• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

UK joins ban on imports of Russian gold

The UK, US, Canada and Japan will ban imports of Russian gold in an effort to hit Moscow's ability to fund the war in Ukraine.

Gold exports were worth £12.6bn ($15.4bn) to Russia in 2021, and the UK says their importance has increased since the invasion as oligarchs rush to buy bullion to avoid sanctions.

Full article here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61941589

2 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

4 countries so far, will be interesting to see how many others join.

You can guarantee the BRICS countries wont be!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

8 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Annoyingly the BBC website won't let me view that unless I disable my VPN, which I use for business security, and misinforms me "404 Page cannot be found".

But how meaningful is that headline "Ukraine war: UK joins ban on imports of Russian gold", when:

Switzerland Imports Russian Gold for First Time Since War

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-21/switzerland-imports-russian-gold-for-first-time-since-invasion

Widely reported on many other news channels.

Bloomberg:

"Switzerland imported gold from Russia for the first time since the invasion of Ukraine, showing the industry’s stance toward the nation’s precious metals may be softening. 

More than 3 tons of gold was shipped to Switzerland from Russia in May, according to data from the Swiss Federal Customs Administration. That’s the first shipment between the countries since February. 

The shipments represent about 2% of gold imports into the key refining hub last month. It may also mark a change in perception of Russian bullion, which became taboo following the invasion. Most refiners swore off accepting new gold from Russia after the London Bullion Market Association removed the country’s own fabricators from its accredited list. 

While that was viewed as a de facto ban on fresh Russian gold from the London market, one of the world’s biggest, the rules don’t prohibit Russian metal from being processed by other refiners. Switzerland is home to four major gold refineries, which together handle two-thirds of the world’s gold."

?

😎

Chards

Id imagine the EU will ban it also. but then thats your lot, you know why all these countries will/have? because they are all bankrupt, by the devaluation of each of their currencies....

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

9 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Annoyingly the BBC website won't let me view that unless I disable my VPN, which I use for business security, and misinforms me "404 Page cannot be found".

But how meaningful is that headline "Ukraine war: UK joins ban on imports of Russian gold", when:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-21/switzerland-imports-russian-gold-for-first-time-since-invasion

Bloomberg:

"Switzerland imported gold from Russia for the first time since the invasion of Ukraine, showing the industry’s stance toward the nation’s precious metals may be softening. 

More than 3 tons of gold was shipped to Switzerland from Russia in May, according to data from the Swiss Federal Customs Administration. That’s the first shipment between the countries since February. 

The shipments represent about 2% of gold imports into the key refining hub last month. It may also mark a change in perception of Russian bullion, which became taboo following the invasion. Most refiners swore off accepting new gold from Russia after the London Bullion Market Association removed the country’s own fabricators from its accredited list. 

While that was viewed as a de facto ban on fresh Russian gold from the London market, one of the world’s biggest, the rules don’t prohibit Russian metal from being processed by other refiners. Switzerland is home to four major gold refineries, which together handle two-thirds of the world’s gold."

?

😎

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10954069/Biden-anounces-G7-ban-Russian-gold-response-Ukraine-war.html

You may be able to read about it on the Daily Fail instead, also probably get to know Putin's house value and how immigrants are probably all to blame for this 

7 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Bloomberg:

?

😎

I was allways wondering, which gold was used for those 19,2 million 1947/1949 20 Fr. Vrenelis (around 111t fine gold). 

5 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

More than 3 tons of gold was shipped to Switzerland from Russia in May, according to data from the Swiss Federal Customs Administration. That’s the first shipment between the countries since February

From the Zerohedge page...... Biden, G7 will ban Russian Gold

The association for Swiss refiners, which dominate the industry, denied that its members bought gold from Russia after trade data indicated the nation’s bullion had entered the country.

This is gonna be good for a tamp to £1200....    /s

The Swiss don't need to import Russian gold, or blood gold. They can simply import nice clean Dubai gold.

This gives some insight:

https://www.icij.org/investigations/pandora-papers/pandora-papers-reveal-emirati-royal-families-role-in-secret-money-flows/

There are numerous other sites and stories involving Dubai, gold, and dubious dealings.

😎

Chards

21 minutes ago, CANV said:

well being as they were a bunch of hill farmers up until WW2 yes.. one would ask some questions.  

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/historical-book_from-nazis-to-refineries--how-switzerland-has-handled-the-world-s-gold/45037968