• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

6 minutes ago, silversky said:

Perhaps you should contact these people in Germany.

https://shop.bellmann-muenzen.de/sammlermuenzen-gold/1-oz-nautical-ounce-santa-maria-gold-2017-ruanda

They are selling one for 10K euros.  Must be able to find a price somewhere above spot if this dealer reckons it's worth that much....

Thank you 👍 no harm in sending them an e-Mail, if I manage to sell anywhere that price I’ll treat myself to buying some more bullion. 👌

Just now, iggypop said:

Thank you 👍 no harm in sending them an e-Mail, if I manage to sell anywhere that price I’ll treat myself to buying some more bullion. 👌

OFF TOPIC sorry

Try searching for ruanda nautical ounce on the gold.de website.

It is an aggregate website for german bullion dealers.  There are lots who deal in the ruanda lunar and nautical ounces.  I see that some of them have the later ones in stock, around 3000 euro, but the first in the series is hard to come by hence the 10k i guess.

Good luck.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

11 minutes ago, silversky said:

Perhaps you should contact these people in Germany.

https://shop.bellmann-muenzen.de/sammlermuenzen-gold/1-oz-nautical-ounce-santa-maria-gold-2017-ruanda

They are selling one for 10K euros.  Must be able to find a price somewhere above spot if this dealer reckons it's worth that much....

Edit: I assume you have the COA and the box and the capsule that it came in?

Unfortunately no COA or capsule just a plastic jacket,, 🤣 however was bought from respectable dealers ATS London, I can but dream of high value but honestly believe it’s a bullion coin? 
thank you again for insight and advice. 👍 all a good bunch on here x

4 minutes ago, iggypop said:

Unfortunately no COA or capsule just a plastic jacket,, 🤣 however was bought from respectable dealers ATS London, I can but dream of high value but honestly believe it’s a bullion coin? 
thank you again for insight and advice. 👍 all a good bunch on here x

Like I said, go onto gold.de and look up all of the coins in the nautical series.  There are listed dealers for each of them.  Contact all of the dealers and request sales prices.  It is a limited mintage, official state coin and you should be able to secure a reasonable percentage above spot for it.  Some quote buy back prices for the other coins.  Not having the box and COA might reduce that percentage somewhat, but it is still a rare modern coin.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

8 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

It's a fair question, but if gold was to reach £1800 for example, £400 for a sov, even a beat up old wreck of a sov,  would be the bargain of the century...    wouldn't it...?

Yep the new norm would be £450ish

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, flyingveepixie said:

Exactly.  Can anyone imagine paying £450 for a bog standard G&D sov..?   Maybe not right now, but this time next year...?    who knows....

Tbh I never imagined paying £320, thought it was scandalous...but look at me now mom.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

Tbh I never imagined paying £320, thought it was scandalous...but look at me now mom.

That was just when I came in.   Wish I'd been around back in the days when you could get them for 20 quid.

or two quid..!   Bur even I'm probably a bit too old for those long gone days....🤔

Edited by flyingveepixie

7 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

Exactly.  Can anyone imagine paying £450 for a bog standard G&D sov..?   Maybe not right now, but this time next year...?    who knows....

look at KRO On this page  paid £4 for his first sov's         yip four pounds

I'm alright, Jack, Keep your hands off of my stack

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

It just creates a 'new normal' gold didn't actually do anything. It didn't go up or down, it was a pet rock

The purchasing power in your chosen fiat currency went up/down against gold, the borrowing or liabilities/debts of your fiat nocurrency went up/down. The prospect of conflict/invasion/war occured

Again gold didn't do nothing

If you think things are not going to be getting better in the next 5-10years plus just buy more 'pet rocks' at whatever market rate is.

Is the guy who stopped stacking in the 70s cos sovereigns went from £4 to £4.10 thinking ? I should have maybe kept stacking?? Some x100 the price later

How dare you Sir! You have mortally offended the feelings of my herd of pet rocks! If they want to identify as dynamic actors on the world economic markets it is their absolute right to do so. I will have you know they are currently transitioning from metallic elementals to mercurial agents of fiscal change - and have the full legal backing of Rockwall to do so. Now I will have to take them to Merstones for counselling! You monster!  

9 minutes ago, Dalriada83 said:

How dare you Sir! You have mortally offended the feelings of my herd of pet rocks! If they want to identify as dynamic actors on the world economic markets it is their absolute right to do so. I will have you know they are currently transitioning from metallic elementals to mercurial agents of fiscal change - and have the full legal backing of Rockwall to do so. Now I will have to take them to Merstones for counselling! You monster!  

I wish my 4000+oz of silver 'pet rocks'  I sold off identified as gold

{ sigh } :(

boo hoo

{ sigh } :( :( :(

Edited by Paul

14 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

That was just when I came in.   Wish I'd been around back in the days when you could get them for 20 quid.

or two quid..!   Bur even I'm probably a bit too old for those long gone days....🤔

Maybe if you were back then, sovereigns at £2, 4, 10, 20 etc. would have been a big proportion of your wages, just like they are now. Also, down the pub you wouldn’t have been thinking of a coin that most people had already virtually forgotten about😮

Some have a preference for Sovereigns?,

the guy who offered me lousy price for my 1oz bullion coin paid on the button spot for a sovereign I sold on behalf of my daughter. 
maybe he had an onward buyer? So an easy transaction for him? 

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

boo hoo

{ sigh } :( :(

Never fear! Anything is possible in this modern world. Just claim that aforesaid rocks were trafficked into your location on the false pretence of being set up as Full Sovereigns with the promise of wedlock to 9999 gold proofs only to find upon arrival that they were destined to a life of silver slavery - playthings for those of the argent avarice! You'll have lefty lawyers beating your door down with pro-bono offers and as soon as the case hits the courts you can make out like a bandit on the talk shows.

I don't get the argument that WHEN gold & silver increases in price no-one will buy it. Also that only small coins will sell not large ones. It's just cobblers. It's already way more expensive than it was say five years ago but people still buy it.

If we accept it roughly follows inflation, and that wages & prices roughly follow inflation, then when a 1oz coin becomes 'worth' £2,000 it will seem (again) roughly the same as it did at £1500. Likewise a £480 Sovereign will appear a similar pro-rata value as it does now.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

22 minutes ago, Paul said:

boo hoo

{ sigh } :( :( :(

Did you sell those as singles mainly on the bay right enough Paul? 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly