• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Best place to buy from? Shipping to Ireland (EU)

Ape

Hi all, Anyone know where the best place to buy from Ireland is right now. Havent made a purchase in a awhile. For purely Bullion, cheapest price per ounce.

I havent purchased since Brexit.

• ChrisSilver changed the title to Best place to buy from? Shipping to Ireland (EU)
  • Founder & Administrator

I’ve moved your post to a new topic as the Gold Deals topic is for members to share deals they find.

Here members can answer your question rather than taking the other topic off topic. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I'm in the North unfortunately and the only thing near me is a cash4gold shop with some sketchy looking jewellery 😆 

Can I ask why brexit affects your buying?? I assumed you can still buy from Europe etc and there's no extra charges/vat?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

10 hours ago, Ape said:

Hi all, Anyone know where the best place to buy from Ireland is right now. Havent made a purchase in a awhile. For purely Bullion, cheapest price per ounce.

Where are you? If in the South nothing changed with Brexit.
Prices in Germany have popped up since the authorities got heavy on dealers and the tax being levied. i suggest goldsilver.be for silver.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

11 hours ago, James32 said:

I'm in the North unfortunately and the only thing near me is a cash4gold shop with some sketchy looking jewellery 😆 

Can I ask why brexit affects your buying?? I assumed you can still buy from Europe etc and there's no extra charges/vat?

E.g. If I buy from Bairds or Chards I believe I will get hit by additional charges on delivery. Significant charges...but not sure.

4 hours ago, sixgun said:

Prices in Germany have popped up since the authorities got heavy on dealers and the tax being levied. i suggest goldsilver.be for silver.

Im in the South alirght

1 minute ago, Ape said:

E.g. If I buy from Bairds or Chards I believe I will get hit by additional charges on delivery. Significant charges...but not sure.

Im in the South alirght

What about @sixgun's recommendation or europabullion.com?

Could always buy on here and have it shipped to Ireland?

39 minutes ago, Ape said:

Im in the South alirght

i am replying to you as a EU resident.
The cheaper silver was from goldsilver.be, European Mint and Germany.
The authorities in Germany are clamping down on the way dealers are interpreting the law and so prices have gone up for all EU customers.
Estonia has stopped the 0% VAT on silver coins so that avenue has closed for EU customers
goldsilver.be are still managing to sell reasonably priced silver coins when you compared with Germany as is now.

i am in the EU and buy from goldsilver.be. You should buy from there. Make sure you buy a decent amount b/c the shipping is 26€

The UK will ship to you in Ireland VAT free as it is an export out of the UK but you could well get hit with VAT as it comes into Ireland.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

15 hours ago, Ape said:

4 hours ago, sixgun said:

21 minutes ago, Ape said:

Im in the South alirght

I find it interesting and amusing that I have seen quite a number of enquiries here on TSF about best place to buy bullion in Ireland, especially since Brexit helped to cause extra Customs complications and charges.

Why: Well you have the high profile GoldCore in Dublin. Is there something wrong with them?

It's good to see you mention @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer. I know we have extra paperwork to do now, even compared with before Brexit, and this now affects "exports" to Northern Ireland, which is crazy. I did note you were in Eire, as I still tend to call Ireland, as it is less ambiguous.

The "additional charges on delivery" you mention; are these customs clearance fees?

You did not mention whether you are thinking about gold bullion, which is VAT exempt, or whether you thinking about silver, which is taxable.

I note the Topic is listed under "Home  Precious Metals  Gold", but it is still worth including the relevant metal in your title or text, something which about 50% of TSF members fail to realise.

I am tempted to ask "what about all our competitors who offer so-called free postage", but I would be being facetious.

I hope your final choice ends up with a local (to me) Blackpool dealer, even if it's only because there is also a Blackpool in Cork.

Not many people will know that years ago we set up an Irish company which my cousin ran from Cork where he was living at the time. We did so little business there that we closed it down when he moved.

You may find this useful:

https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/advice-guide-for-uk-bullion-investors/1041

Even though it is primarily for UK bullion investors.

😎

Chards

30 minutes ago, sixgun said:

The UK will ship to you in Ireland VAT free as it is an export out of the UK but you could well get hit with VAT as it comes into Ireland.

I can confirm this is correct. I have ordered small amounts of silver on 3 separate occassions since brexit from the UK, and customs will hold on to it until you pay VAT+customs charge

56 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Why: Well you have the high profile GoldCore in Dublin. Is there something wrong with them?

I have never used goldcore based on the fact that their pricing is really too high. If you take a monster box of brits, it averages out at 29,10€ per ounce. About 32-33€ per ounce for a tube. Definitely a few € per ounce cheaper from the likes of Europabullion or European mint. (Specifically for silver that is)

Edited by Alex944

7 hours ago, sixgun said:

i am replying to you as a EU resident.
The cheaper silver was from goldsilver.be, European Mint and Germany.
The authorities in Germany are clamping down on the way dealers are interpreting the law and so prices have gone up for all EU customers.
Estonia has stopped the 0% VAT on silver coins so that avenue has closed for EU customers
goldsilver.be are still managing to sell reasonably priced silver coins when you compared with Germany as is now.

i am in the EU and buy from goldsilver.be. You should buy from there. Make sure you buy a decent amount b/c the shipping is 26€

You could besides that site find through Gold.de, EuropeanMint and Goldsilver.be also add Europabullion. Good prices but perhaps a bite expensive shipping (36 Euro) and we´re insurance also is added to the prize. To the person who started the thread, they do ship to Ireland:

https://europabullion.com/14-silver-coins

https://europabullion.com/content/1-delivery-and-insurance

6 hours ago, Alex944 said:

I have never used goldcore based on the fact that their pricing is really too high. If you take a monster box of brits, it averages out at 29,10€ per ounce. About 32-33€ per ounce for a tube. Definitely a few € per ounce cheaper from the likes of Europabullion or European mint. (Specifically for silver that is)

I dont know why anyone with a brain would use Goldcore...pricing is horrendous.

3 percent premium on gold is around most I am willing to pay. 

19 minutes ago, erinil1 said:

You could besides that site find through Gold.de, EuropeanMint and Goldsilver.be also add Europabullion. Good prices but perhaps a bite expensive shipping (36 Euro) and we´re insurance also is added to the prize. To the person who started the thread, they do ship to Ireland:

Thanks, I had look at Gold.de and some interesting sites. Many don't deliver outside Germany. 

But this one seems like a good find, good prices on 1 oz....Anyone use these?

https://www.silber-werte.de/en/1-Kruegerrand

4 minutes ago, erinil1 said:

i haven't used Europabullion - i would have to cost it out. 

The shipping showed up as 26€ earlier on Goldsilver.be today which is less than i had remembered, now i check again it is 45€

1 tube of Bull Bear Tokelau 1 oz silver coin

Goldsilver.be 20 x 26,62€ = 532,40€
Shipping 45€
Total 577,40€

Europabullion 20 = 521,40€
Shipping 36€
Insurance @1,25% = 6,52€
Total 563,92€

So in this example Europabullion is cheaper.

You could go through examples - it might be for some coin orders Goldsilver.be is cheaper - i expect for the big orders of several thousand euros. There may be a coin in that Goldsilver.be doesn't have but on the whole i think the coins are cheaper at Goldsilver.be
i have used Goldsilver.be lots of times and never had a problem. The coins arrive superbly packaged - the plastic storage boxes i am using to this day. The arrival to me is very quick - it can be with me in a couple of days following dispatch. The last dispatch was a lot of orders all together which saved on shipping. 

5 minutes ago, Ape said:

Can anyone vouch for here as they are cheapest I can find for Gold anyway.

https://www.silber-werte.de/en/1-Kruegerrand

Is it significantly more advantageous to import gold into Ireland from Germany than from the UK (tax etc)? I ask because there have been a few Krugs for sale here on the forum recently for less than that (1819 EUR ~= £1612 currently). If importing from the UK works for you and you're happy to consider buying from a forum member rather than a dealer (or perhaps use BYB's intermediary service if he's happy to send outside of the UK) then perhaps consider getting a Silver Premium Membership and looking out for one here on the forum.

1 minute ago, Anteater said:

Is it significantly more advantageous to import gold into Ireland from Germany than from the UK (tax etc)? I ask because there have been a few Krugs for sale here on the forum recently for less than that (1819 EUR ~= £1612 currently). If importing from the UK works for you and you're happy to consider buying from a forum member rather than a dealer (or perhaps use BYB's intermediary service if he's happy to send outside of the UK) then perhaps consider getting a Silver Premium Membership and looking out for one here on the forum.

Completely agree, I think the only sticking point is insurance ( not sure royal mail covers that amount when posting out of uk) I could be wrong though. 

2 minutes ago, Anteater said:

Thanks for suggestion Anteater. I am only interested in going with reputable dealer to be honest. I cant trust people on the forum just yet. Sorry 🙃, rude but honest.

1 minute ago, Ape said:

Thanks for suggestion Anteater. I am only interested in going with reputable dealer to be honest. I cant trust people on the forum just yet. Sorry 🙃, rude but honest.

Understandable as your new, but if you hang around you will laugh at your own comment some day. As long as you read feedback and do a little due diligence, all will be fine. There's also an intermediary service through @BackyardBullion for a small fee, he proves the coin is genuine before you pay, then he posts to you personally. Plus he's likely posted items across most of the globe so will know if the South is viable or a non starter. 

10 hours ago, sixgun said:

i haven't used Europabullion - i would have to cost it out. 

The shipping showed up as 26€ earlier on Goldsilver.be today which is less than i had remembered, now i check again it is 45€

1 tube of Bull Bear Tokelau 1 oz silver coin

Goldsilver.be 20 x 26,62€ = 532,40€
Shipping 45€
Total 577,40€

Europabullion 20 = 521,40€
Shipping 36€
Insurance @1,25% = 6,52€
Total 563,92€

So in this example Europabullion is cheaper.

You could go through examples - it might be for some coin orders Goldsilver.be is cheaper - i expect for the big orders of several thousand euros. There may be a coin in that Goldsilver.be doesn't have but on the whole i think the coins are cheaper at Goldsilver.be
i have used Goldsilver.be lots of times and never had a problem. The coins arrive superbly packaged - the plastic storage boxes i am using to this day. The arrival to me is very quick - it can be with me in a couple of days following dispatch. The last dispatch was a lot of orders all together which saved on shipping. 

I'm in the oppsite position. I haved used Europabullion several different times without any problems at all and they have an excellent customer service. And quite often they also give out discounts on silver ranging from 1 to 3% which is quite nice. I would like they use goldsilver.be sometime but the online reputation of their customer service if their is any problem is something that makes me quite uncomfortable. 

Adding a few more worth checking out. Perhaps not in exactly the same situation as someone from Ireland but far from all European (aka German) resellers sell to all other EU-countries and that includes gold. The following sites have I ordered from atleast once (not necessarily gold) without any major problems or were they had a good customer service which we´re able to help me. The sites below that I haven´t find through gold.de I have mainly found on this forum and similar forums. When checking they all seem to deliver to Ireland. But be aware of the shipping costs, some sites have a very high shipping cost.

https://www.goldsilbershop.de/gold-kaufen-in-irland.html

https://www.metalmarket.eu/pl/info/wysylka-i-dostawa-531.html#accordion22

https://www.goldvorsorge.at/versandinfos

https://www.europeanmint.com/terms/#shipping

https://www.eldoradocoins.de/en/shipping 

https://www.coininvest.com/en/shipping-prices/

https://auragentum.de/versand-zahlung

Haven´t bought anything from the (yet) but the Austrian Mint which produces mainly the Philharmoniker could also be worth mentioning I feel. The Austrian equivalent to the Royal Mint in the UK. https://www.muenzeoesterreich.at/eng/info-centre/online/delivery-shipments