• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Best place to buy from? Shipping to Ireland (EU)

Ape

8 hours ago, Ape said:

Anyway that link I posted is 1819 which is a good price, Id be happy with that. Just dont want to be scammed.

I would be happy with that also.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

12 hours ago, Ape said:

Thanks, I had look at Gold.de and some interesting sites. Many don't deliver outside Germany. 

But this one seems like a good find, good prices on 1 oz....Anyone use these?

https://www.silber-werte.de/en/1-Kruegerrand

This site you found belongs to one of the best known German dealers so there shouldn't be any doubt about their trustworthiness.

Regarding your preference of buying from the dealer - from many points of view it's understandable, but there's one undeniable benefit of buying from the forum- you see exactly the coin you get. If you buy from a dealer, especially if it is a "various years" second-hand offer, the coin you get may have some imperfections. You never know until you open the package.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2023 at 20:52, Ape said:

For purely Bullion, cheapest price per ounce.

Already mentioned, but I can recommend metalmarket.eu, auragentum.de, and goldsilver.be (the last one has quite a costly shipping, but the orders can be combined)

• 1 year later...
On 29/01/2023 at 01:36, ak74 said:

Already mentioned, but I can recommend metalmarket.eu, auragentum.de, and goldsilver.be (the last one has quite a costly shipping, but the orders can be combined)

Unfortunately, combining/storing orders with goldsilver.be is not possible anymore as of this year. I asked them about it and the reply was this option is not possible anymore. The shipping costs (37 euro to the Netherlands, don't know about other countries) remain high sadly.

On 14/01/2023 at 20:52, Ape said:

Hi all, Anyone know where the best place to buy from Ireland is right now. Havent made a purchase in a awhile. For purely Bullion, cheapest price per ounce.

I havent purchased since Brexit.

One of the cheapest dealers in Germany that is also selling to other countries is this one:

https://www.heubach-edelmetalle.de/katalog/gold/goldmuenzen

Sending costs:

9.00€  1-100 EUR

12.00€ 101-500 EUR

19.00€ 501-1000 EUR

You can see here which coins are the cheapest, but as I said, not everyone is selling outside Germany:

https://www.gold.de/aufgeldtabelle/

Edited by Chronos

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/02/2024 at 17:08, Alexz said:

Unfortunately, combining/storing orders with goldsilver.be is not possible anymore as of this year. I asked them about it and the reply was this option is not possible anymore. The shipping costs (37 euro to the Netherlands, don't know about other countries) remain high sadly.

It is 59€ for Ireland... 🤔

Instagram: gildeon_67

On 15/01/2023 at 15:07, Britannia47 said:

‘Hecwould bevyour….’ ?  Bletchley Park encryption perhaps? It takes a split second to check a one liner for typos before sending!

He's grand, acting the maggot, he's bang on so he is, a good craic.

For the f****** eejits : He would be your man

Just now, Bratnia said:

He's grand, acting the maggot, he's bang on so he is, a good craic.

For the f****** eejits : He would be your man

ecking with a f looks to be a censored word, but can be a term of endearment in Ireland.

On 15/01/2023 at 11:38, sixgun said:

The UK will ship to you in Ireland VAT free as it is an export out of the UK but you could well get hit with VAT as it comes into Ireland.

Up to 10K Euros "cash" that includes gold coins such as Britannias entering into Ireland (including Northern Ireland) from the UK (GB) - doesn't have to be declared. Mindful however that Customs could confiscate ALL of your cash if the cash value is above 1K and if they have reasonable grounds to believe that it is the proceeds of or intended to be used for illegal purposes https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel-and-recreation/travel-to-ireland/customs-regulations-for-travellers/ That includes the collective sum of all parties in a travelling group (no 9K me, 9K the wife etc.). i.e. gold coins of at least 90% gold content are considered as being "cash". See also https://www.gov.uk/bringing-cash-into-uk about taking cash (including gold coins) into/out of the UK - that also identifies gold coins as being 'cash'.

https://www.bullionbypost.ie/info/how-to-buy-gold/vat-on-silver-gold/ outlines how 

Most bullion in Ireland is subject to Value Added Tax (VAT), which is at a set rate of 23%. The exception to the rule is gold bullion, which is VAT free - in the UK, Ireland, and the wider European Union. This means all of our gold bars and gold coins do not have any additional VAT charge on them

Looks to me that purchasing gold coins from GB into Ireland should be free of VAT, but perhaps best to declare it even if under 10K value (above 1K value) ... just in case you're accused of doing so for illicit purposes - which could otherwise risk having it being seized and the added complications of trying to get it back. Declaration entails disclosing passport/ID, address(es), who/where/when/how conveyed, the amount/value, the source of the value (wages/savings), the intended purpose of the value/spending.

Taxation wise, gold sold for a higher price than what was paid and its more a case of just declaring that gain as per any other 'currency' (cash) exchange rate gain. As though you perhaps bought US dollars at 1.50 dollars per pound/euro, and later exchanged back at 1.25 dollars per pound/euro, you made a 20% profit on FX (currency change benefit) and should declare/pay tax on that gain.

That's my reading of it, but I'm no expert in that field, just someone reading through/posting on the internet.

15 minutes ago, Bratnia said:

Up to 10K Euros "cash" that includes gold coins such as Britannias entering into Ireland (including Northern Ireland) from the UK (GB) - doesn't have to be declared. Mindful however that Customs could confiscate ALL of your cash if the cash value is above 1K and if they have reasonable grounds to believe that it is the proceeds of or intended to be used for illegal purposes https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel-and-recreation/travel-to-ireland/customs-regulations-for-travellers/ That includes the collective sum of all parties in a travelling group (no 9K me, 9K the wife etc.). i.e. gold coins of at least 90% gold content are considered as being "cash". See also https://www.gov.uk/bringing-cash-into-uk about taking cash (including gold coins) into/out of the UK - that also identifies gold coins as being 'cash'.

https://www.bullionbypost.ie/info/how-to-buy-gold/vat-on-silver-gold/ outlines how 

This is true but the conversation revolves around silver. Investment gold shouldn't be taxed.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

17 minutes ago, Bratnia said:

Looks to me that purchasing gold coins from GB into Ireland should be free of VAT, but perhaps best to declare it even if under 10K value (above 1K value) ... just in case you're accused of doing so for illicit purposes - which could otherwise risk having it being seized and the added complications of trying to get it back. Declaration entails disclosing passport/ID, address(es), who/where/when/how conveyed, the amount/value, the source of the value (wages/savings), the intended purpose of the value/spending.

Taxation wise, gold sold for a higher price than what was paid and its more a case of just declaring that gain as per any other 'currency' (cash) exchange rate gain. As though you perhaps bought US dollars at 1.50 dollars per pound/euro, and later exchanged back at 1.25 dollars per pound/euro, you made a 20% profit on FX (currency change benefit) and should declare/pay tax on that gain.

That's my reading of it, but I'm no expert in that field, just someone reading through/posting on the internet.

Again members are talking about silver where there are issues, where post-Brexit movement between the EU and GB gives rise of issues when moving silver.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Fundamentally the world still operates to a gold standard. Different countries manage that in different ways, but its the very bottom line base. In the US they compulsory purchased all gold and locked 8000+ tons of it away, and issued the Fed with non-redeemable gold notes at a $42.42/ounce price. So the more the dollar weakens to the more leverage the Fed has, at $4242/ounce price the Fed has 100x leverage. Canada sold all of its central banks gold - because it has tons of gold buried away (un-mined). The UK sold some of its gold to help start/prop up the then new Euro, and as it also holds many other countries gold in safe keeping (used to be the predominant global hub of accounting/law/banking expertise, and where gold bars were moved between different countries cages in reflection of trade surplus/deficit changes). Push come to shove, and each currency has its gold 'reserves' to fall back upon if/when the domestic fiat currency becomes over-stretched. As part of that all gold within the country is included, i.e. potential 'compulsory purchases/seizure' of private/individuals gold - but as a very last resort.  So as far as some countries are concerned gold held directly by the state, or more distributed across individual citizens ... is the same. As savers/investors in gold that is a key factor to be aware of. There is a risk that the state could at some point prohibit the movement of gold out of the country and compulsory purchase/seize your gold - by law, but likely only in very extreme cases. In reflection of that gold you may hold might be better placed if stored outside of your home country/beyond the reach of your state. Increasingly however states are making it more difficult if not impossible to hold gold privately/secretly. There is the argument that when the state knows where and how much you have - its no longer yours, its just a loan. In past generations it was considered none of anyone else's business how much they had/earned. In more recent times however and individuals have become much less caring about privacy, don't mind the state monitoring all their movements, actions, thoughts, wealth/assets. In effect people have willing accepted becoming prisoners/slaves of the state.

14 minutes ago, sixgun said:

This is true but the conversation revolves around silver. Investment gold shouldn't be taxed.

?

Gold section (not silver) and the OP indicates gold

On 12/02/2024 at 18:08, Alexz said:

I just ran through a dummy purchase up to the final stage - previously they gave you the option to keep the coins there - it was 6 € for each purchase lot of coins as I remember. 
This is a bit of blow they have stopped doing it. I used this facility a lot, getting some silver quite often and then having shipped when I felt it was enough and cost effective. I have found another source (private) which works out better for me so I probably won't use goldsilver.be nearly as much now, especially with their punitive shipping charges. They used to have free shipping with larger purchases but that went a few years ago.