• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Harry Potter coins coming soon?

Sharron

Are the Royal Mint serious? I know people are still waiting for coins from last and early this year including me. The King George I Monarchs that was supposed to be released in June is delayed till whenever and now, the RM are issuing a collection of Harry Potter coins???? Is it me or are they possibly taking on too much and should be getting earlier released coins out to there customers before issuing another series?

Screenshot_20220630-152415_Yahoo Mail.jpg

4 hours ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

A few info were given by Chard when he posted the proclamation in here:

I think it mentioned at least 4 coins, with Harry, Dumbledore, the train and the school.

That's less than I thought...I assumed it was going to be a bigger series... I'm not into Harry Potter..but know many are..what I was trying to get across is....since December til now there have been many releases that we are still waiting  for! And then the RM release yet another series when they havnt sent the coins we purchased months ago..so my question is...if we are still waiting for our purchases for so long and now they advertise the release of another series.....shouldn't the RM fulfill the coins released many months ago before they knock out another series of new coins?? Maybe again its me but ..members on here do not seem to find this unusual that they are still waiting months for purchases they have made,and paid for and still waiting to receive there coins...and the RM are now going to release another series of coins...?????????😒😒🤔🤔

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had an email from RM about Harry Potter release, its not long now 

Spellbinding News From
The Royal Mint - Harry Potter

Join us right here at 7pm BST on Thursday 8 September for some enchanting news from The Royal Mint

We are thrilled to announce that we will be releasing a new collection of UK coins celebrating 25 years since the publication of J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, a book that continues to inspire a love of reading in countless people all over the world. The idea for Harry Potter, the boy in glasses who didn’t yet know he was a wizard, first came to J.K. Rowling during a delayed train journey from Manchester to London. From that moment of magic, the Boy Who Lived was imagined into being – an unassuming, eleven-year-old hero destined to face terrible danger, but also find greatness within himself. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone was published by Bloomsbury Children’s Books in 1997, the first of J.K. Rowling’s spellbinding adventures of Harry Potter, and his unforgettable friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. In 2015, Bloomsbury commissioned artist Jim Kay to create the first fully illustrated edition of J.K. Rowling’s classic story.

Sign up to take part in an enchanting event streamed live from The Royal Mint Experience. Taking place at 7pm BST on Thursday, 8 September 2022, just a few days after the Hogwarts Express takes students to start a new term at a magical school, we will be unveiling the first coin design in the series. There will also be a panel discussion, where you will have the opportunity to send in questions for our expert panel to discuss. "

Anyone joining this RM launch thingy tonight for the "HARRY POTTER"   Royal Mint PR spin-a-thon tonight before launch ?

I will be out for my pool league tonight so will miss it - report back/share if anything insightful of useful info is dropped/  please share it here int he thread

Got a feeling this one may do OK with the worldwide appeal of Potter etc. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Anyone joining this RM launch thingy tonight for the "HARRY POTTER"   Royal Mint PR spin-a-thon tonight before launch ?

I will be out for my pool league tonight so will miss it - report back/share if anything insightful of useful info is dropped/  please share it here int he thread

Got a feeling this one may do OK with the worldwide appeal of Potter etc. 

it’s been cancelled.

Will be partaking of the Potters though.

Just now, Chrisplym said:

Thanks for sharing Paul. There will undoubtedly be high demand for anything Harry Potter, but not sure what I think about the design. What is everyone else’s view?

It's not quite what I expected and I'm still thinking about whether I'll buy one. I guess we'll all have a little longer to think about that now.

I'm not even a Potter fan really but I was pretty excited about it ever since I saw the die for one of the later 50p coins being made, although at that point it was incomplete so all I could tell was that there would be a Harry Potter coin of some type. A few weeks ago I was also fortunate enough to handle one of the completed 1oz dies for the first coin. I was surprised by the hologram feature as I've only seen that sort of thing on the newer bullion britannias.

I don't know why it has a 16 sided border design though, does that have any significance in Potter land?

25 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

It's not quite what I expected and I'm still thinking about whether I'll buy one. I guess we'll all have a little longer to think about that now.

I'm not even a Potter fan really but I was pretty excited about it ever since I saw the die for one of the later 50p coins being made, although at that point it was incomplete so all I could tell was that there would be a Harry Potter coin of some type. A few weeks ago I was also fortunate enough to handle one of the completed 1oz dies for the first coin. I was surprised by the hologram feature as I've only seen that sort of thing on the newer bullion britannias.

I don't know why it has a 16 sided border design though, does that have any significance in Potter land?

The fantasy world uses the traditional gold/silver/bronze paradigm, I don't recall any relevance of an hexadecagonal shaped coin in the books and, if I remember correctly, they were round coins in the films.

It's probably just a novelty to make them more original and appeal to a younger audience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...