• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

4 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

hug-virtual-hug.gif

You've done enough damage. I'm glad it's only a virtual one!

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

4 minutes ago, 9x883 said:

wow £1694!!!!!!

SWEEEET!!

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

29 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

This was more exciting when i had more gold 😂 

Have you done the deed to pay off the mortgage then?

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

Gold Price per Ounce

Current Price

£1,693.00

Week Change

5.29% £+85.01

Week high £1,697.06

Week low £1,603.87

not to shabby.

Wonga was apparently wrong in his $400oz prediction 

a little heads up to sellers would've been nice🙄

I notice with the price where it is Atkinsons seem to have pegged their buy price on a sovereign to be the same for any type.  

Previously, as recently as last week, they paid a premium on special reverse and young heads but today everything is £392.40 (which does not seem to change as spot varies).

They are usually my dealer of choice to cash out below average sovereigns (yes I know that some places can offer more but I have been dealing with Atkinsons for a long time and they are down the road)

The premium they charge has not changed of course :(

image.png.494ed0cea8d6adae5dff237496ae0150.png image.png.62f4170832e641b1e6eba9b6f8e44c12.png

1 minute ago, Orpster said:

I notice with the price where it is Atkinsons seem to have pegged their buy price on a sovereign to be the same for any type.  

Previously, as recently as last week, they paid a premium on special reverse and young heads but today everything is £392.40 (which does not seem to change as spot varies).

They are usually my dealer of choice to cash out below average sovereigns (yes I know that some places can offer more but I have been dealing with Atkinsons for a long time and they are down the road)

image.png.494ed0cea8d6adae5dff237496ae0150.png image.png.62f4170832e641b1e6eba9b6f8e44c12.png

Dealers are flooded with stock at the moment, and won't mind if they have a few less Sovs to add to the growing pile.

Just now, 9x883 said:

Hatton metals any better for buy back?

Will have a poke around this morning see what I can find, might see if I can find that chart BYB did I am sure I remember him doing a comparison recently

5 minutes ago, Orpster said:

Got a good deal at @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer yesterday😁 and Lawrence didn’t even charge me for the coffee! 

7 minutes ago, MBTPSilver said:

Dealers are flooded with stock at the moment, and won't mind if they have a few less Sovs to add to the growing pile.

I've also heard this from dealers around the world. It seems like a lot of people used the $2000/oz level as a cashout point, which if fair enough. Maybe we need to wait a wee while for the next cycle to start

I'm hoping it helps create one more decent buying opportunity before they cut rates. If spot and premiums spike at the same time that could get expensive

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Gold Price per Ounce

Current Price

£1,693.00

Week Change

5.29% £+85.01

Week high £1,697.06

Week low £1,603.87

not to shabby.

Wonga was apparently wrong in his $400oz prediction 

Wonger - gone but not forgotten.  

If he really was a trader and believed in his own rhetoric then he would have been financially burned to a cinder.  

Whatever he stated about COT futures prices it just didn’t stack up against the macro background of QE and inflating…and here we are at GBP1692.

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Well bless my barnacles. What's occurring ere?

What shenanigans have you lot been up to affecting the gold price. 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

19 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Well bless my barnacles. What's occurring ere?

What shenanigans have you lot been up to affecting the gold price. 

I think @James32 just got paid.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.