• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Gold Sovereign

9 hours ago, Scootermuppet said:

Interesting... ok...  🤔

And what did you have for breakfast before you ordered? ooh, and was it raining at all?

🤭 🤣

He was part way through his cornflakes when he joined the queue for the SOTD, and was enjoying his fish supper when he managed to place his order.

😎

Chards

2 hours ago, Scootermuppet said:

A bullion one, yes... but guessing the proofs will fly out?  🤔

2 hours ago, SovereignBishop said:

Im not so sure. Its just a standard sovereign not a special design.

Could be the last one with the Queen on it though, god forbid.

2 hours ago, GoldStatue said:

That's crazy, they haven't even finished releasing the 2022's yet, aren't we due another SOTD and a normal issue proof piedfort?

For the 2023 sovereign my money would be a pimped up privy proof and normal issue bullion, they'll just keep it to the standard format they have been following recently.

If the RM restore the silver content, and make them the original historic yellow colour, then they could be special. It only requires about 3 parts per thousand of silver to make a difference.

I suspect it won't happen, but we can all hope.

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

14 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

If the RM resore the silver content, and make them the original historic yellow colour, then they could be special. It only requires about 3 parts per thousand of silver to make a difference.

I suspect it won't happen, but we can all hope.

😎

That would be a very nice thing indeed!

12 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

and 2017!

2023s -probably similar dates to the 2022 releases, for both uncs and proofs.

I'm already thinking ahead to the 2024s.

😎

12 hours ago, Darr3nG said:

link?

12 hours ago, Scootermuppet said:

Ooh yes - the 2017 - Was that another Proof Only year 🤔 like 1989?

And sorry to sound like a complete n00b (mainly because I am when it comes to Sovereigns) - when was the 2022 released?

Our impression of a likely 2024 gold sovereign:

2024elizabethiifullsovereigngoldbullionrev-MOCKUP1400.thumb.jpg.295d41bc22e3216a9ca8b24994c4a64c.jpg

Of course, the actual design might be different.

No link yet, give us time!

Chards

Time for a comparison photo!

Please stop complaining about the colour/alloy of the Sovereign!

Of course there's a clue in the name - 'GOLD' Sovereign  That's what's on the tin. It says 'GOLD ' and therefore should look like 'GOLD'. The RM conducted extensive market research before changing the colour etc. 

Apparently they asked the girls in the accounts office at Llantrisant for their views. They said wouldn't it be nice to use 'Rose' gold to match their 9ct gold jewellery!! The rest is history as they say. - True story (Honest)!!😁

As I said on LCs blog a few years back, what is missing from the 2017 version of the original 1817 are the initials WWP on the belt buckle. Perhaps the RM thought that collectors would be too stupid to notice!

IMG_E3283 (2).JPG

20 minutes ago, Britannia47 said:

Time for a comparison photo!

Please stop complaining about the colour/alloy of the Sovereign!

Of course there's a clue in the name - 'GOLD' Sovereign  That's what's on the tin. It says 'GOLD ' and therefore should look like 'GOLD'. The RM conducted extensive market research before changing the colour etc. 

Apparently they asked the girls in the accounts office at Llantrisant for their views. They said wouldn't it be nice to use 'Rose' gold to match their 9ct gold jewellery!! The rest is history as they say. - True story (Honest)!!😁

As I said on LCs blog a few years back, what is missing from the 2017 version of the original 1817 are the initials WWP on the belt buckle. Perhaps the RM thought that collectors would be too stupid to notice!

IMG_E3283 (2).JPG

That would indicate that it is

Weally, Weally Precious!

(As in "where's your wheelie bin")

😎

Chards

13 hours ago, Scootermuppet said:

Ooh yes - the 2017 - Was that another Proof Only year 🤔 like 1989?

And sorry to sound like a complete n00b (mainly because I am when it comes to Sovereigns) - when was the 2022 released?

That is not a stupid question.

Do you know when 1925 gold sovereigns were issued?

You may not, but I am sure a good number of TSF regulars will know.

Who will be the first to post an all correct answer?

😎

Chards

12 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

That is not a stupid question.

Do you know when 1925 gold sovereigns were issued?

You may not, but I am sure a good number of TSF regulars will know.

Who will be the first to post an all correct answer?

😎

1949?🤡

Just now, Petra said:

1949?🤡

1949 - 51🤡

25 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Charli XCX...? 🤔

No. wait... that's a singing woman isn't it...? 🤭

Good one!

How I'm Feeling Now about that?

I need to get back to some more photos of Dirty Sexy Money particularly Gold Coins

Before the End of the World 

I'm Not Sorry for all these song titles or What You Think About Me, although I hope it is You're the One rather than Yuck Yet Again.

Have we started something here?

😎

Chards

As part of my day job I suggested to a client,  a London based bullion dealer, to create the 2023 pages for all their bullion ranges as people were already searching for them on Google and there was limited competition. When they receive the stock they're already up there on page one :D

Edited by pillowcat2012

2 hours ago, pillowcat2012 said:

As part of my day job I suggested to a client,  a London based bullion dealer, to create the 2023 pages for all their bullion ranges as people were already searching for them on Google and there was limited competition. When they receive the stock they're already up there on page one 

I can't see who that is!

:D

Chards

10 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I can't see who that is!

:D

I can't reveal client name but they're there for 2023 sovereign, half sovereign, 2023 gold britannia terms. Site is due to be revamped due to terrible slow platform, but the pages are there :D

In theory you can create 2024/2025 pages already, not in your navigation and have them sit there saying "awaiting stock". But if you've already got a strong website it's not necessary to get ahead early with the creation of these pages.

I’m waiting for gold to go sub 1350 ,to,pick u some 2022 sovs and some doubles 

but I Have to say that straight year on the 2023 if that’s what it’s gonna look like is rather cool