• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Queen's Reign Honours and Investitures 2022.

I just went for the 1oz, to keep and no more, none to flip, cant be arsed flipping these when you dont know how they are selling or when you're gonna get them

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Anyone else think this coin would be a stunner if it only had the signature on the reverse, and none of the other gubbins? I would have bought that. As it is I look at this coin and think it'll be yet another crown on the secondary market for 25 quid in a few years. But you never know...

1 hour ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Anyone else think this coin would be a stunner if it only had the signature on the reverse, and none of the other gubbins? I would have bought that. As it is I look at this coin and think it'll be yet another crown on the secondary market for 25 quid in a few years. But you never know...

I do like the signature whether on the obverse or reverse.  There was no real marketing for this coin - just sort of popped up.  The RM is pushing out way too many coins.  I won't collect the other City Views (beyond London) because I just don't have an interest.  Plus, it could get cumbersome and expensive if they pump out many city views.  The Queens Honours don't bother me as much because there will only be three.  I am collecting the Royal Monarchs because that series is exciting and the coins are quite striking.

On 31/05/2022 at 15:58, JeffM said:

I do like the signature whether on the obverse or reverse.  There was no real marketing for this coin - just sort of popped up.  The RM is pushing out way too many coins.  I won't collect the other City Views (beyond London) because I just don't have an interest.  Plus, it could get cumbersome and expensive if they pump out many city views.  The Queens Honours don't bother me as much because there will only be three.  I am collecting the Royal Monarchs because that series is exciting and the coins are quite striking.

The coloured silver proof Blackpool coin was alright, even though it's not a city.

😎

Chards

10 minutes ago, JeffM said:

Just about a complete sellout of these.  Only the BU available now.

FOMO I'd guess. The RM could sell circulated 10p coins with a '70' sticker on them, chuck 7 of them in a blister pack with the words 'Seven 10p coins to mark 70 glorious years etc etc ' and sell them at £92.50 no problem. 😀 You saw it here first!

24 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

FOMO I'd guess. The RM could sell circulated 10p coins with a '70' sticker on them, chuck 7 of them in a blister pack with the words 'Seven 10p coins to mark 70 glorious years etc etc ' and sell them at £92.50 no problem. 😀 You saw it here first!

OK, I want it badly....NOW!!  Where can I order that 7 coin set?  I want and need EVERYTHING related to the Platinum Jubilee!  If the Queen deposits a used tissue in the trash, how can I get that??

16 minutes ago, JeffM said:

OK, I want it badly....NOW!!  Where can I order that 7 coin set?  I want and need EVERYTHING related to the Platinum Jubilee!  If the Queen deposits a used tissue in the trash, how can I get that??

I can do you a one off, totally unique, guaranteed version of that set for just £49.95 delivered if you like.

The Diamond Jubilee was a bit before my time in this hobby/passtime/obsession, call it what you will, but was there all this craziness around around then as well? Cos all the stuff from then didn't do great. The silver crowns etc are £25 if you really want one. The sovereigns are a different matter I suppose (I admit I did buy a proof this year, which I really like, but it won't make me rich) and will always hold a value.

I get that a platinum Jubilee is actually unique, but I just can't believe the madness of it. And it won't be long until Charles becomes king (under what name who knows) and the circus starts again.

Jeez.

1 hour ago, Macaucheers said:

it is 925, not 999. I am still thinking about it. No wonder 96th birthday coin disappear lol

Worth every penny, no matter what!  😃

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Shinus73 said:

Will make a nice Xmas present - still waiting for the 1st coin, ordered on 31st May.

OMG, I received that one long ago, and I'm in the U.S.!

• 2 months later...