• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What's the coin?

3 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Not sure, but Baird's did a load of rounds like this for Diwali etc.

Interesting, they also had quite a bit of 2.5 to 10g Baird's bars in gold. Not Close enough to spot to consider, I did make a cheeky offer of £125 for a 2.5g bar but they were firm on £150 :(

2 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

£35 for a 1oz Britannia!! 😳

I know! All the bullion was way over what you can get it for on here. Bit never know always worth a look.

Edited by Dakaras

7 minutes ago, Dakaras said:

I know! All the bullion was way over what you can get it for on here. Bit never know always worth a look.

A few weeks ago a jewellers in Glasgow looked me straight in the eye and asked £40 (yes, forty) quid each for manky silver Brits. It cracks me up just thinking about it!!😀

3 hours ago, Dakaras said:

Photo from a local pawn shop today, I'm not familiar with the four armed god coin, can anyone shed any light.? Thanks in advance.

IMG_20220511_134453174_HDR.jpg

3 hours ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Screenshot_20220511-154310_Chrome.thumb.jpg.810b85e4c58455898a97d252b97462c4.jpg

Yes, Bairds it is.

So as you now know, the goddess is Lakshmi.

But if course, it is a medallion or "round", and is not a coin.

Give the pawn shop a break, they probably paid somewhere between £10 and £15 each for them, and the poor b*****ds have to make a living somehow (or do they?).

It could be fun to take a silver Britannia or other one ounce silver coin in, and asl what they would pay.

It might even be as little as £10!

😎

Chards

43 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Give the pawn shop a break, they probably paid somewhere between £10 and £15 each for them, and the poor b*****ds have to make a living somehow (or do they?).

It could be fun to take a silver Britannia or other one ounce silver coin in, and asl what they would pay.

😎

Thank you, I've just been considering taking a Brit in see what they offer...Don't know I could stand the disappointment 

15 minutes ago, Dakaras said:

Thank you, I've just been considering taking a Brit in see what they offer...Don't know I could stand the disappointment 

You should do it, and let everyone here know the result.

Could ask for some guesses first!

😎

Chards

13 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

😎

Even funnier if you take in the same type of coin they're selling at £35 each.

17 hours ago, TheShinyStuff said:

A few weeks ago a jewellers in Glasgow looked me straight in the eye and asked £40 (yes, forty) quid each for manky silver Brits. It cracks me up just thinking about it!!😀

Don't t leave us all hanging on half the story. How many did you buy? Did you 'back up the truck?' 😂