• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver break out

I would like the opinions of experienced stackers/investors i have been collecting for about 4 years although having reached my target in ounces 18 months ago i have since then only purchased the odd coin we have had covid the subsequent money printing particularly America rising inflation the supply chain issues Ukraine's war and yet silver seems to be stuck at around £17-£19 spot price nothing seems to shift its price my question is with all the shocks to the world economy since 2020 and the so called bullion experts saying it will rise soon why has it done so

20 minutes ago, dutchman said:

Why has it not done so?

Presume you meant. My answer would be paper derivatives, just look at Nickel for what happens when markets break! Just relax and ignore the "price charts".

Just be patient as silver is priced far too low in my opinion.
If I am wrong then gold is due a crash when we are not expecting it, so I limit to buying necessary coins only for set continuity.

23 hours ago, dutchman said:

I would like the opinions of experienced stackers/investors i have been collecting for about 4 years although having reached my target in ounces 18 months ago i have since then only purchased the odd coin we have had covid the subsequent money printing particularly America rising inflation the supply chain issues Ukraine's war and yet silver seems to be stuck at around £17-£19 spot price nothing seems to shift its price my question is with all the shocks to the world economy since 2020 and the so called bullion experts saying it will rise soon why has it done so

23 hours ago, ady said:

Presume you meant. My answer would be paper derivatives, just look at Nickel for what happens when markets break! Just relax and ignore the "price charts".

16 hours ago, Pete said:

Just be patient as silver is priced far too low in my opinion.
If I am wrong then gold is due a crash when we are not expecting it, so I limit to buying necessary coins only for set continuity.

According to one TSF member, silver was just about to sink to about $4 or £4 per ounce, but this was a few years ago, and he has not been particularly active recently, although he had been very vocal at the time. I saw his name mentioned a few days ago, but can't remember it offhand. I am sure someone will remind us.

This blog page might be useful, https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/gold-silver-ratio-and-its-effect-on-silver-price/241 and it also contains a link to a longer page about the Gold:Silver ratio.

😎

Chards

6 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

According to one TSF member, silver was just about to sink to about $4 or £4 per ounce, but this was a few years ago, and he has not been particularly active recently, although he had been very vocal at the time. I saw his name mentioned a few days ago, but can't remember it offhand. I am sure someone will remind us.

This blog page might be useful, https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/gold-silver-ratio-and-its-effect-on-silver-price/241 and it also contains a link to a longer page about the Gold:Silver ratio.

😎

Yes - your summary is spot on.
Long term investment for sure especially if prices drop 10 or 15% after buying which does happen.
So many people that have yet to experience the wrath of inflation and higher interest rates - they don't know the meaning of these words.
Times are changing and we are all ( mostly unless you reside in Monaco or the Caribbean ) going to have to batten down the hatches as the cost of living tsunami hits us with our devaluing fiat on top.

wonga

14 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I saw his name mentioned a few days ago, but can't remember it offhand.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

27 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yes - your summary is spot on.
Long term investment for sure especially if prices drop 10 or 15% after buying which does happen.
So many people that have yet to experience the wrath of inflation and higher interest rates - they don't know the meaning of these words.
Times are changing and we are all ( mostly unless you reside in Monaco or the Caribbean ) going to have to batten down the hatches as the cost of living tsunami hits us with our devaluing fiat on top.

Have you seen the price of property in Monaco?

😎

Chards

53 minutes ago, SidS said:

We should have a memorial corner to remember the wisdom of Wonger.

Indeed - perhaps the Great Lord COVID snatched Wonga away from us.
With the going down of the Sun we will remember him.

image.png.ba7b3a8347257411bee293981e72a8f9.png

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

As i have said many times before, with silver it is not a matter of if, it is simply a matter of when.
Commoditised currencies are getting near. Silver will be in the list backing currencies. Get ready.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Because there have been many "investment alternatives" to silver that have been much more profitable as a short term investment. Real estate and land but also digital currencies and even NFT's, Pokemon cards and whiskey to mention a few. Silver should also not be seen as an "investment" but as a storage of wealth. Once the aforementioned bubbles start popping one by one we more or less think that people will seek refuge in the one thing whose value has endured through history. Precious metals. 

P.S. OP kudos for communicating in a foreign language but you might want to take a look at your use of interpunction. It would further improve the readability of your posts. Keep on honing those skills and keep on using that thirst for knowledge to your advantage fellow countryman!    

First of all and this should almost be a topic on it's own - why are precious metals precious? Often you will hear, because of certain physical properties, because of their history, because they are shiny but the main reason is, most goods become cheaper if you produce them in higher quantities unlike gold and silver - getting more out of the ground becomes more and more expensive because of how they are distributed under the surface and of how much there is to get out of the ground, at all.

Secondly, why are they undervalued? Because the fiat money system creates wrong incentives, corrupts the society, sets wrong price signals and weakens the economy which however can be fixed with more money printing for a while, which in turn creates bubbles that promise huge and quick gains, which make the opportunity costs of holding gold or silver bigger, an environment where it's not too difficult for the people around the central banks to manipulate precious metal prices, natural enemies of the fiat money system, on top of first effect.

Thirdly, to answer your question - because the looming financial crash is not being anticipated yet and the markets are highly irrational in the short and medium term. We haven't seen the fiat bubbles, e.g. the housing prices and whatnot crashing yet which means the illusions of the current fiat cycle are still in place and working.

And finally I have to say, I completely appreciate everyone's impatience and even doubts about investments (or savings). It's only natural. But only those who not start running around like headless chicken will be able to save their wealth to the other side of the crash or even increase it during the process. There will be a very few assets to get you over the crisis and gold and silver are amongst them.

Edited by silenceissilver