• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is Now a good time to Buy Silver

Also to stay on topic I'd like to ask, does the possibility of milk spotting put you off from collecting bullion silver coins?

P.S. WEN 2600

Edited by Upsidedown

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

Just now, Midasfrog said:

Yes this is what put me off buying silver , proof coins going milky and lost premiums 

Yeah. Coupled with the ridiculous premium AND vat.. I just can't do it

15 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

I kept the 5oz and 10oz silver proof QB Lion of England . Its still one of the best designs that the RM have produced recently 

I still buy the odd thing I like in silver but I'm probably like 95% gold

3 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

Is now a good time to get back into collecting silver? 

Yes and no. 

its still very cheap i think in relation to future spot prices - but Im not sure if it will ever break out. 
Personally I would buy silver under £18 per ounce as a compound basis. 

One major thing to consider is we are hitting a global financial reset & a potential serious recession. 
Silver is an industrial metal & if the economy stagnates it will. 

There is also a big possibility of a major deleveraging event in the markets. 
Most if not almost all silver is on paper as a derivative - so it will dump as well. 

I am foreseeing £15.50 prices again on major dips & £10-14 in a real crash. 
I'm no expert but what I see is the banking issue rise were very much emotional with silver. 
That also adds more to the deleverage thesis as longer term options expire as people might have bet on a bigger collapse. 

Edited by Stacktastic

18 minutes ago, scotwasp said:

I think now is a terrible time to collect silver, I think everyone on the forum should sell, especially 10oz bars , 1kg bars and 1oz Brits, everyone should sell now, get out quickly, take whatever is offered and sell while you can.

I am so committed to this as an appropriate strategy that I might give consideration to buying whatever you are selling to help you on your selling journey.

just to be helpful of course. 🫣😁

You're doing gods work

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

I’m rather partial to Silver. There’s just more to look at (size,shape,design,collections)and more financially accessible. Look at Germania Mints offerings, occasion proof from RM (50/50) and glorious lumps like my Geiger 1kg Squares. More collecting than investment.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

1 minute ago, NGMD said:

I’m rather partial to Silver. There’s just more to look at (size,shape,design,collections)and more financially accessible. Look at Germania Mints offerings, occasion proof from RM (50/50) and glorious lumps like my Geiger 1kg Squares. More collecting than investment.

I know I'm still fairly new to it relatively, But the fact i can handle a big piece of cheap silver and i have to crack the gloves out for a tiny bit of expensive gold that costs vastly more, just tips me towards silver. You can play with it.

Also, I'm on bottle 2 of wine and about to take a laptop apart. NEVER take advice from me.

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

3 minutes ago, bobski said:

I know I'm still fairly new to it relatively, But the fact i can handle a big piece of cheap silver and i have to crack the gloves out for a tiny bit of expensive gold that costs vastly more, just tips me towards silver. You can play with it.

Also, I'm on bottle 2 of wine and about to take a laptop apart. NEVER take advice from me.

Exactly. You buy this stuff and hide it in a capsule and box. Proofs just need some touching….

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

9 minutes ago, NGMD said:

Exactly. You buy this stuff and hide it in a capsule and box. Proofs just need some touching….

If TSF still exists next month, I shall superlike this comment.

I see @SilverDrum is trying to trigger me🤣

The answer, you might as well buy silver now as it’s never been this  relatively cheap almost heading to worthless.  

Worthless in terms of the price of silver and the ever  decreasing buying power of the pound over time.   

you can buy almost anything else with your pound that has a use that doesn’t have a use by date and it will perform better than silver over a period of time.  

Buy 10 pairs of jeans today and you are likely to store more of your wealth in those than silver over a 10 year period, building materials, toiletries, home improvements, cigarettes etc. 

And cash in the bank since 1971 has outperformed silver over the same period of time. 

The only winners with silver is the tax man making his 20% and the dealer flogging it to you with their 18-20% dealer premium plus their £3.50 posting it…….the postman delivering it will make more posting it though the door over the same 10 year period. 

Over a ten year period if you bought at its low and sold now at spot.

Silver from £9.18 to now is 95% 

Gold from £706 to now is £112% 

A bit dramatic comparing to jeans and also not true, I only wear gstar and they cost £100 back then, now about £120.