• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Atkinson's has suddenly become more expensive?

I noticed when checking the prices of a tube of silver Britannia's. A few days ago it was priced at £641 -- the most competitive on the market, about a pound cheaper than Chards. The following day, the price of silver dropped, so I was eager to see the Atkinson's price now. It became more expensive! Now it was £660 -- almost £20 more expensive than Chards.

I heard that Atkinson's was bought over by an American firm recently, I wonder if this has anything to do with it?

The reason why Atkinson's is so popular is mostly due to their competitive prices, often the best on the market. But if they are now going to be more expensive than others, I think many customers will buy where it is still cheap, like Chards or Tavex.

Any comments? I hope I'm wrong about this.

No you are not wrong. I agree with you. Atkinsons have been playing around A LOT with their prices recently. Especially with their silver coins and tubes.

Chards overall is still cheaper than Atkinsons even when you add the delivery cost. If you are buying individual items then it may not necessarily work out better but multiple items seem to work for me. Like with most dealers and gold price websites - you basically have to keep checking daily or even hourly 🤣 for the right price/deal that makes sense for you.

14 hours ago, BullionBob said:

I never even knew free delivery for TSF members was available at any point, could have saved myself a small fortune.

News to me, must have been a some sort of secret?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

Same @Paul

EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Feb. 03, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- A-Mark Precious Metals, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMRK) (A-Mark), a leading fully integrated precious metals platform, today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to purchase a 25% ownership interest in a United Kingdom-based company which owns and operates through a wholly owned subsidiary, Atkinsons Bullions & Coins (“Atkinsons”), for cash consideration of $2.75 million. Founded in 1990, Atkinsons is a leading United Kingdom-based online retailer of precious metals, bullion and coins.

Atkinsons reported revenue of over $130 million in calendar 2022. In connection with the agreement, A-Mark and Atkinsons will enter into a three-year supplier agreement which includes a renewal provision. A-Mark will also be granted an option, exercisable no sooner than 24 months after the closing, to purchase an additional 24.5% ownership interest in Atkinsons which, if exercised, would increase A-Mark’s ownership interest to 49.5%.

“The A-Mark team and I are impressed with Atkinsons’ track record within its Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) market,” said A-Mark CEO Greg Roberts. “This transaction represents our first investment outside of North America, and expands our international footprint as we continue to focus on growing our DTC base and geographic reach.”

“We are delighted to welcome the team at A-Mark to the Atkinsons family,” said Paul Atkinson CEO of Atkinsons Bullion & Coins. “From our initial meeting it was obvious we shared the same values for exceeding our clients’ expectations and delivering market-leading products and services at competitive prices. We are confident this partnership will support and enhance our ambitious growth plans. A-Mark's experience will be invaluable to our strategy.”

The proposed transaction is expected to close in March 2023, subject to customary closing conditions.

Now whatever ever happened to that special trade deal that was trumpeted  with the states that was proposed when Brexit happened.

No cheap silver for the UK, again. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

I used to head to Atkinson as my first point of reference when buying - but then I discovered Chards last Autumn who continue to out perform with remarkably low premiums.

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷