• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Cash out my Bitcoin?

10 hours ago, Mightymogs said:

I am definitely in PM's for the long haul. My issue with BC was that I fear for its future in that it's not tangable. Nor are other forms of money but PMs are shiny and you can hold them. Therefore as a certified magpie I've cashed most of the BC out and bought PMs instead. 15-20 years is my plan. Although I haven't quite worked out the exit strategy yet 😉

I think the general emotion under crypto-owners is fear right now. Which is good for new investors tbh. 

A lot dumping crypto, making it a good time to buy for new investors. 

52 minutes ago, Jvw said:

I think the general emotion under crypto-owners is fear right now. Which is good for new investors tbh. 

I definitely agree, however for me the PMs just feel slightly more stable and I don't mind the long haul. Also the conflicting information surrounding the viability of BC as a payment method, tends to put me off. Most of my money was in BC as the daddy. I'd definitely keep an eye on the latest information surrounding up and coming tech though. But for now the PMs get the nod, especially with the crash coming.

30 minutes ago, Mightymogs said:

I definitely agree, however for me the PMs just feel slightly more stable and I don't mind the long haul. Also the conflicting information surrounding the viability of BC as a payment method, tends to put me off. Most of my money was in BC as the daddy. I'd definitely keep an eye on the latest information surrounding up and coming tech though. But for now the PMs get the nod, especially with the crash coming.

I agree also. I don't invest in crypto, never did and never will. I applaud everyone that made money with them!

3 hours ago, Jvw said:

If it makes you feel better I was holding FUBUTV for months at -75%
it was short squeezed 84% Tuesday and I even got a 10% profit. :)

Your not alone - everyone is piling in on the tech sector now (ignoring crypto). 
The sentiment is buy the dip as its going back to all time highs. 
What they dont realise is most hedge fund managers & institutions are on summer holidays. 
Its a total retail investor set up I think, thats what the markets are designed to do including crypto. 
Its always the retail that gets in last as its being so heavily pumped & promoted, then they pull the rug. 

Best guess - $13k soon when it breaks support - maybe into the $12's.
Im considering starting to buy then, but only a small position. 
The key is the pre cough-ed highs  for a decent longer term bounce. 

Mid term elections coming up so they wont do anything too drastic. 

My philosophy on investing is, observe where everyone else is heading and do something different. If all the money is heading somewhere it tells you one of two things:

1) It's soaking up investors and you're heading into bubble territory.

2) You're late to the party.

The best money is made by finding something before it becomes an investment.

Unloved and unpopular things have the best potential. I might start hoarding genuine 1970s wallpaper - at the moment no one wants it. 😁

Edited by SidS

9 hours ago, Mightymogs said:

Also the conflicting information surrounding the viability of BC as a payment method,

I read this yesterday. Not sure how true it is but bitcoin not seen anywhere. 

Screenshot_20220818-175647-832.thumb.png.186618214375ff1438fecb1d7280df1a.png

43 minutes ago, Mightymogs said:

Maybe that strengthens my decision ☺️

Who knows? Unfortunately it's impossible to believe anything in the crypto space. I would have to fact check every one of them which have no time for, my instinct says it's fake as eyes are drawn to Talos chain. 

4 hours ago, SidS said:

My philosophy on investing is, observe where everyone else is heading and do something different. If all the money is heading somewhere it tells you one of two things:

1) It's soaking up investors and you're heading into bubble territory.

2) You're late to the party.

The best money is made by finding something before it becomes an investment.

Unloved and unpopular things have the best potential. I might start hoarding genuine 1970s wallpaper - at the moment no one wants it. 😁

Agreed.

For me, early English Oak and Elm furniture, frequently disparaged as “brown” furniture is dreadfully out of fashion. Purchasing a 1590’s table (for example) which has been used but not molested and is in stunning condition, is in my opinion a strong buy.  Coffers of this age go for relative peanuts.  

Not my circus, not my monkeys

On 16/08/2022 at 23:55, Stacktastic said:

Interesting - anything to back that up as I love Platinum. best metal I have owned, so would happily buy more if it gets back to £650 LOL. 
Which i recon it will??? was it £400 in 2020 or did i imagine that??? 

I read the article in more detail rather than a skip through. The title was misleading in that it conflated the digital rouble and platinum backed coin.

I found a better explanation of the platinum backed token here https://cointelegraph.com/news/token-will-defeat-cryptocurrency-russia-debuts-palladium-backed-stablecoin

The digital rouble can be found here https://cointelegraph.com/news/russia-plans-to-roll-out-digital-ruble-across-all-banks-in-2024

Edited by HillWalkerDundee

10 hours ago, dicker said:

Agreed.

For me, early English Oak and Elm furniture, frequently disparaged as “brown” furniture is dreadfully out of fashion. Purchasing a 1590’s table (for example) which has been used but not molested and is in stunning condition, is in my opinion a strong buy.  Coffers of this age go for relative peanuts.  

It's funny but I was thinking of brown furniture too.

I've been steadily buying second hand furniture. Currently standing at an Edwardian mahogany bureau, a large oak and pine chest of drawers of Victorian vintage, a mahogany Victorian wardrobe, and a decent 1970s-80s era solid oak bookcase. There's also a reproduction Chippendale chair also Victorian and an art deco sideboard I inherited.

Basically the majority of my furniture is old and it's all brown. I love mahogany.

I see a brighter future for it, as it's already at rock bottom - even if it's simply as a source of timber for dismantling and recycling into newer styles.

16 hours ago, ArgentSmith said:

Bitcoin isn't a "blockchain company"

I was thinking that LOL. 

Interesting that Marathon is not on there. Guess its too big & Chinese (I think).
Would be nice for them to buy up Argo Block chain, I still think it will perform massively at some point. :)   

Im going to buy Mara when Bitcoin dumps heavily, average in or trade, not sure yet??

Edited by Stacktastic

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/07/2022 at 20:58, Mightymogs said:

This may have been discussed before, but the lull and subsequent annoyingly predictive daily up and down of Bitcoin has left me less than Impressed. Question is, do I just cut the albeit small losses and just buy PM with it all or leave it alone? 

Totally up to you of course, however nobody has lost on bitcoin who has held for at least 5 years. I started buying in 2017 at my time horizon for bitcoin is at least 10 years +

At one point I had several hundred oz of physical silver, which I never intended to take delivery of (had a vague plan to hold in vault and sell back to dealer at a later date), however dealer told me I had to take delivery at short notice, and I did find it a pain to liquidate, although I did ok out of it

Bitcoin has many advantages over precious metal, but I can only suggest you do your own homework and make your own mind up

My advice is, don't take my advice, or anyone else's 🤪

On 08/09/2022 at 15:18, BDTH said:

My advice is, don't take my advice, or anyone else's 🤪

Very valuable that.

Im gonna set a signature saying just that as I know a bit but at the same time nothing about trading and investing really, but its easy to believe people with a bit more skill than you. I fell for one members pumping and stupidly bought a blockchain stock - currently at -85%. £1000 down the pan. I think he came up with £1 million quid Bitcoin thread, which sums up his bandwagon sentiment. ;) 

Edited by Stacktastic