• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

HM The Queen Elizabeth II

• Foster88 changed the title to HM The Queen Elizabeth II
4 hours ago, Foster88 said:

I may divide opinion posting this, but I think I feel as many others do on this forum, despite the news as of late, that today’s news has been a shock.

This is a huge shock, albeit expected, given HM The Queens ageing years. She’s the only monarch that those under 70 years old has known.

I’ve read some not so many dislikable and distasteful comments on the forum today.

But, I think, no matter what one’s own option is that HM The Queen has given so much to all of us. A duty to the end.

But above all she was a mother, grandmother and a great-grandmother mother.

I’ve looked in and out of the forum this afternoon and this evening. But no matter wether you’re a modern stacker, an old stacker, a collector of Gillick sovereigns or modern releases, be that the Tudor Beast’s or The Monarchs collection with Edward VII resale imminent.

Many people, like myself of this country and also most people of the forum, feel a ‘shift’, a change, has happened today. Within a day a changing of the guard as it were.

HM The Queen’s passing is a great loss to our country of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

I wasn’t sure wether to share this with the the wider forum but I will, as I feel I’m mostly amongst friends, but HM The Queen awarded my grandfather with his MBE some 20 years ago.

It was the happiest day of my grandfathers life.

He said to me “She was gracious, warm, kind and showed an interest in my achievement at the same time.”

We are at the end of an era. Regardless of what we collect or stack, we are at the end of a remarkable era.

I watched the news today, as many others did, the announcement of HM The Queen’s passing and I’m not ashamed to say, I shed a tear when the news was announced.

But, albeit a fictional character, Padding Bear had the right words for HM The Queen’s reign at her Platinum Jubilee in one sentence “Thank you Ma’am, for everything”.

Lastly, I’ll leave this photograph of HM The Queen.

How beautiful she looked. How beautiful she’ll remain.

This is very odd to write on the forum, but here goes.

GOD SAVE THE KING.

C4A7A10E-D598-4D02-847B-F373756B1EE3.jpeg

couldnt have said it better matey..

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

6 hours ago, Foster88 said:

I wasn’t sure whether to share this with the the wider forum but I will, as I feel I’m mostly amongst friends, but HM The Queen awarded my grandfather with his MBE some 20 years ago.

I watched the news today

But, albeit a fictional character, Padding Bear had the right words for HM The Queen’s reign at her Platinum Jubilee in one sentence “Thank you Ma’am, for everything”.

GOD SAVE THE KING.

a) I'm still waitinig for mine!

b) A Day in the Life?

c) Who is his scriptwriter?

d) Well said.

We also drank a toast last night to King Charles III, the Duke of Lancaster.

😎

Chards

Well said, @Foster88.

Although it is not surprising that The Queen has died, I was very much saddened to hear the news of her death and the speed at which she had declined and then ultimately died over the last few days.

I am not one given to crying, but I shed a tear last night and this morning.  A long life, very well lived.

6 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

a) I'm still waitinig for mine!

b) A Day in the Life?

c) Who is his scriptwriter?

d) Well said.

We also drank a toast last night to King Charles III, the Duke of Lancaster.

😎

We used to call awards like this in the army MBE (My Bloody Efforts) and soldiers and junior officer could achieve them  OBE (Other Buggers Efforts!) becuase it's normally brigadeers and generals got the latter.

Rest in peace ERII

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454