• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Just Seen This - King Charles Coronation Logo

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

986532048__128596017_d82b3252-e06b-4eb0-9aae-b23812baf001.jpgcopy.jpg.d6a5e1ef18fb0a8145e9f9719877b375.jpg

Looks good to me.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64599029

King Charles coronation logo created by iPhone designer

It is highly likely to feature on a forthcoming coin.

😎

Probably a crown? Possibly with the King and Queen on?🤔🧐 very souvenir ish design?

9 hours ago, Petra said:

Probably a crown? Possibly with the King and Queen on?🤔🧐 very souvenir ish design?

I think a Coronation crown will have King Charles III on it, without Queen Camilla.

It is also likely that there will be different coin issues featuring both, but these will not be Coronation issues.

😎

Chards

14 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

986532048__128596017_d82b3252-e06b-4eb0-9aae-b23812baf001.jpgcopy.jpg.d6a5e1ef18fb0a8145e9f9719877b375.jpg

Looks good to me.

😎

44 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

I think the design is good and it includes a representation of all four nations of UK.

So everyone should be happy.

It was late last night when I spotted the news item, and I was trying to get a relatively early night, but it may be worth quoting the whole BBC article:

By Sean Coughlan
Royal correspondent
The official logo for King Charles III's coronation, to feature in street parties, social media and souvenirs, has been revealed by Buckingham Palace.

It has been created by Sir Jony Ive, known for his innovative designs of Apple gadgets, including the iPhone.

This is a more traditional image, with flowers forming the shape of the St Edward's crown used in the coronation.

The floral design highlights the "optimism of spring" and reflects the King's love of nature, says Sir Jony.

"The design was inspired by King Charles's love of the planet, nature, and his deep concern for the natural world," said the former Apple design guru, who is more usually associated with sleek tech designs of equipment such as iMacs and iPods.

Who is Apple's top designer Jony Ive?

The logo, to be used for events over the coronation long weekend in May, features a rose, thistle, daffodil and shamrock - emblems from across the United Kingdom.

It's in contrast to the very stark design of the new King Charles stamps revealed this week, which has no crown or decoration.

The logo, also available in a Welsh-language version, is the latest detail to be revealed from the planned celebrations to mark the coronation, which will be held at Westminster Abbey on 6 May.

The day will include a carriage procession and traditional appearances on the Buckingham Palace balcony, although it is still not known who will be attending - with no confirmation yet whether the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be there.

On Sunday 7 May there will be a music concert and light show at Windsor Castle, and this week a public ballot opened for the 10,000 free tickets on offer for the event.

There will be an extra bank holiday on Monday 8 May, with events highlighting the work of volunteers.

I noticed the Telegraph print version has the story today, but it also states:

"The design will feature throughout next month's celebrations. It will also be used on all official merchandise." I guess this a is typical Telegraph journalist error, as iot does not explain or list any related celebrations next month (March).

I not the online version today has differnt wording, possibly having been spotted and corected:

"The design will feature throughout the celebrations. It will also be used on all official merchandise."

The Coronation of His Majesty The King is scheduied to take place on Saturday 6 May, 2023 at Westminster Abbey.

This design announcement is so new, that @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer probably does not yet have a "Register Your Interest" page yet for any Coronation commemorative coins!

😎

14 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Looks good to me.

😎

Here is an image of the Welsh language version:

52941-105930-001-Welsh-emblem-xl.thumb.jpg.877a6b63f36f01915ede1975cf4596bc.jpg

I would like to have obtained this image earlier, but was anticipating a leek leak, which failed to materialise!

The Welsh wording is: 

Y BRENIN CHARLES III

Y CORONI 6 MAI 2023

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

18 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

KING CHARLES III

CORONATION 6TH MAY 2023

Looks good to me.

😎

And, here is our preview coin image:

kciiiofficiallogo.thumb.jpg.6a472157244521f989977631e33fb952.jpg

It would look good as a Coloured Silver Proof Crown!

😎

Chards

Looks great, now let’s see what the RM comes up with.  I’m definitely in (in gold) if it looks this good.

p.s. Really like the Welsh version, don’t see it happening, but it would be a special touch

Edited by Sc391

7 hours ago, SidS said:

You get to the point where there's so many one off designs, that there is no actual regular design anymore and the one offs become totally mundane. See the old £1 coin from 1983-2016.

Exactly! When the exception becomes the rule, it ceases to be an exception anymore.