• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

22 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

2013 BU Sovereign - Struck on the Day - 60th Anniversary of the Coronation

Picked this up to add to my SotD collection.  It has some pebble dash unfortunately, but was a good price and you don't see too many around.

20240525-145030-2024-05-2516-10-24(BR4S4)-Edit.thumb.png.76f4e64ab662657187d8904cbfe7be77.png

20240525-145455-2024-05-2516-16-09(BR4S4).thumb.png.99b98ac65d09940d1dcb196a75a6a4be.png

@Charliemouse - is there a symbol on the coin to show it’s struck on the day - IRB? 🌞

A coin is not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

Amor Vincit Omnia.

11 minutes ago, James32 said:

IRB is the artist 'Ian Rank Broadly 

Do you know how to tell without a certificate?

Amor Vincit Omnia.

2 minutes ago, Aldebaran said:

They will ( modern ones) have a more matt finish. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 hour ago, Aldebaran said:

I think the only SOTD Sovereign that you would need to buy with a COA is the 2012, these were pretty much the same as the bullion strike only struck on the 2nd of June 2012. 

2 hours ago, Aldebaran said:

1 hour ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Hard to see from these pics (especially the obverse), but they have a 'softer' finish. It's pretty noticeable when side by side with plain bullion.

It's an interesting question I was wondering about.

The difference should be fairly obvious between proof, BU and bullion.

But 2013 especially, there were two BU SotDs released; this one and Birth of Prince George.  They have different mintages, but I have no idea how you would tell them apart without the box & COA.

Later SotDs, they started to do plain edges, privy marks, and matt finish to really differentiate.  Various combinations at different times.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

5 minutes ago, SilverToday said:

Well, I had my display name changed from SilverGlutton (which was just plain ugly) to 

SilverToday which I find more suitable for all of us lol. Anyhow, a few days back I bought

a 2024 proof-like 1/10oz Gold Niue Phoenix Coin that I showcased here at TSF and I really liked the 

design but ohhh so hard to see well enough so I decided to buy the 1oz Gold version which I received yesterday.

Of coarse everyone's coins in their stack/collection look much better in hand and so does this 1oz Gold Niue lol.

I can't say enough of just how attractive this proof-like 2024 1oz Gold Niue Phoenix Coin with frosted relief really is in hand.

Truly remarkable imo. And the fact it's production was limited to only 10k pieces makes it even sweeter. The Gold color is

much more pronounced in hand. 

20240509_124928.jpg

20240509_125349.jpg

Beautiful design 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, James32 said:

Beautiful design 

yes indeed. I can't stress enough how much better

it looks in person. If you don't mind me asking, do 

you approve my display name change lol? 

Better?

Edited by SilverToday

Gold Is The Money Of Kings, Silver Is The Money Of Gentlemen.

27 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

What will you be called tomorrow? Silver yesterday?😁

lol, not in any particular order and any of those below,

SilverToday as in 

1. What is silver doing today?

2. What silver do you have coming today?

3. How is silver viewed today?

4. What silver are you trading today?

5. What silver are you selling today?

6. What silver are you buying today?

7. What silver do you have your eye on today?

8. What newly discovered silver has been added

to your must have list today?

and so on and so on...  ☺️

Silver Today

1 hour ago, SilverToday said:

Well, I had my display name changed from SilverGlutton (which was just plain ugly) to 

SilverToday which I find more suitable for all of us lol. Anyhow, a few days back I bought

a 2024 proof-like 1/10oz Gold Niue Phoenix Coin that I showcased here at TSF and I really liked the 

design but ohhh so hard to see well enough so I decided to buy the 1oz Gold version which I received yesterday.

Of coarse everyone's coins in their stack/collection look much better in hand and so does this 1oz Gold Niue lol.

I can't say enough of just how attractive this proof-like 2024 1oz Gold Niue Phoenix Coin with frosted relief really is.

Truly remarkable imo. And the fact it's production was limited to only 10k pieces makes it even sweeter.

Compared to the pix below the Gold color is much more pronounced in hand. 

20240509_124928.jpg

20240509_125349.jpg

A stunning design both the Phoenix and the background.

Your name? Much better and I didn’t even realise that we could change them!! 🌞

Amor Vincit Omnia.

1 minute ago, Aldebaran said:

It's why you never see ChrisSilver and James32 in the same room...

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

4 minutes ago, Aldebaran said:

yes, you said it best on the design, it truly is that. On the name change, as ugly as my previous name was 

can you really blame @ChrisSilver for doing away with it? 😁 

I believe it was done as being a rare exception.

8 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

but the King Charles portrait put me off

Was the ear not large enough? 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

3 minutes ago, Dankanugget said:

Looked klaxon large to moi.

3 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

If he had yoda ears I would buy!

In a 1oz coin his ear has got to weigh at least a 10th of an oz... :D 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

I was very close in purchasing that stunning 1oz gold phoenix coin but the King Charles portrait put me off and sadly non CGT. Why can't the RM make beautiful designs like this?

Hence, the very reason I never look at the back lol. Seriously. 😁

The obverse being so nice, I can easily overlook it. Still, just enjoying

the obverse only is well worth the purchase.  

Edited by SilverToday