• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Snowman 50p Proof 2018

danmc82

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just been to the Post Office and bought 3 of the black box editions. COA of 2 / 4 / 8 - I've never seen such low numbers before.

Was planning to keep no. 2 but was wondering if 4 and 8 would sell well on eBay?

Thanks,

Chris

4 hours ago, MrC said:

I've just been to the Post Office and bought 3 of the black box editions. COA of 2 / 4 / 8 - I've never seen such low numbers before.

Was planning to keep no. 2 but was wondering if 4 and 8 would sell well on eBay?

Thanks,

Chris

Yeah low COA's always seem to sell better, so worth a punt for sure.

7 hours ago, MrC said:

Thanks,

Chris

The post offices selling the black box ones now? I got my 2 original white box ones from the post office.

I am still waiting to receive 2 black & whites boxes that I ordered on the 9th of November.

I called them up on Friday  and the chap on the phone said : don't worry mate if you don't get them before Christmas, you will definitely get them after the new year 🤔

1 minute ago, Nick1368 said:

I am still waiting to receive 2 black & whites boxes that I ordered on the 9th of November.

I called them up on Friday  and the chap on the phone said : don't worry mate if you don't get them before Christmas, you will definitely get them after the new year 🤔

So anytime between then and the end of time .i Actually cancelled by black box ones becuase the wait would be so long and they wasn't as nice as the white box .but I want a post office version to see what they are like 

I have three of the 'full fat' version I haven't bothered to ebay because of a family crisis.

More than happy to hold these long-term as I think they are going to do well, but if anyone is interested in one (maybe two at a push - I only have three) PM me, cheers :)

I emailed them regarding the proof I bought on the phone and haven't received yet. This was the response:

I am sorry that you haven’t received your order for the Snowman 50p in Limited Edition Presentation Box as yet.  Regrettably there was a delay with the stock arriving and we shall start despatching orders at the end of this week.

3 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

I emailed them regarding the proof I bought on the phone and haven't received yet. This was the response:

I rang the Mint today myself to enquire at which Christmas would my two outstanding  ‘black box’ edition or whatever they were meant to be, would be despatched.  

A very helpful chap told me that mine wouldn’t be picked and despatched until at least the 21st December maybe later in December or the New Year. 

I cancelled down my order.

I have one left of the three I had already received, the other two I sold on eBay early on, and those two more than covered the cost of the three with cash left over.    

Project Snowman successfully completed.  

1 hour ago, richatthecroft said:

black box’ edition or whatever they were meant

Ive seen the black box today at the royal mail post office in leeds. They have a glass cabinet for royal mint coins.  Its just a small black box (looks like leather) like the white one for the special soveriegn but black. The colorized silver snowman coin is in a capsule. 

7132639E-F604-4706-A37F-262B5E177B16.jpeg

Just received this today...

"Thank you for your order for the 40th Anniversary of The Snowman™ coin packaged in our limited edition white box. We are working really hard to ship these products to you in time for Christmas. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

As a gesture of goodwill we will arrange to send you one of our Paddington Bear coins finished to Brilliant Uncirculated standard, displayed in a high quality folder with story snippets of Paddington’s (mis)adventure. "

No ETA but better than a poke in the eye. Now will the gesture turn up before the snowman..

1 minute ago, mustynewb said:

Just received this today...

"Thank you for your order for the 40th Anniversary of The Snowman™ coin packaged in our limited edition white box. We are working really hard to ship these products to you in time for Christmas. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

As a gesture of goodwill we will arrange to send you one of our Paddington Bear coins finished to Brilliant Uncirculated standard, displayed in a high quality folder with story snippets of Paddington’s (mis)adventure. "

No ETA but better than a poke in the eye. Now will the gesture turn up before the snowman..

Just received that also 

Also got an email from one of the other sellers I bought one from with the personalised boxes saying they weren't going to be able to get them all personalised by xmas. So offered me £30 off if I took it without the box. 

So like several here I rang up the Royal Mint to order a couple of the black box versions of these coins when that option became available. I was told clearly black box - no COA. I've just noticed the following in the email we were all sent regarding the delay:

Thank you for your order for the 40th Anniversary of The Snowman™ coin packaged in our limited edition white box.

Another twist in the tale? Perhaps the delay is down to repacking or they simply didn't know what they were selling in the first place?

Archived