• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

They say they will be a high grade so I am willing to pay a couple of quid more. Plus I like being given the choice of what monarch/head I want, everyone has there preference so it eliminates that fingers crossed and see what turns up element

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed I would be happy to pay for quality and choice of monarch, so long as this is the case of quality every time. My experience with buying shield half sovs has been hit and miss with HGM in the past with some being returned, but at least they are willing to accept returns.

6 hours ago, KDave said:

HGM are separating out the different monarchs and charging a little bit more for them. Currently have Victoria VH, Edward and George all at higher premium. I wonder if that means they will be in better condition? Or does best value sovereign equate to Elizabeth I sovereign now. 

Good luck to them, a business decision. It may work out for them, it may not. Business can't have been easy lately; spot all over the place and I notice some coins have been sticking around a while.

Saves me phoning up and asking for the heads I want.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I haven't bought that much from them lately as I find shield sovs and especially halves go in under 1 or 2 minute.  There is no way I'm paying the extra for a jubilee half so I usually miss out.  I can often buy a known grade and year from a dealer for around the same price in many cases now once I have haggled the price slightly.  This is much better than paying for an unknown grade from HGM.  I've had a few that look exmount judging by the dirt in places where the mount clasp would have been or are dinted.

I don't think many of the staff are experienced enough to give you a good estimate as to the grade etc,.

5 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Anyone get any info on the 1/4 sovs on HGM.  10+ then gone quickly.   Must have been a popular one

We're sorry but this item is currently out of stock.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

On 2017-6-2 at 14:31, KDave said:

HGM are separating out the different monarchs and charging a little bit more for them. Currently have Victoria VH, Edward and George all at higher premium. I wonder if that means they will be in better condition? Or does best value sovereign equate to Elizabeth I sovereign now. 

I bought these 2 for 257, i knew they were G&D and knew they were 8quid more than i could get them for elsewhere at the time but i like lucky dip what can i say :D.

They were both Melbourne mint, i believe both scarce by marsh and in very good grade. I doubt they will all be good grade, i received a half a few days ago that is a complete dog, its a lower year so may keep it not sure yet!

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

11 minutes ago, WelshStacker said:

Anyone bought from London gold bullion before?. They're selling a 1/4 Gold Queens Beast Griffin for £267.85.

https://www.londongoldbullion.co.uk/gold-coins-c4/united-kingdom-c9/queens-beast-griffin-1-4-oz-gold-coin-p373

Owned by James Stunt, husband of Petra Ecclestone.  I'd be comfortable buying from that website... and might at that price.

Archived