• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread $ (USD) only

Message added by ChrisSilver,

The Gold Monitoring topic (USD) only is for discussion about the gold price in USD. For the GBP Gold Monitoring topic please see here

Please do use the other sections of the forum for other discussions or if you think that your post is likely to that this topic off track it is likely better suited to it's own topic in another section of the forum.

There is also a general hangout topic.

1 hour ago, vand said:

The gold price action since 2016 has been the early adopters, but IMO we are now moving into the main phase of the bull market where institutional investors get on board. This will last another few years during which the price should at least double.

There have been a number of banks putting out buy gold news, with high targets.  

Bullion Banks stuck with large short positions, regardless of what Wonger says😀

they need to keep trying to get spot below $1740

before time runs out

Because it's struggling so much with $1810 this is my guess

$1810 down to $1750-60 for a short period before stabilising back on $1775, then bouncing a little between $1785-$1796 then up to $1840 by mid August

Or maybe it will just bounce between 796-1810 for a little while longer and actually break out 

predict.thumb.png.c9d21db9dea43eba4822d0567aec4617.png 

Edited by Kman

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

• Founder & Administrator

Recent off topic posts hidden and to avoid this topic becoming a covid discussion topic. Please keep any covid related posts exclusively to the non PM section of the forum in the related topics there.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

11 minutes ago, Kman said:

Superrrr strong move up to $1840

1840.thumb.png.d6324afc43ea5201a59f8b4d35294688.png

Yes - just seen that.....I thought the EU stimulus would have had a bigger impact earlier in the day - but I guess the market priced it in...

Not my circus, not my monkeys

the dollar is weakening against all major currencies, bullish for gold
so as one safe haven weakens
the  immediate alternatives are Gold and CHF

Edited by KRO

Gold made a $20 move up in 15 minutes at 2am, lightening fast

$1860 now

Maybe the dollar will rally and gold will come down a bit but who knows

It's moving so fast I haven't been able to put in a leveraged buy, I need a pullback first, it's running away from me 🚀

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Just now, Kman said:

Gold made a $20 move up in 15 minutes at 2am, lightening fast

$1860 now

Maybe the dollar will rally and gold will come down a bit but who knows

It's moving so fast I haven't been able to put in a leveraged buy, I need a pullback first, it's running away from me 🚀

Unfortunately I think a pullback is going to take some time - the rally is just starting for gold and silver

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

11 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Unfortunately I think a pullback is going to take some time - the rally is just starting for gold and silver

They're moving almost unnervingly fast atm

I don't know if it's the US dollar or EU recovery fund or what's going on any idea?

I've heard people say check the bond market or swiss franc or japense yen for ideas on fear/volatility 

Stocks seem ok though so it doesn't seem to be fear

Edited by Kman

Just now, Kman said:

They're moving almost unnervingly fast atm

I don't know if it's the US dollar or EU recovery fund or what's going on any idea?

I've heard people say check the bond market or swiss franc or japense yen for ideas on fear/volatility 

The asian market went crazy today on PMs - humans follow suit - watch today infact this week! Espically silver!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

excellent article@dicker

interesting comment from todays CaxtonFX bulletin

Another haven, gold, also rallied yesterday, with futures prices for the precious metal hitting their highest levels since 2011 up by more than 1.5% on the day. Silver also surged, gaining 7% and hitting a 6-year high. I would jest that maybe the Fed are now considering buying precious metals – as that’s the only reason things rally these days – but with the nomination of Judy Shelton having been advanced yesterday, that may worryingly become closer to a reality.

One story filling the headlines is the chinese consulate closing as they grt k8cked out ofamerica, added to the hacking for covid vaccine, russia is also at it but trump would never punish russia...so asia might be buying up gold before sanctions or offloading some american debt which would have the same effect...weaken the dollar and raise pms.

I'm expecting a pull back soon, it seems too fast, too overextended 

Maybe up to $1900 then a bounce before down to $1820

It's weird, I've not been looking at indicators long but usually the price sings with them but they say to me gold should have topped out at $1840 yet here we are at $1877 

I guess might depend if the dollar can really

Edited by Kman

Not a conspiracy theory, but I suspect there is a fair chance that China will punish the US in terms of the dollar, on that basis I think it is going to go lower.  Good in the short term for US Competitiveness....

Best

Dicker

1 minute ago, dicker said:

Not a conspiracy theory, but I suspect there is a fair chance that China will punish the US in terms of the dollar, on that basis I think it is going to go lower.  Good in the short term for US Competitiveness....

Best

Dicker

I don't know anything about currencies really, do you think it will reverse back as quickly as it's going down at some point? 

I am not an expert either, but think this is what is happening, along with QE and a less than rosy US growth picture.

Can it snap back quickly - yes.  Will it - I really don't know.  I just think the US is not in great shape at the moment and looking at the big picture I think weaker dollar.

I have only ever had success in predicting when stepping back and looking at the very big picture (which means long term investments).  Tomorrow and next week are way too hard to predict!

Take care 

Dicker