• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Queen's Reign Honours and Investitures 2022.

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

There isn't a piedfort 2oz in this range.

Hi paulmerton,

As a newbie to this game, I hate to question someone with your knowledge and reputation! Just to be clear, these are the coins that I'm referring to and want to buy if anyone has one of them / all of them for sale:

The Queen's Reign The Commonwealth 2022 UK £5 Silver Proof Piedfort Coin

The Queen's Reign Charity and Patronage 2022 UK £5 Silver Proof Piedfort Coin

The Queen's Reign Honours and Investitures 2022 UK £5 Silver Proof Piedfort Coin

7 minutes ago, timsk said:

Hi paulmerton,

As a newbie to this game, I hate to question someone with your knowledge and reputation! Just to be clear, these are the coins that I'm referring to and want to buy if anyone has one of them / all of them for sale:

The Queen's Reign Honours and Investitures 2022 UK £5 Silver Proof Piedfort Coin

Those are all £5 crowns, so the piedforts would weigh 20 elevenths of an ounce rather than 2 ounces. Alas, I have none!

29 minutes ago, timsk said:

Hi paulmerton,

If you scroll down to the Specifications on the links you provided, you’ll see that @paulmerton is correct in terms of the weight of a Crown/ Piedfort. 

49 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Those are all £5 crowns, so the piedforts would weigh 20 elevenths of an ounce rather than 2 ounces. Alas, I have none!

Hi pm,

I was aware when I wrote my last post that I might be served a helping of humble pie!

Thank you for pointing out the error of my ways, as I was indeed under the (mistaken) impression that a piedfort coin was nothing more than a fancy name for a 2 oz coin. That said, I don't feel too silly, as I feel the mistake is an understandable one for a newbie like myself to make!

😉

On 10/08/2022 at 09:54, Shinus73 said:

Will make a nice Xmas present - still waiting for the 1st coin, ordered on 31st May.

Still waiting…..

Edited by Shinus73

2 minutes ago, timsk said:

Hi pm,

I was aware when I wrote my last post that I might be served a helping of humble pie!

Thank you for pointing out the error of my ways, as I was indeed under the (mistaken) impression that a piedfort coin was nothing more than a fancy name for a 2 oz coin. That said, I don't feel too silly, as I feel the mistake is an understandable one for a newbie like myself to make!

😉

No worries, just don't get diddled by thinking sterling silver crowns are the same thing as 999+ silver 1oz proofs 😃

As for piedfort coins, they are just coins that are twice as thick as their non-piedfort versions. The design and all other dimensions are usually the same, e.g. on the 2022 proof sovereign.

1 hour ago, timsk said:

Hi paulmerton,

I think you might need to just bide your time in order to find these Piedforts, without paying huge premiums- I see sellers on eBay are asking £250- £500 each for them.   Its been a popular series and unusually the 3 Crowns issued, with a 4k mintage each sold out, and the mintage of the Piedforts was well under 2k.  

19 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

Still waiting…..

I think what's affecting supply on the Secondary market, aside from perhaps people hanging on to them following Her Majesty's passing, is that people who bought from the Royal Mint are still waiting to receive the first issue!  As exemplified by @Shinus73's frustration.  I only received my third coin issue on Thursday this week.  I think patience will be the key to getting this series collected up.  

1 minute ago, richatthecroft said:

I think what's affecting supply on the Secondary market, aside from perhaps people hanging on to them following Her Majesty's passing, is that people who bought from the Royal Mint are still waiting to receive the first issue!  As exemplified by @Shinus73's frustration.  I only received my third coin issue on Thursday this week.  I think patience will be the key to getting this series collected up.  

I also received the third issue on Thursday, returned for a replacement on Friday.

• 1 month later...