• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Slack

slack

Hi all, Im new here and hope I'm posting in correct place. I saw some discussion about the price of the new bullion memorial sovereign and a mention of around £400 was about average price but I've seen Buy-Bullion.com.uk selling them for £377 unless I'm missing something obvious that seem good to me for a new bullion coin, I hope I'm right and I hope the info is useful to someone. Slack

7 minutes ago, slack said:

Hi all, Im new here and hope I'm posting in correct place. I saw some discussion about the price of the new bullion memorial sovereign and a mention of around £400 was about average price but I've seen Buy-Bullion.com.uk selling them for £377 unless I'm missing something obvious that seem good to me for a new bullion coin, I hope I'm right and I hope the info is useful to someone. Slack

Did you mean Buy-Bullion.co.uk? All I see there is the previous bullion sovereign (the Jubilee one) for £377 and it's hard to tell if they even have it in stock.

37 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Did you mean Buy-Bullion.co.uk? All I see there is the previous bullion sovereign (the Jubilee one) for £377 and it's hard to tell if they even have it in stock.

that works out at a premium of about 3.2%, which is unrealistically low.

It is also a round number, whereas most live prices are not.

It looks like their prices are not live, and are not updated very often, possibly so you have to phone them.

The button saying "Request Availability" if a slight giveaway.

I don't like the fact that their home page majors on "Graded Gold", which makes me think they are not bullion dealers, but salesmen trying to flog highly priced slabbed coins. I may be wrong!

Their "About Us" page https://buy-bullion.co.uk/about/ refers to them as Buy Bullion, but the registered company number they give is 12997935.

The Companies House link:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12997935

It appears to have an issued share capital of £1

Is for a company called 

SOLOMON GLOBAL LTD

Company number 12997935

The nominet Domain Registration:

https://www.nominet.uk/lookup/

Includes:

DNS Delegation Signer (DS) records

This domain is not listed at the registry as using DNS Security Extension (DNSSEC) which means that DNS queries cannot be cryptographically verified. Since DNS queries cannot be verified it is technically possible for third parties to interfere with DNS lookups made for this domain. If this is your domain, you may wish to check if your DNS provider and registrar can help you upgrade to use DNSSEC.

The overall impreesion I get is not great!

😎

Chards

5 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

The nominet Domain Registration:

https://www.nominet.uk/lookup/

Includes:

DNS Delegation Signer (DS) records

This domain is not listed at the registry as using DNS Security Extension (DNSSEC) which means that DNS queries cannot be cryptographically verified. Since DNS queries cannot be verified it is technically possible for third parties to interfere with DNS lookups made for this domain. If this is your domain, you may wish to check if your DNS provider and registrar can help you upgrade to use DNSSEC.

The overall impreesion I get is not great!

I wouldn't worry about the DNSSEC issue.

Otherwise you should be worrying about it saying exactly the same thing for chards.co.uk 🤣

image.thumb.png.c630f8919741d2788f49cddd5e81d481.png

2 hours ago, slack said:

Is it Groundhog Day?

😎

Chards

Having been round the houses of new bullion dealers a few times before, I would advise (for the sake of a couple of quid or so) to buy from TSF (trusted people) or alternatively from a dealer who people here trust and have dealt with a lot of times before.

Sorry to be rigid in my thinking, but the reality of buying gold is that the margins are tight and I wouldn’t risk buying from a new dealer that no one else has used before.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

4 hours ago, slack said:

Not wanting to throw petrol on an old bonfire but is that including free postage? 

1 hour ago, dicker said:

Having been round the houses of new bullion dealers a few times before, I would advise (for the sake of a couple of quid or so) to buy from TSF (trusted people) or alternatively from a dealer who people here trust and have dealt with a lot of times before.

Sorry to be rigid in my thinking, but the reality of buying gold is that the margins are tight and I wouldn’t risk buying from a new dealer that no one else has used before.

Best

Dicker

Many thanks for the advice

14 hours ago, SheepStacker said:

Never heard of them. Have you used them before, or are affiliated in some way?

No, not connected to them in any way and not done any business with them, judging by the comments made here I think I'll steer clear untill I know they are more than a pretty website