• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

5 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

I save most of my disposable income in gold, and I just got a good price on a new roof... seems like a reasonable time to sell

I'm getting a large extension with mine.........and for the house not the willy before anyone says 

21 hours ago, Sovhead said:

Is the ATH always calculated end of trading per day then?

Most important are daily/weekly/monthly/yearly open and closes, with greater importance the longer the timescale. We've been going nuts the last 2 Fridays as the close on Friday is the most important number of the week. Intraday is basically just noise and yea, generally speaking it's best practice to use daily/weekly/monthly/yearly closing price for ATH rather than intraday

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

Has anyone seen @Paul???

He was last seen heading off to meet Wonga at the pub in what appeared to be an early Halloween costume.

Dance Ssg GIF - Dance Ssg Spacestation Gaming GIFs

The inferior man argues about his rights, while the superior man imposes duties upon himself.

He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Every act of beauty is a revolt against the modern world.

1 minute ago, katyc said:

SVR at 9.6% (not a typo

Jeez that’s a hefty rate… I am very interested on how the interest rates play out over next couple year..

Whats opinions staying high or possible decline? 3year outlook..🧐

6 minutes ago, katyc said:

Totally. I have a mortgage renewal coming. Either I renew at a terrible rate with huge fees.... Or I take the huge slap of the SVR at 9.6% (not a typo).

So, I'm going SVR and can pay off chunks without penalty with cash or create extra liquidity from other investments (such as gold). Thankfully a small mortgage I could halve over a few months.

It's all about balance and timing for what works best/when depending on our personal situation. Although I really wish I had a crystal ball so I can see and time the future of gold. I imagine a huge way to go next year (up) for reasons that none of us would wish for. But all we can do is hope for the best and be grateful we all are invested wisely.

I swear by my magic 8 Ball.    I used this for the last 2 years in my phone conferences when ever  I got asked a dip-ship question.   

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 17.44.57.png

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

3 minutes ago, AOB said:

Jeez that’s a hefty rate… I am very interested on how the interest rates play out over next couple year..

Whats opinions staying high or possible decline? 3year outlook..🧐

It's a Limited company mortgage (Paragon). I do think they'll have no choice but to crash the rates eventually (when employment crashes - but, as we all know, they're manipulating the data for as long as they can 🙄)

Just now, katyc said:

It's a Limited company mortgage (Paragon). I do think they'll have no choice but to crash the rates eventually (when employment crashes - but, as we all know, they're manipulating the data for as long as they can 🙄)

Ah I see, forgot you were in the property game - still kinda steep. 
Yes, I am hoping it drops when I have to renew 🤞🏽

1 minute ago, AOB said:

Ah I see, forgot you were in the property game - still kinda steep. 
Yes, I am hoping it drops when I have to renew 🤞🏽

Long term forecast form the IMF still  4.5-5% by 2028.   Hope for the best but plan for the worst. 

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Long term forecast form the IMF still  4.5-5% by 2028.   Hope for the best but plan for the worst. 

Yes, that’s interesting I appreciate that outlook Dave - I have been planning for between 7-9% around 2026 (and hope that it goes much lower haha).

1 minute ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Same - got a mortgage i want to pay off - i see a 100 sov sell off coming

Yes that would be class, I don’t have 100 Sovs & my mortgage is many more than that 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Only have my house 2years currently, I was hoping to get it paid off around the 8-10th year 

Just now, AOB said:

Yes that would be class, I don’t have 100 Sovs & my mortgage is many more than that 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Only have my house 2years currently, I was hoping to get it paid off around the 8-10th year 

My 10th year 5th Nov. Would love to keep the gold and hope for the best but if you can sell at the highest point in history then it’s likely to be lower again one day..even if i buy it all back for £1 less than i sold for ill feel like I’ve made the right decision. I doubt (and hope) a new ATH is not the new bottom going forward.

Just now, AuricGoldfinger said:

My 10th year 5th Nov. Would love to keep the gold and hope for the best but if you can sell at the highest point in history then it’s likely to be lower again one day..even if i buy it all back for £1 less than i sold for ill feel like I’ve made the right decision. I doubt (and hope) a new ATH is not the new bottom going forward.

Yes, I think you best selling and pay off the mortgage. Then you could stock pile cash while you await for big drop on gold then buy back in as you say.

I don’t believe the ATH will be the new bottom for quite a while or major economic collapse of some sorts..

4 minutes ago, AOB said:

Yes, I think you best selling and pay off the mortgage. Then you could stock pile cash while you await for big drop on gold then buy back in as you say.

I don’t believe the ATH will be the new bottom for quite a while or major economic collapse of some sorts..

The human mind is a strange thing.

It feels a lot better selling on the way down (for less) than the way up (for more than ever before)