• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Snowman 50p Proof 2018

danmc82

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Managed to pick up 2 of the original white box ones today from the post office, I had reserved what I was told was the last one but as I got there to collect it the lady was just about to put the very last one on sale (a cancelled order)

think I will just put them away for now and see how things go.

This is what happened when I purchased Peter Rabbit coins in 2016 , the prices levelled off, approx. a month later I was told by a friend that the price of my Peter Rabbit 50p coins had gone up to £350 per Coin. You never Know in this game, I sold a full set of 2016 Potter Silver Proofs for £700 in 2017, Then the Peter Rabbit coin went up to £700 on it,s own not long after I sold all of mine.

Will be interesting to see what happens, Christmas 2019 could be interesting?

58 minutes ago, fiveshotdon said:

I think the problem is that all of the sales will get funnelled into the Christmas period creating plenty of supply that will likely outstrip demand

Yep Coins will be sent all round the world,people will hold onto them.Some will be lost all adding to the price as time goes on.

Oh well, I’ll be holding on to my 2 for now anyway, I’m in no rush.

whst does everyone think of the Paddington proofs? Seem to be taking there time to sell, I know the mintage is a lot higher but then I thought maybe so would the interest be.

will The Paddingtons do well in the future? Is the snowman so sought after because of the time of year more than anything? 

2 hours ago, Stacknsave said:

Oh well, I’ll be holding on to my 2 for now anyway, I’m in no rush.

whst does everyone think of the Paddington proofs? Seem to be taking there time to sell, I know the mintage is a lot higher but then I thought maybe so would the interest be.

will The Paddingtons do well in the future? Is the snowman so sought after because of the time of year more than anything? 

They made to many of them,Nothing wrong with them :) But more a coin to keep to add to your collection.

1 hour ago, GrahamDiamond said:

How are the Royal Mint doing at sending out the extra Black Box Limited Edition Presentation Snowmen, any one got one??

Mine is at the post office awaiting collection... I think, otherwise I'm worried in what else I've purchased and forgotten about...

3 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

Who are you persuing this with RM or RM?

Royal mail,clearly been opened with a knife then tapped up and a hole pouched in it to make it look like an accident :)

I never got these ones from the royal mint :) these were extra ones i bought on the side 😂

4 minutes ago, blackadder said:

Royal mail,clearly been opened with a knife then tapped up and a hole pouched in it to make it look like an accident :)

I never got these ones from the royal mint :) these were extra ones i bought on the side 😂

I hope your claim is of potential value and not rrp 😁

Archived