• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Charles no longer “Defender of the Faith” in Canada

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/king-charles-title-change-1.6813865

I suppose this means that Canadian coins, at some point, will be updated to no longer have FIDEI DEFENSOR, FID DEF or F D on the circumscription.

I suppose it’s only a matter of time before Charles, with his multi-faith, diversity, community of communities outlook, will make this change in the UK and everywhere else.

As Charles keeps pulling out one brick after another from his own wall, it’s looking more and more likely (to me) that the Monarchy is going down a path of abolishing itself.

@westminstrel Theres is many construction issues with Charles becoming king and many parts of the oath at the coronation are expected to be watered down.  Not just the defender of the faith even though  the monarch is the defender of the faith being the head of the Church of England,  but also the monarch is supposed  to constitutionally vow to protect their subjects and defend our freedoms......This is one area I'm extremely interested to see.  

2 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@westminstrel Theres is many construction issues with Charles becoming king and many parts of the oath at the coronation are expected to be watered down.  Not just the defender of the faith even though  the monarch is the defender of the faith being the head of the Church of England,  but also the monarch is supposed  to constitutionally vow to protect their subjects and defend our freedoms......This is one area I'm extremely interested to see.  

I suppose in modern day Britain having a ‘defender of one faith’ King isn't particularly inclusive what with Islam and Judaism taking firm root while Christianity literally dies out along with the last generation of Britons. It seems people prefer You Tube to churches these days and only turn up to get hitched or to see someone off so I’m not surprised if Charlie is wondering if there’s anyone left to defend at all. Hence the ‘all faiths’ ad campaign. Seems reasonable although if they turn the sovereign into an Azazi I’m selling up and moving into silver. 😄

@CazLikesCoins there has been many talks about what the direction monarchy should take, for me I got very nervous when Charles became  very early convent to Klaus Schwab’s ideology. 

As for faith that’s a very personal thing and means different things to different people, I’d even argue faith and religion are two different things, as you can have faith without being religious.  

For all the bad press this country gets about inclusivity we are one of the better counties, we are tolerant, we do welcome everyone of all faiths, and this was long before it got trendy to be an activist and before hashtags were a thing. 

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

15 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@CazLikesCoins there has been many talks about where the direction monarchy should take, for me I got very nervous when Charles became  very early convent to Klaus Schwab’s ideology. 

As for faith that’s a very personal thing and means different things to different people, I’d even argue faith and religion are two different things, as you can have faith without being religious.  

For all the bad press this country gets about inclusivity we are one of the better counties, we are tolerant, we do welcome everyone of all faiths, and this was long before it got trendy to be an activist and before hashtags were a thing. 

I think Charlie will be perfectly happy to allow his subjects to be led along a path of destruction by way of Schwab’s ideology, mass vaccinations, insects replacing foodstuffs, mass irradiation courtesy  of 5G masts, and a carefully applied erosion to human rights. That said, he does cut a splendid profile adorned with his crown on the new 2023 sovereign so I forgive him all that. 🤣

Charles is recognised by Israel as a descendant of David - very significant, in Islam (which he's often praised) too.

Meanwhile the new Cross of Wales that's going to feature in the Coronation includes fragments of the True Cross (supposed crucifixion cross) given to him as an accession gift by the Pope.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64856842

1 hour ago, kimchi said:

Charles is recognised by Israel as a descendant of David - very significant, in Islam (which he's often praised) too.

Meanwhile the new Cross of Wales that's going to feature in the Coronation includes fragments of the True Cross (supposed crucifixion cross) given to him as an accession gift by the Pope.

Except that Christianity and Islam are ever at odds, and if Charles thinks he can defend both faiths, and all other faiths, and also no faiths… umm… he’s got another thing coming. 😆

1 hour ago, kimchi said:

I think the bigger question here is... why is Stefan Dennis - a.k.a. Paul Robinson from Neighbours - in charge of the Hallmarking process?

I loved QEII. She was a real Queen and always stressed she was there to serve, not to be served. I love that she served as a mechanic during WWII:

"QEII joined the Auxiliary Territorial Service (ATS) in 1945, where she trained and served as a mechanic and driver during World War II. She was the first female member of the royal family to serve full time in the armed forces and the only living head of state who served in World War II. She did this against the wishes of her father, King George"

I also believe she was a genuine Christian, even the sexed-up Netflix series, "The Crown", portrayed Her Majesty in this light.

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” (Mark 10:45, NKJV)

Having said that I refer to QEII as, "Queen Elizabeth the Last"

The Monarchy led by Charles is a complete farce. The guy invited Ursula von der Leyen to the Palace. Not sure who was kissing whose ring but Ursula is not a Head of State and the King had no business holding this meeting, especially considering the UK is no longer part of the EU. The meeting was held to discuss methods of forcing the UK back into the EU. The Monarch is supposed to be politically neutral and keep their opinions to themselves but with Charles we all know his positions - WEF one world government, woke, climate change and other globalist interfaith agendas. As the recent protestors have proudly stated, "NOT MY KING"

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

22 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Except that Christianity and Islam are ever at odds, and if Charles thinks he can defend both faiths, and all other faiths, and also no faiths… umm… he’s got another thing coming. 😆

That's why religion should be left out of politics. Although I am a self confessed luke-warm royalist, I'm more in the thinking of the founding fathers of the US when it comes to religion and politics.

I've nothing against religion in and of itself (or faith) but it should be a private thing. As Elizabeth I once said at the 1558 religious settlement, "I won't make windows into men's souls". Great sentiment, unfortunately she'd be arrested now for misgendering.

18 hours ago, kimchi said:

I am looking forward to the Charles III revision of the Bible, he likes his cheesemakers (Duchy Originals)!

:)

Blessed are the cheese makers.

Edited by SidS