• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Next Tudor Beast - Unicorn

1 minute ago, AaaGee said:

Nice! Im collecting the 1oz Silver proofs of this set so looking forward to the next release.

I've signed up for the 1oz Silver and 1/4oz Gold.

Had a nice run of PF70s on the gold coins, until the Bull :( - can't win 'em all!

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, westminstrel said:

I got the 1oz silver reverse proof set to add to the rest in my collection. I do like the Seymour Unicorn design best of all now; previously the Seymour Panther was my favourite. 🙂

Yep, I did the same. I'm not particularly confident they will be an investment really but they are limited and there are some interesting plus point such as the same coin having different monarchs in bullion and proof, a 2023 dated coin with the queen etc. that may in time become desirable. Maybe wishful thinking but who knows? Just got to save ready for the bullion gold now.

4 hours ago, apachebleu said:

Yep, I did the same. I'm not particularly confident they will be an investment really but they are limited and there are some interesting plus point such as the same coin having different monarchs in bullion and proof, a 2023 dated coin with the queen etc. that may in time become desirable. Maybe wishful thinking but who knows? Just got to save ready for the bullion gold now.

I agree… I don’t know what these will be worth by the end of the series, but I am looking forward to assembling the complete set of proof and reverse proof coins in two nice 10-coin boxes, if I can find them. 

56 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I agree… I don’t know what these will be worth by the end of the series, but I am looking forward to assembling the complete set of proof and reverse proof coins in two nice 10-coin boxes, if I can find them. 

I'll do similar, no point trying to grade 20 silver proofs from the mint, too expensive for what they are and will only end in disappointment so these will be kept/displayed as is.

9 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Did you get the complimentary 10-coin box from the RM?

No, I'm only collecting the double set which you couldn't get a continuation on and didn't get a box.

I have no idea who thought this was a good idea, just the royal mint being the royal mint I suppose. Its not as if it doesn't cost the same as a single!

Incidentally if anyone has one to sell do please get in touch

On 25/09/2023 at 23:18, apachebleu said:

In my mind the most desirable aspect of this series is that there'll be two dragons, and possibly both released next year due to the lunar year of dragon

If we do the right thing this time, we might have to do the right thing again next time.

4 hours ago, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

In my mind the most desirable aspect of this series is that there'll be two dragons, and possibly both released next year due to the lunar year of dragon

I'm fine with that being added to the list of stories I tell myself to justify how much I'm spending on these thing.

HUGE improvement in design compared to the previous coins in the range IMO. Lovely look with not over the top detail making it easy to distinguish it as a unicorn. Even though I sold most of my TB coins - I would strongly consider getting this unicorn coin in gold. I'm relieved RM has made a positive change in the TB series as the previous coins were such a huge disappointment for me. The Panther was good but the Yale and Lion fell short. Now I'm looking forward to the next designs to be revealed. Positive outlook ahead! *I hope*

• 2 weeks later...