• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

British Monarchs Series - They Couldn’t, Could They?

14 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

“We are committed to offering our customers premium products and services, and we want to offer a solution that recognises your loyalty to this collection.”

Like what? 🫥

That's interesting - my email doesn't contain that sentence.

Just now, paulmerton said:

That's interesting - my email doesn't contain that sentence.

same

We are contacting you regarding The Royal Mint’s British Monarchs Collection.

We know that collectors have been awaiting further news on this collection since the George II coin was released in August 2023.

As a loyal customer, we wanted to inform you directly that we have recently made the difficult decision to discontinue this product range.

Each year, The Royal Mint undertakes a full analysis of sales and demand across every denomination and design of coin that we produce.

Unfortunately, due to a decline in interest and changing market conditions, the British Monarchs Collection is no longer commercially viable for us to continue.

We would like to assure you that this decision has not been taken lightly, and we have explored several other options.

I understand that this is disappointing news, and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for your continued support.

15 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

“We are committed to offering our customers premium products and services, and we want to offer a solution that recognises your loyalty to this collection.”

Like what? 🫥

I didn’t get that sentence in my email 

3 minutes ago, Whitebulldog said:

I didn’t get that sentence in my email 

Me neither!

2 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Double standards for the VIP's it seems

Are you saying it's in your email, BYB?

Just now, paulmerton said:

I'm a bit miffed about not being graced with that sentence when I've bought 9 coins in this series, one of which was the most expensive coin I've ever bought.

Same. I have all the silver coins, albeit 3 were bought on the secondary market as the early ones sold out so quickly. But I’ve spent what I consider a lot with the RM in the past two years 

I think that sentence is for people who bought ALL the coins direct from the Royal Mint.

I bought ALL the 1oz and 2oz silvers, including duplicates of several that I liked.

I’m not a VIP customer and didn’t buy any gold.

Interestingly, I don’t know that I have an AM as I think the last time someone with that designation emailed me was for a Historics Range.

I need to contact Customer Service to find out who to contact. 😬

3 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

And guys… Are y’all seeing this???

Murmurings from his own mind, maybe?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

I have spoken to my account manager.

My total spend on the series so far has been £3375

I have been offered a 2 oz silver coin as a "gesture of goodwill"

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

3 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I have spoken to my account manager.

My total spend on the series so far has been £3375

I have been offered a 2 oz silver coin as a "gesture of goodwill"

Oh my!!! Do I even bother contacting customer service!? 😐

1 minute ago, timsk said:

In short, the RM show little short of complete contempt for their customers and have completely lost my respect and confidence; I won't be buying anything more from them ever again

This is the general response RM gets from customers and they remain obstinate, oblivious to criticism

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

@timsk I’m sorry and I feel you. I’ve jumped through hoops since the first coin to get all the ones that I wanted, in the hope of having a lovely complete set in a few years.

I was just computing how much I spent over the past years on this range, and I want to kick myself because I also bought the “ugly coins” just the have the complete set.

Like many others, I went all in, and I was also looking forward to the BEST Monarchs which are (were!) yet to come. 🫤