• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

6 minutes ago, SidS said:

Welcome to page 666. 😁

Wouldn't it be weird if Wonger returned on this page today ??   

He, the number 666 is often associated with negative connotations, primarily due to its appearance in the Christian Bible's Book of Revelation, specifically in Chapter 13, verse 18. In the Book of Revelation, 666 is referred to as "The Number of the Beast." 

8 hours ago, Upsidedown said:

Seeing as this is my first US election year as a stacker, will the election effect prices?

Wondering who investors would prefer?

Or doesn't it matter?

image.png.b8239dd9607d677ce75376ed7f922351.png

They are being fed b*** sh** about their economy same we are,   Not everyone cuppa but quick vid from Johnny Bravo

Edited by BLOOMMAN101

I'm alright, Jack, Keep your hands off of my stack

6 hours ago, ArgentSmith said:

The PBOC it's been brewing for years. This is why dealers will buy your gold when retail don't want it. If you sell your collection of gold proofs to a dealer at 98% spot it will likely be refined and shipped.

This costs money which explains the premiums in shanghai. Gold is going East.

On 08/03/2024 at 18:16, Coverte said:

No, the reason why the Shanghai has seen higher pricing of late is it's primarily proper physical changing hands, allegedly that's where much of the Eastern countries etc Gold comes from, as the others are mainly just shuffling paper, not physical.

Exactly what I was trying to explain on Friday, the Shanghai, in the long term, will be the measure gold is priced in.

Although, before we get too carried away:

All these people saying "this is it," or that gold has decisive momentum, or that this rally is unstoppable are... expressing wishes, dreams, hopes, and hype, not facts.

Technical analysis is informed by the past. So, if the market just changed, previous trends and probabilities go out the window. Central bankers don't care about Fibonacci series, RSI, golden crosses, cup-and-handle patterns—or even price. They buy because their political masters order them to. And they stop when they accomplish what they've been ordered to do, or when their orders change. I can't see any line on any chart predicting that.

Some guy on X/Twitter telling us what we want to hear ("Gold's going to da moon!") is not a rational basis for investment or speculation.
Some well-respected guru telling us what we want to hear ("Gold is likely to go much higher.") is not proof or foreknowledge of what will be.
We don't know what the big Gov't buyers orders are, nor when they will be fulfilled.

I'm still long term optimistic, very, but not enough to fill my boots quite yet, especially with a few below spot deals still happening as @Spyder alluded to in his sale post. 

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

The DXY has been recently losing value and the US economy is deficit spending 1trillion every 100 days, or 3.65 trillion USD a year, so surely it makes gold cheaper for investors outside the US?

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

3 minutes ago, dicker said:

Ok gents - what is going to happen at the Asia open and Europe open tomorrow?

Loads of shouting, and waving bits of paper in the air. Just my opinion.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

11 minutes ago, Earthmetal said:

Loads of shouting, and waving bits of paper in the air. Just my opinion.

Open outcry trading doesn’t really happen any more…

Not my circus, not my monkeys

46 minutes ago, dicker said:

Dip followed by settling about £1575

Edited by Orpster

5 hours ago, dicker said:

I can't see it astronimically going high from opening but what a sight it would be! My guess is it will become stable for a short time until monday afternoon and it will go down to around £1615. It could possibly trickle down below 1600 but I wouldn't bet on it.

1 minute ago, jultorsk said:

Elon Musk just tweeted this.. :ph34r:

GIWE_gVWUAAgWgT.jpeg

How will all the gold in the world make it less valuable, its a finate resource that they even admit can't be manufactured.

Join me next week when I discuss mining gold asteroids with guest speakers @Charliemouse and @HonestMoneyGoldSilver

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32