• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Goldbacks

1 minute ago, JamesH said:

Starting a chat topic to advertise a sale thread. You’re keen, I’ll give you that 

More awareness that goldback demand is high in the UK 

www.nextdaybullion.co.uk

So what is the point of these? I presume at over 5K / oz they are just a collectible card like a Pokémon thing where you collect the set or am I missing something?

24 minutes ago, Skyfiller said:

So what is the point of these? I presume at over 5K / oz they are just a collectible card like a Pokémon thing where you collect the set or am I missing something?

I got some just for the novelty factor, never had any before so nice to keep in my collection with the few other notes that I have.

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

27 minutes ago, Skyfiller said:

If you brought £5000.00 worth or any amount in 2019, you would have doubled your money if you sold it today. I think that's a sound investment. 

have look at the chart below on the link for more info  

https://www.nextdaybullion.co.uk/info/what-is-a-goldback/

www.nextdaybullion.co.uk

So hence my question? What’s the point? Are they just a collectible? I’ve read your link and still none the wiser as it says what they are, I know what they are, but not what the point of them is. If they follow spot then surely you are better off with plain bullion as you can buy more of it and an easy out. For example, if I bought 5k worth today I could get just under 1oz of gold in these or just over 2oz of bullion. In my simple mind I’d rather the uplift of 2ozs rather than 1oz! If they don’t follow spot what do they follow?

40 minutes ago, Skyfiller said:

So hence my question? What’s the point? Are they just a collectible? I’ve read your link and still none the wiser as it says what they are, I know what they are, but not what the point of them is. If they follow spot then surely you are better off with plain bullion as you can buy more of it and an easy out. For example, if I bought 5k worth today I could get just under 1oz of gold in these or just over 2oz of bullion. In my simple mind I’d rather the uplift of 2ozs rather than 1oz! If they don’t follow spot what do they follow?

Spot on. Exactly right in my opinion. I buy the sets each year from Andrew as they’re novel but the real gains are sought thru gold bullion

And how does comparing them to collectible bits from 2021 with a high premiums help explain what the point of them is? A sovereign from Chards is currently 3.25% and from TSF this week 0% premiums. 
it was a simple question I thought?

Just now, Skyfiller said:

Thanks @JamesH, so they are just a collectable 😀👍🏻 God, that was hard work 😂

well you cant say there collectable if you can use them in a shop to buy goods and services in the USA. because there designed to be used,collectable means you don't use it. 🤔

www.nextdaybullion.co.uk

9 minutes ago, NextDayBullion said:

well you cant say there collectable if you can use them in a shop to buy goods and services in the USA. because there designed to be used,collectable means you don't use it. 🤔

Disagree. My wife collects clocks. Still uses them to tell the time

I've bought a few as the designs are good and nice to have a few.

Don't see them as a stackers option as stackers are looking for close to spot as possible.

They are used as currency in some US states but certainly not in the UK.

Not concerned if they increase in value as nice little collectible gold items me thinks

1 hour ago, NextDayBullion said:

I'm really not trying to have a go @NextDayBullion but even goldback.com states "Goldbacks are not legal tender, but they are valid for barter, trade, discounts." and I could do the same with a camel! 

It's great that your enthusiastic about your products but selling on TSF is not like selling something on Facebook, as any and all questions are always asked. They are nothing personal, it's all about the gold! (On that note, everyone please go and follow his page https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61554685384746). It was a really genuine question and as a stacker in the UK I was genuinely interested in the answer.

Would you agree with the following?

In the UK, they are really just for beginners to dip their toe in the gold scene or as a lovely novelty to frame up for the wall and makes a great present. In the USA they can be used in some shops in some states in place of currency as a barter token and may become very popular. If your a serious gold stacker in the UK I wouldn't recommend these as the best investment in gold but they are great for starting out and have some amazing designs that could become collectable over time.

I think they look really good, and now I know what their purpose is I'd love a set for the wall if you still have some available? I might even get one graded for the giggle.

Out of interest, has anyone on here ever stuck one on a Sigma? Can it be tested? According to the math the gold in 1 goldback is roughly 0.2 microns thick.

9 hours ago, Skyfiller said:

I'm really not trying to have a go @NextDayBullion but even goldback.com states "Goldbacks are not legal tender, but they are valid for barter, trade, discounts." and I could do the same with a camel! 

It's great that your enthusiastic about your products but selling on TSF is not like selling something on Facebook, as any and all questions are always asked. They are nothing personal, it's all about the gold! (On that note, everyone please go and follow his page https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61554685384746). It was a really genuine question and as a stacker in the UK I was genuinely interested in the answer.

Would you agree with the following?

In the UK, they are really just for beginners to dip their toe in the gold scene or as a lovely novelty to frame up for the wall and makes a great present. In the USA they can be used in some shops in some states in place of currency as a barter token and may become very popular. If your a serious gold stacker in the UK I wouldn't recommend these as the best investment in gold but they are great for starting out and have some amazing designs that could become collectable over time.

I think they look really good, and now I know what their purpose is I'd love a set for the wall if you still have some available? I might even get one graded for the giggle.

Out of interest, has anyone on here ever stuck one on a Sigma? Can it be tested? According to the math the gold in 1 goldback is roughly 0.2 microns thick.

I understand your point and your fair view. I think there have been a few YouTube videos with the notes being melted into gold. I don't think the integrity of the gold is in question with over, 25 million sold. Also, they are designed so they cannot be counterfeited.

With mints and producers handling gold and selling it to consumers. There are very tight controls in place to protect the market. As dealers, we are aware of this red tape check.✍️

just look at the Perth mint doping gold bars to China. If they are out by 0.01, they get hang dried.😰

The main purpose i think the Goldback can work in many ways for a consumers, who is in the gold and silver market. its your own interpretation 

www.nextdaybullion.co.uk

• morezone changed the title to Goldbacks
3 hours ago, morezone said:

@NextDayBullion Please do not use the discussion area to promote your own sales threads.

I am not offering to sell, so get your facts right. I started a discussion for awareness. Read the thread before you judge. We are disusing goldback. Please point out where I am offering to sell. I am stating what is sold on the forum, not offering. 

Then we are talking about goldbacks in general.🤔

www.nextdaybullion.co.uk

Just now, NextDayBullion said:

I am not offering to sell, so get your facts right. I started a discussion for awareness. Read the thread before you judge. We are disusing goldback. Please point out where I am offering to sell. I am stating what is sold on the forum, not offering. 

You do realise you've just went head on into a collision with a long term forum moderator 😆 

I'd read the room before commenting in future.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, James32 said:

You do realise you've just went head on into a collision with a long term forum moderator 😆 

I'd read the room before commenting in future.

Thanks james32, you should be that person , on what i have seen so far on the forum.

www.nextdaybullion.co.uk

10 minutes ago, NextDayBullion said:

Thanks james32, you should be that person , on what i have seen so far on the forum.

No he shouldn't. As he would be ousted from the NBS.... I for one are not having my bert as a mod! 

And neither of my other Bert's will too...

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

19 minutes ago, NextDayBullion said:

You literally linked your sales thread in the first post.

There is a 3 day lag for standard members on sales posts but not for discussion posts. 

It's not fair to a) other sellers and b) paid members that get access to the trade section immediately.

Just have a quick read of the forum rules is all people are saying.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

25 minutes ago, NextDayBullion said:

so get your facts right. 

Interesting tone to take up with a mod, let's see if it pays off for him. Back to you at the studio

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32