• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New member from the midlands

Welcome to the forum,

In case you have not found it yet there is a great compare prices tool on the forum, this will introduce you to other online dealers and let you do a check on better prices when you are buying

https://www.thesilverforum.com/compare/uk/

I find Bullion by Post are generally quite expensive, but Atkinson's and Bairds are both good contenders, as are HGM, Tavex, Gerrards, Britannia Coins and others

14 hours ago, ZEE123 said:

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I've been buying gold and silver bullion for the past year now and I like to look for opportunities as an individual investor to grow my portfolio. I buy gold and silver bars and coins to hedge against inflation and currency devaluation in the long term.

I regularly watch YouTube videos from the likes of Backyard Bullion, 2 is 1 Gold and Future Investments for tips on how to invest in precious metals. I believe YouTube channels such as these are a good place to look if you want to look at the pros and cons of different ways of investing in precious metals. I believe The Silver Forum does this on some of its forums too.

I have bought bullion directly from reputable dealers such as Bullion By Post, Atkinsons Bullion, Baird and Co and Dubai Airport Duty Free but I've heard that you can get good deals from The Silver Forum. I understand that the content on this website monitors content and has even clamped down on counterfeit pieces of bullion, so buying on these forums should be safer than buying on eBay.

I look forward to seeing what this website has to offer everyone! 🙂

Welcome aboard!

TSF is the best place in the UK to buy precious metals. The Forum doesn't get directly involved in trades and charges 0% commission so trading is mostly self-policed by the members and moderators. Spend a little time and get to know the regular buyers and sellers. These guys are worth their weight in gold. If you listen to and follow the most active traders and posters like 3 of the guys in this thread - Stefffana, Orpster and King James32 - you can't go wrong. There are many other reputable traders and coin nerds who can spot a fake from 100 yards.

Buying on TSF is infinitely preferable to buying on eBay. My personal opinion is gold should not be bought on eBay and silver should only be bought at auctions or if you need/want particular items that are not for sale on TSF or elsewhere. They are many good traders on eBay but if you read threads on TSF (like binlord of the week) you will see there are sadly quite a number of disreputable traders on eBay

Binlord of the week on ebay - Gold - The Silver Forum

Here's the TSF quick guide to trading:

Quickstart guide - Please read BEFORE trading on TSF

You've already upgraded to Silver Membership. That is a fantastic start and you should have a lot of fun buying here if you're used to dealer prices. Sometimes dealers do have great offers on gold and certain items but in general you'll get lower prices on TSF for the most popular items like sovereigns, Britannias, Queen's Beasts, etc in gold and you'll definitely get better prices on TSF for silver than any dealer

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

Welcome to TSF.

Regarding eBay, even though I don't sell or buy PM's on eBay I know a few on here do...I have noticed a change with regards to email notifications, now it includes the sellers full Name and address... Something that I think sellers of PMs and privacy lovers should be concerned about. 

Edited by Groundup

Posted (edited)

Hello, 

Thanks everyone for the tips and advice on buying PMs.

I've had a look and I have seen some good products for very reasonable prices. I have even messaged users regarding products they're selling that I'm interested in. What I would say about buying directly from the dealers is that they might have specific products I want that aren't on TSF. For example, I've been looking at the gold lunar series coins, I haven't seen any on TSF yet but I've seen the dealers selling them.

It just depends on what I'm looking for. I'll keep looking on this website to find better deals if I can. 👍

Edited by ZEE123

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founder & Administrator

Hello and welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

On 09/01/2024 at 18:10, ZEE123 said:

Hello, 

Thanks everyone for the tips and advice on buying PMs.

I've had a look and I have seen some good products for very reasonable prices. I have even messaged users regarding products they're selling that I'm interested in. What I would say about buying directly from the dealers is that they might have specific products I want that aren't on TSF. For example, I've been looking at the gold lunar series coins, I haven't seen any on TSF yet but I've seen the dealers selling them.

It just depends on what I'm looking for. I'll keep looking on this website to find better deals if I can. 👍

They have been on, however if you haven’t got paid membership they will be sold before the sales thread becomes accessible to you🤔😮