• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is Now a good time to Buy Silver

8 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

Don't hate me. But in the past I've sold loads of flatware and done very well with it. I even managed to sell a box of plated stuff on flea bay as pirate treasure. I was up front and said it was only plated silver ware but had a bit of fun with the listing set it up in a chest like box bit of builders sand and called it Pirates treasure. It ended up selling for more than some of the silver I had listed. Bidding wars on flea bay. Happy days.

Image result for box of silverware pirate treasure only picture I could find on the webnet

Hi, My name is ZRPM's I have used ebay to sell silver flatware Image result for men sat on chair's in a circle 

I love an entrepreneur! 

30 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

Don't hate me. But in the past I've sold loads of flatware and done very well with it. I even managed to sell a box of plated stuff on flea bay as pirate treasure. I was up front and said it was only plated silver ware but had a bit of fun with the listing set it up in a chest like box bit of builders sand and called it Pirates treasure. It ended up selling for more than some of the silver I had listed. Bidding wars on flea bay. Happy days.

Image result for box of silverware pirate treasure only picture I could find on the webnet

Hi, My name is ZRPM's I have used ebay to sell silver flatware Image result for men sat on chair's in a circle 

HMRC waiting room ?

OIP.jpg

13 hours ago, Upsidedown said:

What stuff, we are trying to talk about silver but keep receiving unsolicited replies

So do you guys reckon silver premiums will come down or are they here to stay? Will they get bigger?

I can see all premiums for physical PM's slowly rising, as its that is where the profit is for dealers, costs are rising for everyone including the refiners and mints so someone has to pay for it...the end user as always.  

I can also imagine a wider split between world and CGT gold in the UK markets due to the CGT rate being halved, eg more demand  for UK CGT currency over Krugerrands. 

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

4 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I can see all premiums for physical PM's slowly rising, as its that is where the profit is for dealers, costs are rising for everyone including the refiners and mints so some has to pay for it...the end user as always.  

I can also imagine a wider split between world and CGT gold in the UK markets due to the CGT rate being halved, eg more demand  for UK CGT currency over Krugerrands. 

Your right also the cost of production of metals is going up due to what.... Tada inflation baby! That is going to be factored into premiums...

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Taking premiums into account, would it be best to invest in premium products like proofs and dragon bars, or stick to Brittanias?

Or when the fan really gets hit, do premiums get demolished for a period of time and all silver/gold is seen as equal regardless of condition and form it comes in and go for spot?

3 minutes ago, monkey said:

Taking premiums into account, would it be best to invest in premium products like proofs and dragon bars, or stick to Brittanias?

Or when the fan really gets hit, do premiums get demolished for a period of time and all silver/gold is seen as equal regardless of condition and form it comes in and go for spot?

First question......depends what your personal goals are, are you collecting/stacking or investing 

Second question,  I would not stress too much about premiums as if you are holding  PM's its spot thats going the dictate and drive the price not the premium in almost all cases. 

Purely speculating from a leveraged investment point of view. If spot has little effect on premium and premium is driven by separate market factors.

I was wondering if the premiums on some items, may increases then spot in some cases, then to flip into a bullion stash. 🤔

2 minutes ago, monkey said:

Purely speculating from a leveraged investment point of view. If spot has little effect on premium and premium is driven by separate market factors.

I was wondering if the premiums on some items, may increases then spot in some cases, then to flip into a bullion stash. 🤔

Choosing coins where the premium will increase is almost impossible but some get lucky 🤞

21 hours ago, monkey said:

nice 3% pump on silver spot today, buy now or forever hold your peace.

The hard thing with silver is trying  to realise the small percentage gains to make them a real world worthwhile profit......You will need to buy utter boat loads of silver to see real world profit.    

3000 silver brits is around £76,800 if they increase 3% to £79,104   £2304 potential profit and I say potential as you'd have to sell them on the secondary market not back to a dealer, selling them off in 1's and 2's would be utterly pointless as it would cost more in round trips to the post office never mind would  almost trigger VAT and HMRC.  £26.36 each and don't forget a load of new silver on here sells for a lot less then this £23.50/ £24 if that was the case you would be well into a loss.  It's worth having a look at silver and try and do some cost analysis to see if anyone is really making a profit.

Or with the hypothetical £76,800 just stick that in the Leeds building society ISA at 5.5% per year £4224 profit per year for doing nothing 100% guaranteed?    

6 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Or with the hypothetical £76,800 just stick that in the Leeds building society ISA at 5.5% per year £4224 profit per year for doing nothing 100% guaranteed?    

If there wasn't a £20k/year limit on ISA's ☹️

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

7 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

The hard thing with silver is trying  to realise the small percentage gains to make them a real world worthwhile profit......You will need to buy utter boat loads of silver to see real world profit.    

3000 silver brits is around £76,800 if they increase 3% to £79,104   £2304 potential profit and I say potential as you'd have to sell them on the secondary market not back to a dealer, selling them off in 1's and 2's would be utterly pointless as it would cost more in round trips to the post office never mind would  almost trigger VAT and HMRC.  £26.36 each and don't forget a load of new silver on here sells for a lot less then this £23.50/ £24 if that was the case you would be well into a loss.  It's worth having a look at silver and try and do some cost analysis to see if anyone is really making a profit.

possibly the best way to retrieve your gains with silver is to cash it in for gold when the gold silver ration moves in your favor? Granted that's likely to be over a longish time period traditionally speaking.

However since 2021 the ratio has made some monster moves rather quickly.

2 minutes ago, monkey said:

possibly the best way to retrieve your gains with silver is to cash it in for gold when the gold silver ration moves in your favor? Granted that's likely to be over a longish time period traditionally speaking.

Thats what i want to do. But thinking if i do it now im going to make a huge loss.

3 minutes ago, monkey said:

Or you can buy like today here on the forum 10x 100g SMP silver bars with £728 delivered and sell them one by one with £80 each?

Some work will be rewarding. 

Just waiting to make money doing nothing is so yesterday. 

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

8 minutes ago, monkey said:

Not for me, it’s still part of the same issue unless you can play with a few 100k it’s really not worth any real world gains. Everyone is sat on a few 1000 oz dreaming of the day it becomes £500 per oz. 

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Not for me, it’s still part of the same issue unless you can play with a few 100k it’s really not worth any real world gains. Everyone is sat on a few 1000 oz dreaming of the day it becomes £500 per oz. 

I had a picture for that but it's gone.

16 minutes ago, theman73 said:

Or you can buy like today here on the forum 10x 100g SMP silver bars with £728 delivered and sell them one by one with £80 each?

Some work will be rewarding. 

Just waiting to make money doing nothing is so yesterday. 

Maybe a bit of both? Nice idea, I'll look into doing something similar.

19 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

HSBC now have a saving account paying 4% on up to £50k, but with gold still dropping that must be the one to watch ??

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."