know it may go against the ethos of holding physical, offers a short term vehicle if you believe price will return.  Beats chasing around suppliers with inflated premiums, VAT, and delivery delay.

Hmmm - On silver it's dealt without VAT!  interesting thought 👍

but its government business - so I am very wary of NOT holding physically!

As I have said many times before - my belief is "If you dont HOLD IT! - you dont OWN IT!

but it could be small portion  go long prospect!  Hmmmm   you got me thinking ! cheers! 👍

11 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

The thing is, we may see a decoupling manifest of the spot price (paper price) and physical price....meaning higher premiums across the board. We can't seriously expect the value of an ounce of silver to be £9... that's paper market manipulation and turmoil.

I totaly agree with you. It's the paper market thats messed up at the moment and causing issue with physical.

Yeah I'm having a coin shipped now too from another dealer. Amazing how quickly their coins came back in stock when the gold price recovered ;) Thankfully I managed to get in my order when the price was around £1,190...very pleased with that!

21 hours ago, Paul said:

ive just ordered from HGM this past hour - purchased 12.21 - dipsatch & special delivery tracking info received 12.47

looks like they are business as usual

IMG_0447.JPG

not getting my HGM order today :( had a phone call from them past hour, no dispatch of parcels until further notice 

items kept in vault until all clear or offered full immediate refund 

Archived