• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

3 minutes ago, Coverte said:

Gold is just moving sideways and IMO will continue to do so for the rest of 2023, likely into 2024 too.

Then,(or before) something will 'break' - and we have a pretty big choice:

• Fed = broke
  • ECB = broke
  • BOE = broke
  • Gold = ~ 80% now in BRICS hands?
  • Banks = broke

(but on average, UK gold value is 10%/year up since 2000 [nominal of course].) - so long term holders = pretty good 👍

Whatever breaks first nobody knows, but after 15+ years of funny money printing, we have the potential for bigger devastation than the 2008 crisis, much bigger.

If anyone cares to put the work looking into it, the money, if you  have a 3-5 year investment window, is in those mining shares;

some of the most insanely low valuations I've seen for many years and that includes some epic mines which also have copper - that's too has got a long way to go given current price, which currently = no new mines for 10+ years.  

I firmly believe we're on the right track financially with our stacks, just patience req'd............

C B Gold.jpg

GOLD FROM 2020.jpg

Yes agreed I bought the dip. Heavily undervalued some mining stocks now.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 hours ago, Coverte said:

If anyone cares to put the work looking into it, the money, if you  have a 3-5 year investment window, is in those mining shares;

some of the most insanely low valuations I've seen for many years and that includes some epic mines which also have copper - that's too has got a long way to go given current price, which currently = no new mines for 10+ years.  

The old definition of a mining share was "a hole in the ground and a liar in front of it"

Harsh, but I feel it's got quite some truth in it

That's not to say all mining shares are scams of course, but there's a lot of debris in there...

Everybody knows the war is over / Everybody knows the good guys lost
                               Everybody knows the boat is leaking / Everybody knows the captain lied..   Be seeing you2 sm.jpg

“The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”

10 hours ago, gji25 said:

Dont forget that when there is a conflict wherever in the world the weapons supplier is paid in $

Did the US accept $ for tanks and military supplies during WW2?

eeermm nope, they demanded to be paid in gold

Everybody knows the war is over / Everybody knows the good guys lost
                               Everybody knows the boat is leaking / Everybody knows the captain lied..   Be seeing you2 sm.jpg

“The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”

Breaking NFP was a miss Gold liked it unemployment is up and the figures werent that good COMEX trying to monkey hammer it down after hit 2004 now at 2000 image.png.dbf7b5065ac4bb90e9a1a1fba50bed48.png

Edited by HerefordBullyun

The london paper dump had happened 10 minutes before US opens at 1330

1 minute ago, HerefordBullyun said:

The london paper dump had happened 10 minutes before US opens at 1330

Fine by me, hope they keep dumping so I can get some more Sovs before the end of the year 👍

Under £1,620 at the moment...

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

They'll short te sh*t out of the paper to make it look worse than stocks and shares

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

Will we see a rise into the weekend?  Or will this crash below £1600 for a solid correction?  I think this middle east drama is coming to a point where it will either start to spread, or it will be obvious that the Americans have enough firepower on location to keep a lid on it.  My feeling is the latter, and that it will be bearish short term for gold.

But just in case it does kick off.... how many of us have our tickets for this comfy bunker?  Not many I'm guessing...

Bonus of living in a vault... no need for a separate vault to store all your gold.  :lol::lol:

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

7 minutes ago, silversky said:

Will we see a rise into the weekend?  Or will this crash below £1600 for a solid correction?  I think this middle east drama is coming to a point where it will either start to spread, or it will be obvious that the Americans have enough firepower on location to keep a lid on it.  My feeling is the latter, and that it will be bearish short term for gold.

But just in case it does kick off.... how many of us have our tickets for this comfy bunker?  Not many I'm guessing...

Bonus of living in a vault... no need for a separate vault to store all your gold.  :lol::lol:

I think the US and it's claimed munitions caches are all bluff and bluster. They've spunked loads to The Ukraine and other places, if they want to go in guns blazing, they would have only a handful of weeks and then be completely out. So they'd need to be targeted and accurate and we know that they aren't. But probably more suited to another thread.

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

13 minutes ago, BLOOMMAN101 said:

a new ATH by close tonight?   yes/no ?

9 minutes ago, gji25 said:

No Ath today

11 minutes ago, theman73 said:

No, last Friday ATH was manipulation

To da'mooooooooooooooooooooooooon !!🚀🚀🚀

(My gold predications are NEVER wrong) ;)