• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Remember we all started somewhere

11 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Yes, indeed, on forum can be seen very often: 

"Please, PM me!"

but in previous context was used as precious metals abbreviation.

agreed lol I forgot where I was for a moment 

I'm alright, Jack, Keep your hands off of my stack

1 minute ago, COBRASTACKER said:

Hey bro pm’s are private messages 

this is a great place to learn and to buy and sell 

great people who are very knowledgable and are very friendly 

stay strong stay humble and keep stacking my friend 

always here to help 

Thanks @COBRASTACKER your the man and yes made a purchase today (silver) so yes my Fridays are for gold and in the week it’s silver 👍

2 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Some facts about silver.

1 cash in the bank has consistently out performed silver since 1971.

2 silver is not a hedge against inflation 

3 silver is not a good investment 

4 silver is not a good store of wealth 

5 silver is a good hobby 

6 it is a cheap way to collect world 1oz bullion 

7 you do retain some of your money compared to other hobbies playing computer games etc. 

8 it’s great for kids to get into coin collecting with their pocket money.

Your insight is a wonderful thing 🙁🖖

When all hope is gone all that’s left is truth. 

22 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

So facts are negative?   Wowers you have gone woke in your old age  🤣

We have clashed before over this subject and I'm not out to upset anyone for their  poor finical decisions  or dance over their dreams and hopes, we need more people with critical thinking to question everything, I know I'm going  to open myself up for attack by even saying this but I'm think skinned enough to take a bit flak. 

There is a lot going for silver bullion just not financial ones.   I have silver and I still buy it form time to time as it's a great hobby to collect low cost cheap coins. 

We have loads of silver stacking finical experts on here so this question should be easy. 

Can anyone here show me how silver is a good store of wealth over a sustained period of time and can you show me it's a hedge against inflation? And I'm genuinely happy to someone to prove to me it is, because if you can we are all winners!

I’m afraid that I have to agree with you. 
We know this from experience, but ‘hey ho - whatever’ 🤣

Gold has more than compensated 🌞

When all hope is gone all that’s left is truth. 

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

So facts are negative?   Wowers you have gone woke in your old age  🤣

I've always been a little woke but less of the old, I am hoping I am less than half way there. 

We have clashed before over this subject and I'm not out to upset anyone for their  poor finical decisions  or dance over their dreams and hopes, we need more people with critical thinking to question everything,

Yep, don't mind a clash, both our life choices are very different and we are both in the minority demographic to offer our any financial advice to the average working family. Not everyone wants to hold on to their assets until the day they die. It's a open market place Dave, the price is set, governments treat it like it, banks treat it like it and this forum treats it like it and what I can see is that it is thriving and everyone is happy. It's all about understanding the market you are operating in and yes gold can operate differently to silver but it's an asset you can dispose of easily at a set price unlike beans, Dr martins or anything you want to rant about. 

Can anyone here show me how silver is a good store of wealth over a sustained period of time and can you show me it's a hedge against inflation? And I'm genuinely happy to someone to prove to me it is, because if you can we are all winners!

You have asked this question loads of times and ignore the answers when pitched against gold. Most members on the "silver" forum are bored with it which is probably why you are picking off the newbies as they come in. 

You can now pop off to the same search engine every one uses and pop in a negative bias question and come back with a dozen charts that say something different to all the other charts out there to suit your agenda. 

Ignore all that and just buy at a price and sell at a higher price. Simple really. 

2 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

I've always been a little woke but less of the old, I am hoping I am less than half way there. 

Yep, don't mind a clash, both our life choices are very different and we are both in the minority demographic to offer our any financial advice to the average working family. Not everyone wants to hold on to their assets until the day they die. It's a open market place Dave, the price is set, governments treat it like it, banks treat it like it and this forum treats it like it and what I can see is that it is thriving and everyone is happy. It's all about understanding the market you are operating in and yes gold can operate differently to silver but it's an asset you can dispose of easily at a set price unlike beans, Dr martins or anything you want to rant about. 

You have asked this question loads of times and ignore the answers when pitched against gold. Most members on the "silver" forum are bored with it which is probably why you are picking off the newbies as they come in. 

You can now pop off to the same search engine every one uses and pop in a negative bias question and come back with a dozen charts that say something different to all the other charts out there to suit your agenda. 

Ignore all that and just buy at a price and sell at a higher price. Simple really. 

Facts are not negative or positive facts are facts. Come on you are old enough to know this! All because you don like a fact doesn’t make it any less valid or untrue. 

The only agenda I have is to get people to critically think for themselves instead of going along with buzz words they don’t understand.

So you can’t show me silver is a good store of wealth or a hedge against inflation, ok I thought a veteran silver guy like yourself would be able to.

Have you got any good news stories with silver, has it put your kids though Uni, or you are retiring early, or it’s buying you that dream motor you’ve always fancied?  

I genuinely want to hear people doing well for themselves. 

So to recap, facts are neither positive or negative,  facts are facts.  The only agenda I have is to wake people up to critical thinking instead of going along with popular opinion.

@Bigmarc I’m not picking off I have zero gain either way.

please let us know how silver has benefited you and the gains you have made. 

12 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Facts are not negative or positive facts are facts. Come on you are old enough to know this! All because you don like a fact doesn’t make it any less valid or untrue

From 5 years ago till today. Gold up 61% silver up 54%. 

You win, there's your dopamine hit. Well done. 

14 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

The only agenda I have is to get people to critically think for themselves instead of going along with buzz words they don’t understand.

Everyone thinks they are critical thinkers, doesn't mean one person is right and the other wrong. 

Screenshot_20230509-231447-004.png.b395d70035bfa1c06cba4ad72a89ece7.png

19 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

So you can’t show me silver is a good store of wealth or a hedge against inflation, ok I thought a veteran silver guy like yourself would be able to

Honestly I sold 70% of my silver during the silver squeeze and am waiting to buy back in. Gold I sold up a fair amount 2 years back and dumped it on crypto (hand up mistake). I am sitting mostly fiat waiting to buy back in. 

Nothing is a hedge against inflation. I have a couple of bits of art. No idea what they are worth. 

What mistakes have you made Dave? 

27 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Have you got any good news stories with silver, has it put your kids though Uni, or you are retiring early, or it’s buying you that dream motor you’ve always fancied?

Have got to the point where I don't believe anything I read, just look at what the market is doing. 

Have you got any good news stories at all?. 

35 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

please let us know how silver has benefited you and the gains you have made.

Wasn't about gains to start with but I will explain later for the benefit of the new comers but now I am supposed to be digging the garden. So it's either a row with the misses or a row with gold digger Dave, so I have got to go. 

16 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

From 5 years ago till today. Gold up 61% silver up 54%. 

You win, there's your dopamine hit. Well done. 

Everyone thinks they are critical thinkers, doesn't mean one person is right and the other wrong. 

Screenshot_20230509-231447-004.png.b395d70035bfa1c06cba4ad72a89ece7.png

Honestly I sold 70% of my silver during the silver squeeze and am waiting to buy back in. Gold I sold up a fair amount 2 years back and dumped it on crypto (hand up mistake). I am sitting mostly fiat waiting to buy back in. 

Nothing is a hedge against inflation. I have a couple of bits of art. No idea what they are worth. 

What mistakes have you made Dave? 

Have got to the point where I don't believe anything I read, just look at what the market is doing. 

Have you got any good news stories at all?. 

Wasn't about gains to start with but I will explain later for the benefit of the new comers but now I am supposed to be digging the garden. So it's either a row with the misses or a row with gold digger Dave, so I have got to go. 

I tried……..  

Just now, TheShinyStuff said:

I'd pay good money to see a @GoldDiggerDave v @Bigmarc celebrity deathmatch. I can't be the only one!

(The old stop-motion WWF spoof, not actual murder, just for clarity!)

You mean no fight to the death? 

IMG_0607.jpeg

Aaaahhh😉