• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NEW St. George and the Dragon coin with Garter inscription

2 minutes ago, tpcob303 said:

We hit 1000 posts on this subject and it didn't take long. 

It was/is a meaty topic. More to come when coins are in hand shortly.

I just got confirmation for my 2 oz. Nothing so far for the 5 oz order.

For me the stress is the returns procedure and the QC gamble every time you get something from the Royal Mint, definition of insanity.

On a different note, my wife just bought home £9.50 of 50 p's , I asked if there where any good ones, she said "no only ones with the woman on a camel".  

Edited by Wampum

I have just checked tracking, as of last night the coins are on route. I bought mine while there was about 200 coins left before the last coins were taken. 

Perhaps take the day off and stay by you door for your postman will be delivering very very soon.  I have to wait a week or so due to customs checks and tariffs applied and a customary wait while this happens as mail goes like a snail in Germany. 

We should see the first pictures coming through from customers who bought from the mint. 

Edited by tpcob303

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

I’m wondering why the edge inscription is different when the size is, I think, almost the same on the 2oz gold and silver?

possibly because silver 2oz is thicker than gold 2oz hence better placement on silver?

41 minutes ago, Shadab said:

possibly because silver 2oz is thicker than gold 2oz hence better placement on silver?

The better placement is actually on the 2oz gold where the lettering touches both obverse and reverse faces. 

That said… the silver is lovely in its own way. 

4 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

The better placement is actually on the 2oz gold where the lettering touches both obverse and reverse faces. 

That said… the silver is lovely in its own way. 

I'm expecting the 5oz silver to be equally better. I also have a real 1819 LIX Crown on its way to compare - I think we can guarantee which will arrive first!

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

IMG_1236.jpeg

IMG_1235.jpeg

IMG_1234.jpeg

IMG_1233.jpeg

IMG_1228.jpeg

IMG_1226.jpeg

IMG_1227.jpeg

IMG_1225.jpeg

IMG_1224.jpeg

IMG_1221.jpeg

IMG_1220.jpeg

IMG_1219.jpeg

IMG_1222.jpeg

That matte gold and edge inscription are exquisite. Congrats on bagging the winning coin. Would love to own one 👍🏼