• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Advice please on 1 Kg Silver coins

Hello,

I am somewhat out of the loop at the moment having been hospitalised.

I am still looking for a Perth Mint 1 kg. silver lunar coin or preferably a Panda.

The only 1 Kg coins I can find are with Atkinsons at a price of £879. Do you think that this is a good deal? The premium seems high?

I should also like advice on the sale of  a boxed set of 10 Oz Queens Beasts ( 10 coins no completer) and  a date run of 10 oz Koalas (2008-2015)

Thanks ,

Frank

42 minutes ago, Lucylucy said:

Hello,

I am somewhat out of the loop at the moment having been hospitalised.

I am still looking for a Perth Mint 1 kg. silver lunar coin or preferably a Panda.

The only 1 Kg coins I can find are with Atkinsons at a price of £879. Do you think that this is a good deal? The premium seems high?

I should also like advice on the sale of  a boxed set of 10 Oz Queens Beasts ( 10 coins no completer) and  a date run of 10 oz Koalas (2008-2015)

Thanks ,

Frank

I hope it was not a hernia suffered through lifting monster boxes of one kilo silver coins.

I posted this recently:

£879 does sound expensive, but...

https://www.chards.co.uk/2022-koala-silver-one-kilogram-coin-perth-mint/15153

£724 plus postage as I am writing this.

Of course, the kilo silver coin at Atkinsons does include "Free UK Delivery". Does this make it worth £155 more?

@ChardsCoinandBullionDealer do have other Australian kilo silver coins in stock, and did have a proof panda some time ago.

😎

Chards

7 minutes ago, Robda1986 said:

Ouch depends how badly you want it. I tried selling a kilo lunar dragon at 20% over spot on here and zero interest so Im passing on kilo coins as bars seem to be more desirable 

Some people  / buyers don't appreciate a good deal when they see one.

"as bars seem to be more desirable" - absolute nonsense!

😎

Chards

9 minutes ago, Orpster said:

That seems about right for a 1kg coin, you would be able to pick up a kilo bar a fair bit cheaper but the coins always have their premium.  I have been looking at the 1kg QB Completer at Bairds think that worked out about £820.  Might be worth seeing if Chards have any 'minty' ones on the special VAT scheme that can work out cheaper.

Your 10oz QB's not so sure, if you do sell on here though I would possibly be interested.  I have bought some individually for between £250 & £285, but seen some up for over the £300 mark

"Might be worth seeing if Chards have any 'minty' ones on the special VAT scheme that can work out cheaper."

Brand new ones actually!

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, Lucylucy said:

Get well quick Frank 👍🏼 

For me at current spot price £879 sounds fairly high. 

In terms of selling the 10 Oz if you have the option to wait for silver price to rise that might be favourable. You would surely get more £ back in your pocket selling here on the forum as opposed to having to post them off to a dealer, there is potentially a little less work on your part selling to a dealer but also less £ to you as they'll need to make their margin. 

18 hours ago, Lucylucy said:

I should also like advice on the sale of  a boxed set of 10 Oz Queens Beasts ( 10 coins no completer) and  a date run of 10 oz Koalas (2008-2015

If you do come to sell please let me know. After the greyhound to complete the set. 

Sorry to hear about you being in hospital! 

Thank you everyone,

Could anyone give me a reasonable asking price for the set of 10 oz Queens Beasts (10) boxed and the 8 (10 oz) Koalas boxed?

Thank you - I do need to sell these items.

Frank

• 4 weeks later...