• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Coronation King Charles III and Queen Camilla Gold Sovereign

Midasfrog

20 hours ago, Upsidedown said:

I think most places will have them over the next few days now they are officially released. but if not it'll be worth getting some.. holding off for now. See how it goes

Nobody in Germany has them. It's all pre-sales. Delivery date announcements (or let's say: expectations) vary wildly. So far, no quarter and double bullion sovs are listed anywhere, just full and half.

13 minutes ago, xthomasx said:

Nobody in Germany has them. It's all pre-sales. Delivery date announcements (or let's say: expectations) vary wildly. So far, no quarter and double bullion sovs are listed anywhere, just full and half.

Quarter and Double Sovs seem to be RM exclusive unfortunately. BBP EU may end up being the only real option for Europe too.

16 minutes ago, MBTPSilver said:

Quarter and Double Sovs seem to be RM exclusive unfortunately. BBP EU may end up being the only real option for Europe too.

That's worse than I expected... Still waiting for my memorial double bullion from RM. It is announced for delivery today, after being held by Customs for full three weeks before they found it's VAT and customs-free, it seems. Hoped to avoid RM as much as possible, not because of their services but because of Geman customs... Haven't checked out BBP EU lately, though.

2 minutes ago, xthomasx said:

That's worse than I expected... Still waiting for my memorial double bullion from RM. It is announced for delivery today, after being held by Customs for full three weeks before they found it's VAT and customs-free, it seems. Hoped to avoid RM as much as possible, not because of their services but because of Geman customs... Haven't checked out BBP EU lately, though.

The absolute dismay when the government realise they can't rinse you for money on something lol

Same everywhere mate

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

16 minutes ago, MBTPSilver said:

I believe BBP deliver from within Europe since Brexit so you should avoid customs fees from them. Not much you can do when RM have an exclusive product in though.

That's the problem here. I kinda like those blister cards. I saw very few in Germany but otherwise it's RM Investment only.

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

Not quite enough to count as an error in the eyes of NGC, but this double coronation sovereign has a 13.2 degree rotation.

image.png.f53a80fa90814403a715fd889f2b8e16.pngimage.png.021aee8b95d6a7759655e3695b428fd5.png

Try your luck, you never know they might accept it as an rotation error. 

2 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Unlikely: "NGC will recognize rotated die mint errors only if there is at least 15 degrees of rotation."

I have seen for less. It depends as grading is subjective depending on the graders having a good day or bad and the finaliser. It just depends there could be a tolerance threshold around the 15 degrees. 

Edited by tpcob303

18 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Unlikely: "NGC will recognize rotated die mint errors only if there is at least 15 degrees of rotation."

My personal grading company “OCD” definitely recognises it and it’s making me tick that blister pack 😳

Aaaahhh😉

21 minutes ago, tpcob303 said:

I have seen for less. It depends as grading is subjective depending on the graders having a good day or bad and the finaliser. It just depends there could be a tolerance threshold around the 15 degrees. 

I can imagine a lower tolerance on something like a 50p where a 13.2 degree rotation would stand out like a sore thumb, but surely sending off a round coin with less than 15 degrees would not be successful if they state it has to be at least 15 degrees to be recognised.

On 07/07/2023 at 15:41, paulmerton said:

I can imagine a lower tolerance on something like a 50p where a 13.2 degree rotation would stand out like a sore thumb, but surely sending off a round coin with less than 15 degrees would not be successful if they state it has to be at least 15 degrees to be recognised.

Can someone put a couple of arrows or something on the picture as indications as from the picture can’t see the rotation… even with my glasses on🤔

4 minutes ago, Petra said:

Can someone put a couple of arrows or something on the picture as indications as from the picture can’t see the rotation… even with my glasses on🤔

The bust needs rotating slightly to the normal position then the obverse will look correct 😆

1 minute ago, Midasfrog said:

The bust needs rotating slightly to the normal position then the obverse will look correct 😆

I disagree, if you straighten the date..old Charlie will be looking down a well...

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, Midasfrog said:

Is it because the 2023 is at an angle? I suppose you hold it and slowly flip it over to check … did someone on here previously mention using a mirror?🤔

2 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Some thing like this 

Web capture_8-7-2023_202615_www.thesilverforum.com.jpeg

2023-uk-coronation-full-sovereign-gold-coin.webp

Yeah but that would make the date even more off kilter.... then again I could be getting my rights and lefts mixed up

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

On 06/07/2023 at 13:59, ant1882 said:

Got my order in for the coronation proof half sovereign, can't be missing out on this one... still gutted I missed the 2022 Jubilee and now the prices on those already.... £460 for the half.

2022 proof coins were a much smaller mintage, a significantly more popular monarch (all over the world) and an extremely exclusive event (70 years of rule). IMO the 2023 sovereigns will not be close to being in the same league, value wise, though that's just my opinion, I could be very wrong :)

In need of a little help guys, i was lucky enough to get the 2oz matt proof 'fully frosted' (shown below) upon release direct from the Mint at launch for RRP £5,495

Yesterday I have been offered another for £6,700  (so would be paying £1,205 over list RRP)

Whilst i have followed information here, I'm struggling to find any confirmed flips, re-sales, eBay sales, auction results of any of these 

i.e. anything actually selling over RRP 

The one sale on eBay UK i found for was "best offer" accepted at list price of £7500 appears not to have gone through as the same one is relisted for sale again now 

Is everyone HODL'ing them ? given it is for the Coronation and only 100 of them, Ive only see a couple come to market

Is their no interest in them?

I remember a few chance super quick flips appearing on FeeBay at launch, were any confirmed sold ?

Has anyone seen any sales outside of UK in USA or Far East ? or on Facebook groups?

Wait until we see what the first graded PF70 sells for at auction ? to gauge market value 

I am normally clued up and can judge market sentiment on most things, but I'm on the fence with this, as a it seems a marmite type of release, love or hate it

Parting with £6,700 for 2oz of gold is a big chunk of chancing paying £3350oz on a 'hunch' it 'may' do well if the right two people want it a few years.  My gut says it could pay off down the line when times are better but my wallet says no

£6,700 invested in coronation year sovereigns would get me x18 bits of gold

HELP !! 😬🙄😕🤔

Any opinions, advice, help, guidance, insight would be much appreciated 

.kc1.jpg

.kc2.jpg

.kc3.jpg

.kc4.jpg

Edited by Paul

34 minutes ago, Timberwolf said:

2022 proof coins were a much smaller mintage, a significantly more popular monarch (all over the world) and an extremely exclusive event (70 years of rule). IMO the 2023 sovereigns will not be close to being in the same league, value wise, though that's just my opinion, I could be very wrong :)

Yeah I wasn't aware of the lower mintages, missed out as I knew nothing about proof coins at the time... I do have a few of the bullion 2022 Jubilee though.

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

In need of a little help guys, i was lucky enough to get the 2oz matt proof 'fully frosted' (shown below) upon release direct from the Mint at launch for RRP £5,495

Yesterday I have been offered another for £6,700  (so would be paying £1,205 over list RRP)

Whilst i have followed information here, I'm struggling to find any confirmed flips, re-sales, eBay sales, auction results of any of these 

i.e. anything actually selling over RRP 

The one sale on eBay UK i found for was "best offer" accepted at list price of £7500 appears not to have gone through as the same one is relisted for sale again now 

Is everyone HODL'ing them ? given it is for the Coronation and only 100 of them, Ive only see a couple come to market

Is their no interest in them?

I remember a few chance super quick flips appearing on FeeBay at launch, were any confirmed sold ?

Has anyone seen any sales outside of UK in USA or Far East ? or on Facebook groups?

Wait until we see what the first graded PF70 sells for at auction ? to gauge market value 

I am normally clued up and can judge market sentiment on most things, but I'm on the fence with this, as a it seems a marmite type of release, love or hate it

Parting with £6,700 for 2oz of gold is a big chunk of chancing paying £3350oz on a 'hunch' it 'may' do well if the right two people want it a few years.  My gut says it could pay off down the line when times are better but my wallet says no

£6,700 invested in coronation year sovereigns would get me x18 bits of gold

HELP !! 😬🙄😕🤔

Any opinions, advice, help, guidance, insight would be much appreciated 

.kc1.jpg

.kc2.jpg

.kc3.jpg

.kc4.jpg

Wow, very special coin! Honestly I would just keep the one you have, but then I'm more risk averse.