• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Oxford Mint Britannia 1g Gold Bar WOW WOW ( New Release): A Beautiful Bar What Do You Think ?

10 minutes ago, MickB said:

Well my local bakery sells Belgian buns. Not a Baker or even the ingredients from Belgium.  I'm gonna sue them🤣

Ah but have they been making them since 1700s ?

Just now, pricha said:

Ah but have they been making them since 1700s ?

The Belgians or my local bakery?🤣

I doubt the Windsor mint is in Windsor or the London mint in London but we know what sort of companies they are.  We'll I'd hope most TSF members know. 

Edited by pricha

Pamp made sovereigns with the Indian mint mark, they're not the Royal Mint. Although they were made under licence, still not Royal Mint products.

Was there any actual claim The Oxford Mint have claimed they are connected to the original business or were they just pointing out the history of the past Mint?

9 hours ago, pricha said:

I doubt the Windsor mint is in Windsor or the London mint in London but we know what sort of companies they are.  We'll I'd hope most TSF members know. 

https://www.windsormint.co.uk
Another ‘mint’ posing as British. Check out the George V sovereign - What a bargain!…

Edited by Britannia47

1 hour ago, MickB said:

Was there any actual claim The Oxford Mint have claimed they are connected to the original business or were they just pointing out the history of the past Mint?

If you check their website they call themselves "The Oxford Mint" and have a "history" page that talks about the (unrelated, historic) Oxford Mint while also referring to it as "The Oxford Mint". On the assay cards shown on the first post of this thread they have "The Oxford Mint" as their name at the top of the card with their mark, and then at the bottom it begins "The Oxford Mint was founded in 871AD".

I don't know whether you'd consider those "claims", but they seem uncomfortably conflated, particularly in the case of the assay card where they call both their company and the previous mint by the same name. They don't explicitly say that there is continuity between the organisations but surely one can imagine that an average reader might think so given the lack of clear indication on the card that there are different organisations mentioned.

Edited by Anteater

1 hour ago, MickB said:

Pamp made sovereigns with the Indian mint mark, they're not the Royal Mint. Although they were made under licence, still not Royal Mint products.

Screenshot_20240401_231922_Chrome.jpg

26 minutes ago, Orpster said:

I like the design, but with the competition in the 1g bar area it would not be top of my list

The marketing is not as bad as some of the other secondary mints who like to play on patriotism and historical anniversary's to draw in the old and vulnerable.  This one seems far more palatable than most and is pretty harmless in comparison.

The fact it is minted in Germany would not bother me at all.  

I think to gain any traction on here or with seasoned stackers it would need to be under the price of a tavex 1g bar that tends to set the standard for cheapness.  It will need to sell on price far more than design I suspect

image.thumb.png.14be30640cab1b7215e5907e018b890d.png

I am sorry to say there is no comparison to a dealer bar; they are two different-produced bars. The reason you cannot compare this dealer bar is that the minting process is a lot cheaper, and the design, plating, and production costs are cheaper. Also, the finish stamping is totally different, so it would be unfair to compare the price. They go through two different minting processes, which is why the dealer bar is cheaper. You need to compare the Oxford Mint to a Royal Mint 1g, a Umicore 1g, or a Valcambi 1g. Then that would be a fair comparison. 

You have three types of bullion in the market: low-end, mid-range, and top-end. All PAMP bullion is at the top end. The Oxford Mint is in the mid-range. You need to understand what you are buying. I hope that helps. 

www.nextdaybullion.co.uk

3 hours ago, NextDayBullion said:

You need to compare the Oxford Mint to a Royal Mint 1g, a Umicore 1g, or a Valcambi 1g. Then that would be a fair comparison

image.thumb.png.c43464f4daa84fbbadc3187ef1160d29.png  

image.thumb.png.b9e5fc813601f0503c475dd882bc25af.png

All PAMP bullion is at the top end. The Oxford Mint is in the mid-range

image.thumb.png.12e330437cdef7b366c465dd42273853.png

You need to understand what you are buying. I hope that helps

Yea I think I get it, thanks for the help mate 👍

Edited by Orpster

I am sorry to say there is no comparison to a dealer bar; they are two different-produced bars. The reason you cannot compare this dealer bar is that the minting process is a lot cheaper, and the design, plating, and production costs are cheaper. Also, the finish stamping is totally different, so it would be unfair to compare the price. They go through two different minting processes, which is why the dealer bar is cheaper. You need to compare the Oxford Mint to a Royal Mint 1g, a Umicore 1g, or a Valcambi 1g. Then that would be a fair comparison. 

You have three types of bullion in the market: low-end, mid-range, and top-end. All PAMP bullion is at the top end. The Oxford Mint is in the mid-range. You need to understand what you are buying. I hope that helps. 

Phew, Thanks for that. 

It's a good job you're not patronising anyone.

1 hour ago, Orpster said:

image.thumb.png.c43464f4daa84fbbadc3187ef1160d29.png  

image.thumb.png.b9e5fc813601f0503c475dd882bc25af.png

image.thumb.png.12e330437cdef7b366c465dd42273853.png

Yea I think I get it, thanks for the help mate 👍

Yes and you forgot to mention there £5.00 delivery price on top, and my price is free inclded on every item. 

www.nextdaybullion.co.uk

2 minutes ago, NextDayBullion said:

Yes and you forgot to mention there £5.00 delivery price on top, and my price is free inclded on every item. 

Tavex.jpg

www.nextdaybullion.co.uk

52 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

Phew, Thanks for that. 

It's a good job you're not patronising anyone.

If your given out you got to take it back 

www.nextdaybullion.co.uk