• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

I really like that Rhino. The price was of those seemed quite expensive though.

Yeah the rhino was a little expensive, it ended up costing me about £60 with postage, I've noticed He's sold all 4 that He had up for sale so all going well with a mintage of 2000 they should hold some sort of premium in the future, but I guess only time will tell. Most of the PM's I buy are for stacking and to store value, but some including this coin are to put out on show and not hide away, it's a beautiful coin and definitely a purchase I'm pleased with  :D

• Founder & Administrator

Yeah the rhino was a little expensive, it ended up costing me about £60 with postage, I've noticed He's sold all 4 that He had up for sale so all going well with a mintage of 2000 they should hold some sort of premium in the future, but I guess only time will tell. Most of the PM's I buy are for stacking and to store value, but some including this coin are to put out on show and not hide away, it's a beautiful coin and definitely a purchase I'm pleased with  :D

post-1-0-68249100-1402947431.jpg

The box the Rhino comes in looks pretty cool. Going to be an expensive series that one, and not so easy to source so I gave it a miss. 

I only have 1 standard proof coin (wedge tailed eagle) and for the moment I think I will just stay with that. I have a lot of 1oz High Relief proofs, which I am going to continue to collect. The High Reliefs are very nice, and I don't might paying a premium for those. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I managed to get mine for around £53 but only because I bought a few.  I'm too hoping it'll hold a premium in the future.  It is a very nice coin and I've already purchased a couple of proofs based on this.  I've never bothered with proofs before but if I see something unique in proof form which I like, I'm going to purchase it.  I have however set myself a limit of £60/oz which I think is fair at the high end of the spectrum.  £50 plus say 20% VAT is how I justify it.

Anyway...some of you will have noticed I buy a fair bit of stuff based on their novelty value.  Today I also received a 1/10g Aurum gold wafer.  It doesn't actually hold any value in my eyes.  There is no way anyone is going to extract 1/10g from it and even if there were 100s, would it even be worth it?  It cost me about £7.50.

post-94-0-03184600-1402950914_thumb.jpg

More zone, what is that silver gold bull thing? Paper made from gold?

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

http://www.valaurum.com/aboutaurum.html

Here you go Chris. Just a plastic sheet with gold embedded.

So just a sandwhich layer of gold inbetween outer polyester sides. The gold is completely hidden from view?

I don't understand the need or purpose for this product, I guess they are sold mainly for novelty purposes.

Discounts / Offers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKYxlmwrKQw

The gold colour is gold.  Just very, very thin layer which is sandwiched for protection.

These don't actually serve any purpose.  The premium is HUGE and in a bartering situation, I would pay with silver rather than super fractional gold which would have cost me a fortune in the previous economic climate.

The gold colour is gold. Just very, very thin layer which is sandwiched for protection.

These don't actually serve any purpose. The premium is HUGE and in a bartering situation, I would pay with silver rather than super fractional gold which would have cost me a fortune in the previous economic climate.

Thanks for the video link, makes it's a lot clearer. I was confused because of your image. But now I am thinking that the image is of the outer packaging of your note? As in the video it seemed like most of the notes printed had designs that didn't cover the whole note so that gold could be seen. In your picture there looks to be no gold visable.

Discounts / Offers

Thanks for the video link, makes it's a lot clearer. I was confused because of your image. But now I am thinking that the image is of the outer packaging of your note? As in the video it seemed like most of the notes printed had designs that didn't cover the whole note so that gold could be seen. In your picture there looks to be no gold visable.

The pic is of the note itself.  This note has a single colour (black) design.  Everywhere else (unprinted) would have been clear until the gold was ionized onto the polymer sheet.  You can see it's gold on the reverse but the tone changes where is has been layered over the artwork.

post-94-0-19673500-1403035915_thumb.jpg

post-94-0-89426500-1403035924_thumb.jpg

post-94-0-44506900-1403035931_thumb.jpg

The pic is of the note itself. This note has a single colour (black) design. Everywhere else (unprinted) would have been clear until the gold was ionized onto the polymer sheet. You can see it's gold on the reverse but the tone changes where is has been layered over the artwork.

Much better photos :) thanks for sharing. Would be cool if in the future they are actually used as bank notes.

Discounts / Offers

Bin the koala, ugly as sin.

*runs for the bunker* . . . .

I thought the koala was ugly. But in real life it's actually nice, must be the dazzle of the silver distracting me.

I think the 2014 koala will be a winner, the ugly design will mean less sales but still people in the future will want to buy the 2014 to complete their koala sets.

Discounts / Offers

On the fence? How so?

They just don't have the coin feel. I think it's because they're too big. Maybe a 5oz would have more of a coin feel.