• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Snowman 50p Proof 2018

danmc82

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, zeusss4 said:

I have 6 snowmen. 

5 of them are exactly the same as the image on the right. The left one seems to be the odd one out.

Would this be classed as an error variant?

Thanks 

Hard to tell, but looks like a weaker paint job. 

I think grading companies are opening a Pandoras box defining mules on differential "paint" jobs. But that's just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

This one ? Got 4 in total but only one on hand to photograph atm. Maybe my eyes, but the smaller of the two piers seems to be faded as well.

I would say this is very close to the one that was posted. I guess the colour mix was off and instead of it being green it was "low on ink" as such and the colours are not as strong. I agree your second pier also is faded and that would suggest the same thing, the machine whatever does the printing was low on ink so maybe the last ones out of that batch have weak colours.

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

This one ? Got 4 in total but only one on hand to photograph atm. Maybe my eyes, but the smaller of the two piers seems to be faded as well.

2B4C4244-D41B-48AE-8E83-526B405D62DF.jpeg

Aye that looks like one. The hills/fields don't have the green on either

20 hours ago, h103efa said:

Hard to tell, but looks like a weaker paint job. 

I think grading companies are opening a Pandoras box defining mules on differential "paint" jobs. But that's just my opinion. 

Agreed, it's getting ridiculous

18 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Decided to look at and compare my three. Seems one green hat two not - does that make the correct one more rare? :P

Sorry for dreadful lighting for the picture

IMG_7340 (2).jpg

Looks like u have 2 of them nice one

9 hours ago, Oldun said:

2B4C4244-D41B-48AE-8E83-526B405D62DF.jpeg

I would check the other's that one is one i would say

9 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Yep, looks like a 3 month round trip to pcgs is due for this one at least.....or just wait to see how many of these things are out there first ?

They called me today with an offer for Jan grading at €10, i'll take my snowman to NGC in FEB, should get it back before a TSF group submission. Lets be honest, you're gonna have to be insane to buy the eBay coin at £2500 and dumb as hell to even list it at that for a bit of washed out colour.

Dealers will be waiting for the youtube hype to begin so they can try and milk it, i know 1 person has contacted shadowstack to ask if he's doing a vid

4 hours ago, Goldmick said:

I wonder how many of these the is 

Usually when the RM do errors, they are not rare. Anyone who has any should cash in quickly before this becomes apparent.

Assuming anyone on here would want to do such a thing!😁

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Trying to update our Snowman page with the latest information and wonder does anyone have a picture of the inside of the Post Office version COA? Does it confirm a LEP of 1,000 coins for the Post Office Edition? (the COA has the Post Office logo on the front). Many thanks

On 05/11/2018 at 10:22, fiveshotdon said:

Limited Edition 15,000

Maximum Coin Mintage 20000

which one is it?

This has confused me before on the Royal Mint website.

• Limited Edition Presentation (LEP) is the maximum number of coins, presented in this specific style, that will be issued.
  • Maximum Coin Mintage (MCM) is the maximum number of coins that will be issued, in any presentation style.

They are minting 20,000 coins, 15,000 in the standard silver proof limited edition, 2,000 in the white box edition (see Numis new video on YouTube to see one) and 1,000 of the Post Office Edition. For the other 2,000 we are assuming went to the Personalised Gift Boxes, does anyone know for sure?

Archived