• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

MS70 SOTD Coronation pricing

Jbend

• morezone changed the title to MS70 SOTD Coronation pricing

Moved to the discussion area as the buy/sell sections is for actual sales.

• Info - this tag is for Moderator/Admin use only and is intended for the pinned topics that provide info such as this QuickStart guide here.

If you do end up wanting to sell it on the forum, please have a read of the following beforehand.

Quickstart guide - Please read BEFORE trading on TSF

In August I would have said £1600-£1800 as the ungraded versions were going for not a lot less.
There have been a couple for sale on here, someone had two up and if I remember sold one of them at £1700, and I saw a PF69 up at £1350 but I don't think it sold
There are a couple unsold on eBay for £1750, can only see one sold which was up for £1850 but took a best offer bid, which irritatingly you never know what it is
Not seeing any sold at the auction houses or in the Facebook groups.  I would say err on the side of caution, people should be getting them back by now so we should see some more sales to judge.
I think in your position I would not sell for less than £1600 till I had more to go on.  There was a lot of hype for these and I am not sure if that hype will still be there in the current market, but proofs and special dates do seem to operate to different rules to bullion and I have seen people asking about this one in the Facebook groups so there may well still be a strong market for them

7 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I’m a big advocate for people leaning to do their own homework. 

I agree with Dave’s comment. Whenever I see a coin that I already own being offered for sale elsewhere, I simply take a screenshot of it on my iPad for future reference. It mightn’t sell for the amount requested, but at least it gives me an indication of the present value of the coin @Jbend. Hopefully you’re in a financial position to take @Agaupl’s advice by holding on to your coin and get a taste for its value in the meantime.

@Orpster (who has already contributed to this thread) also freely offers advice on a FB group I belong to and, although our paths haven’t crossed as yet, I’m sure that a lot of TSF members will verify that he clearly knows his stuff.  Not forgetting @Paul of course, who sneaked his comment in ahead of me.

Edited by GoodAsGold
Paul. Who else?

4 minutes ago, Orpster said:

I think asking on forums is a perfectly valid way of doing research, it is why it’s called a forum 

If someone else has already got the information the OP wants, or even just an opinion like mine, sharing it not only saves the OP time but anyone else who has a SOTD at grading and sees the post.  I also think active discussions like this encourage traffic to the site from google searches and potentially bring in new members.  If that search shows members being dismissive it will have the opposite effect.

Fair comment and I respect your point. I’ve sometimes helped out newcomers to the FB group when they ask for advice on certain quintuple sovs, for example. But I also think it pays to do your own research when trading. I also love the fact that TSF promotes discussion between like minded coin collectors, whereas a lot of stuff on FB seems to be requests from new members who have inherited a coin and just want to sell the damn thing before it burns a hole through their hand. FB group membership figures must be inflated by people with no particular interest in coin collecting but just want to flog a coin for cash and simply move on. 

1 minute ago, GoodAsGold said:

Fair comment and I respect your point. I’ve sometimes helped out newcomers to the FB group when they ask for advice on certain quintuple sovs, for example. But I also think it pays to do your own research when trading. I also love the fact that TSF promotes discussion between like minded coin collectors, whereas a lot of stuff on FB seems to be requests from new members who have inherited a coin and just want to sell the damn thing before it burns a hole through their hand. FB group membership figures must be inflated by people with no particular interest in coin collecting but just want to flog a coin for cash and simply move on. 

Yes I have seen that so many times on Facebook.
I find on there some groups are much better at policing it than others as a favourite of the scammers is to post a picture of a coin they have 'inherited', to a group to try and get the vultures circling and encourage PM's with low offers.  They then accept all the offers and take in as much cash as they can.  The vultures think they are being clever and greed takes over their caution.  Its why the better groups make posters put named and dated pictures even for posts asking for advise and prices, to save the vultures from their own greed.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update on pricing for these now we are starting to see some auction results come through,

In October the Coin Cabinet sold 3, one raw and two graded at 70

image.thumb.png.5da695a8406c05eccb8cd40a6e0cf066.png

So we can see the prices have very much normalised now from the hype on first release with raw going only £50 over rrp and a more reasonable price on the MS70 examples.  There may have been fee's on top of these prices I would assume as the prices are too exact to include fee's.  I get confused with what auctioneers charge what but I know todays Coin Cabinet sale was 6%

3 minutes ago, Orpster said:

Just an update on pricing for these now we are starting to see some auction results come through,

So we can see the prices have very much normalised now from the hype on first release with raw going only £50 over rrp and a more reasonable price on the MS70 examples.  There may have been fee's on top of these prices I would assume as the prices are too exact to include fee's.  I get confused with what auctioneers charge what but I know todays Coin Cabinet sale was 6%

Raw at £900 a bargain for the future I think. Likewise for the 70s 

Aaaahhh😉

Just now, Agaupl said:

Raw at £900 a bargain for the future I think. Likewise for the 70s 

I think so too, I will happily buy at those prices.
This dip is the time to get them I reckon.  The plain edge matte coins stand a good chance of doing very well I think, the mintage numbers make them hard to resist

9 minutes ago, Orpster said:

there's buyers premium & VAT on the premium to add to see the "full" real price paid - one of them was in the premium sale if i recall, so +18% and then +20% vat on the premium paid, on a £ grand item this add a few hundred squid